Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Shop Talk
Forum List
All Recent Posts
Petro Auctions Now
Google within Oldgas.com
How to Register
More "How To" Help
Who's Online
85 registered (Martin from OZ, 63shelby, Tico man, Brian Sobecki, PlainBroke, dane421, 2 Gallon Luke, K PAGE, Robert77, SeinfeldKramer, Wayne Wood, PETRO NUT, Jwsloop19, Newpumpguy71, Ron Cabanayan, richlube, Dave9340, petropumps, Stephenwarren30, BryceG, KIP, 1968pickup, Bob Richards, WJHcurator, pumpdoc, savex, Derbygasman, Oldgas, hotroddeuce, DTC, DX Guy, Keystone Gas Man, gasmansgp, mancave1, mcguffeyd1, big_dan_1950, Rabbitman, K W FRITH, nzoil, Jolly-John, TexasBest, Esse's Garage, CDN67427, Stu K., LOWright, Savinsam, Xman4444, bagged1961, gatorgaspumps, Seanmel, Johnay, Jason K, JOSBORN, johnnyreb, hotrodfun1, krupp13, gbates, gmc, frankpl, nochevys, Craig Osbeck, Wes Maxwell, 66Ford, tallman, oletymy, Nubbers123, Dewdude, J, Micieli, chevyll, Stevo, archer2, Rene'P, 60wayne, herns, Fasturn402, slyle133, 9 invisible), 336 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome New Members
New Member from IL
by bates1963
Fri Aug 28 2015 02:40 PM
Alemite chassis grease machine
by Fuzzy
Thu Aug 20 2015 08:15 AM
by 22bell
Tue Aug 18 2015 12:10 PM
Hello from London
by floridabob
Tue Aug 18 2015 11:18 AM
new
by scoobydoo
Sun Aug 16 2015 07:16 PM
Newest Members
JSH742, Ed Olague, MarkBaisley, TRuf, Dormie
16647 Registered Users
August
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
17 minutes 46 seconds ago the ones that got away by richlube

ebay 181849001001

4 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 09:56 AM Visi gauge for G&B 105 clockface by Done4

I need a visi gauge like this for my G&B 105 clock face pump. It originally came with two and one side was blocked off. Any help will greatly be appreciated, thanks. Les

31 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 08:43 AM Ok Chevrolet neon sign by 60wayne

These two neon strips went on either side of a 24 inch round neon Ok sign. They are 10 foot long each, there is one end cap the other is missing. They have three sections of neon on one side,flat on the back side. Neon is broken in several places. It has cut outs for mounting on three inch poles. I have several metal letters that slide into groves in front of the neon. I also have a friend that has several more that I can purchase. Can be picked up in Lynchburg Va. or delivered to Dixie, Charlotte Auto Fair,or Hershey with a deposit. Asking $2000 Pm if interested.

About a year ago someone posted some pictures of a complete sign on here but I can't find it. Any help with pictures as examples would be appreciated.

237 Views · 2 Comments
Today at 01:26 AM One year anniversary of Dick Bennett's passing by Don Beaver

Today is the one year anniversary of Dick Bennett's passing

I remember one of the first times we talked about 15 years ago he had seen me post on old gas using my initials "db" he said that those were his and I should not use them on old gas we both laughed pretty good on that one. I don't think I ever did use my initials again.

I was digging through some emails tonight and found this one that he sent me just a couple of hours before his passing.

August 28th 5:54 pm

Dick wrote: Have been very Short winded for couple of weeks & in-between ins. coverage. Medicare starts on Monday & will get in for tests.
Hopefully they can get it figured out

I Wrote: Uncle db what the heck is this short winded thing? You been smoking to much??

He replied: The short winded started just after I Quit smoking. I have been cutting
back over the last year. Use to smoke 1-2 pk a day.

I replied: Let me know about your doctor visit and what you find out.

341 Views · 16 Comments
Yesterday at 10:06 PM SOHIO Quart Glass Oil Bottle and Spout. Excellent. by Jolly-John

This in an excellent condition, SOHIO 20W quart glass oil bottle and spout. The SOHIO logo is fired-on (not a decal or painted) the bottle. The spout is a completely-undented Master. It is the tall version of the Master spout, so it is good proportion to the glass bottle itself. No chips or problems.

The price is $125, plus shipping. Your personal or business check, or a money order are welcomed for payment. Thanks. John

76 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 09:50 PM Stoll VISCOYL Quart Glass Oil Bottle. Very Good. by Jolly-John

This is a very good condition, VISCOYL S.A.E. 10 quart glass oil bottle. VISCOYL was the marketing brand of Stoll Oil Refining Co., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky.

NOTE: I slipped some white plastic foam into the oil bottle, so the logo imprint would photograph properly. The bottle is clear glass, as you'd expect.

