Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Shop Talk
Forum List
All Recent Posts
Petro Auctions Now
Google within Oldgas.com
How to Register
More "How To" Help
Who's Online
63 registered (gasmansgp, sandman325, Gasman84470, TheGriffin, carolinaskies, It's for sale, bagged1961, cggas, Ryan Underthun, Restoration-1, DWSheffer, herns, pumpdoc, allnickcats, RandyM, Fasturn402, s10truck, J, Micieli, ROCCO2, PlainBroke, The Rip, nuts66, G Jones, Savinsam, Stu K., eric grinder, Catauladave, Maxgas, hotroddeuce, shelibby, Old Racer, SodaJim, intagas, Petro 2013, JW32, H1HUMMER, drafter, Keystone Gas Man, SKomatinsky, Sinclair Dino, dgklink, petro & rodz, Hardy's Garage, squick, dooger54, 2 Gallon Luke, Mattgas, Newpumpguy71, Tankar, indymike500, romerx, pop and gas man, Robert's Relics, SODAMAMAK, Bill jr, LOWright, Gas stuff.com, 6 invisible), 145 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome New Members
5 Gallon Garauntee Liquid Measure w/External Pump!
by Gearling
Thu Sep 03 2015 09:46 AM
Noob
by Gearling
Wed Sep 02 2015 10:37 PM
New in Nebraska
by Mitch1967
Tue Sep 01 2015 01:59 PM
Newbie with Polly Gas Sign
by Russ Taft
Tue Sep 01 2015 12:18 AM
New From Wyoming
by WY ME
Mon Aug 31 2015 07:56 PM
Newest Members
YOGI BEER, Baby Doll, kevin moore, Gearling, burnout
16670 Registered Users
20 minutes 28 seconds ago Job Well Done by bagged1961

Purchased this heavy duty quart a while back here on old gas. It was in dire straights. Sent it to TeeTee. Kevin did an outstanding job of relidding and tweaking this can. Very happy and deserves a shout out for a job well done. Very reasonable to have this done. Kevin said, "It's not really a money maker...just enjoy bringing cans back to life." Stand up guy and outstanding work

Before:

After:

13 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 06:20 AM Bowser 300 Pumpkin Head by Restoration-1

Does anyone have or know of an unrestored Bowser 300 clockface pumpkin head pump for sale??

Eric von Grimmenstein
Indianapolis, IN
317 502-5669
evong@vanausdall.com

14 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 10:46 PM Red Sinclair ethyl ad glass by champlinman

Looking for a set of original red Sinclair ethyl ad glass to match my globe. Will be going on my Bennett 76. Size is 4.75" x 10.75". Any condition considered. Have lots of other ad glass to trade if a person would prefer that. Please PM or call/text. 402-984-9269. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx! Todd.

28 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 10:32 PM Centralia / Chehalis Fall Swap meet by muntzman

Does anyone here usually set up at the Centralia / Chehalis swap meet.

59 Views · 3 Comments
Yesterday at 08:56 PM Go back for a "SECOND LOOK"! by K W FRITH

About 5 or 6 years ago, I stopped in a small town about 20 miles from home, and I was able to buy the "Fairbanks Scales" sign from the side of this old grain elevator. I spent some time with the owner and got a tour of the interior of the elevator and even got to buy a tin sign dated 1928, that announced the name of the construction company that built the facility!
I've often driven past the town and wondered if I had been diligent enough in looking the place over for advertising signs? I got my chance a couple days ago when I was in the town looking at something else that another person owned. I asked my friend if the owner of the old elevator was still around and he replied that the old man had passed away, but his son lived just down the block.
I left his place and drove over to chat with the deceased mans son and to inquire as to whether or not I could go thru the place again. He was more than happy to spend some time talking about the old place and was anxious to go over there with me.
The interior was just exactly as I remembered it with very little changed. We decided to look over the office area, and as we entered, I began scanning the walls to see what I might have missed? We stood talking for several minutes when I happened to look at the floor and noticed a round metal disc laying on the floor. It was secured in place by a couple of nails placed around the perimeter, and he said it was just a piece of tin that the old parlor