Very good condition, fired-on graphics on both sides. The bottle also has these fired-on words in orange letters running vertically on the bottle (not shown in the photos): "One Quart- Fill to Glass Ring", with a VISCOYL arrow logo pointing to the ring on the bottle.

No chips or problems. Comes with a excellent condition, Parbee Pump & Mfg., St. Louis, MO. oil spout and cap.

The price is $150, plus shipping. Your personal or business check, or a money order are welcomed for payment. Thanks for looking. John

68 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 08:48 PM Auburn Fall Auction by Robert77

Is anyone going to Auburn to buy in the Fall Auction? They want $100 just to register to bid and another $50 per lot won, + a 15% final value fee!!! I'm looking for someone who might be going or who's already registered that would be interested in splitting the registration fee and bid on 1 specific lot for me. Please PM me if interested...

206 Views · 8 Comments
Yesterday at 08:34 PM GUDOL Motor Oil Quart Glass Oil Bottle by Jolly-John

I've had this GUDOL Quart Oil Bottle for the better part of 35 years. I have never been able to find a thing about this brand.

The round GUDOL Motor Oil S.A.E. 40 decal has been applied to a Harper & Shields bottle. The large S.A.E. 40 marking toward the top is also a decal. Comes with a very good condition, The AMCO Corp, New York/Chicago spout and cap.

The price is $95, plus shipping. Your personal or business check, or a money order are welcomed for payment. John

83 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 08:20 PM Holiday StationStores Coin Bank. 1960's, 1970's? by Jolly-John

Here's an NOS Holiday Discount StationStores coin bank. Great graphics and color, with the two elephants depicting "BIG SAVINGS". Based in Minneapolis, the Holiday stores were very popular here in the Midwest. They sold everything from gas and oil to beach balls to live bait...to ammo for your .22. I believe this bank dates to the mid-1960's and into the 1970's. I'd certainly welcome any specific dating info from the gang here on Old Gas.

Measures 4-3/4" high by 2-5/8" in diameter. Very strong colors. This bank has a few minor paint marks, but certainly appears to be NOS. Displays very well.

The price is $46, plus shipping. Your personal or business check or a money order are welcomed for payment. Thanks for looking. John

80 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 08:02 PM Two Eco Air Meters by SignCouple21411

Up for sale are two awesome vintage Eco air meters. One is a wall mount unit and the other is a pedestal mount with the hard to find water spigot flange. These units are in great shape with the frames having been sandblasted on both of them. Some surface rust has appeared on a few pieces but there is absolutely no rust through on any pieces at all. A couple pieces have some minor rust pitting but the metal is solid. I tried to capture this in the photos. These units have been disassembled as I was going to restore them but never got around to it. All of the pieces are there except that the wall mount unit is missing the actual wall mount bracket. The pedestal mount was also repaired on the base a long time ago as it was under multiple layers of paint. All the pieces that haven't been sandblasted were not cleaned at all so I imagine the grease and oil will come off easily. The chrome pieces will definitely need a rechroming if you want to restore them to showroom condition. The first four photos are of the wall mount unit and the second four are of the pedestal mount unit. These units could be delivered to Dixie Gas as long as they are paid in full before the show. Asking 900 for the pedestal mount and 800 for the wall mount. If someone would like both pieces feel free to make an offer on both items. Thanks a lot and have a great day!

[img]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b562/mgray129/0112f9ac7c1f3d2adcd16e470fbe35c1_zpsxfsjdquq.jpg[IMG]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b562/mgray129/95c01193ff8ca9cba6b89b350836a77c_zps8uqllzil.jpg[/img][/IMG]

257 Views · 1 Comments
Petro Recent Posts
Auburn Fall Auction
by Robert77
Fri Aug 28 2015 05:02 PM
the ones that got away
by richlube
Fri Aug 28 2015 04:57 PM
kyle moore collection
by BryceG
Fri Aug 28 2015 04:45 PM
Wayne 615
by PlainBroke
Fri Aug 28 2015 03:38 PM
Gmc sales service trucks sign
by Nubbers123
Fri Aug 28 2015 03:25 PM
One year anniversary of Dick Bennett's passing
by eshaver
Fri Aug 28 2015 03:03 PM
Two of my pumps stolen in Kansas
by Gas Pump Rob
Fri Aug 28 2015 02:41 PM
Bennett Lubesters (4) & Barrel Pumps (3)
by PlainBroke
Fri Aug 28 2015 02:29 PM
Wayne 500 series
by Ryan Underthun
Fri Aug 28 2015 01:54 PM
Ok Chevrolet neon sign
by 60wayne
Fri Aug 28 2015 01:54 PM
Tokheim 34 lower display sheetmetal
by Gas Pump Rob
Fri Aug 28 2015 01:40 PM
Polly Gas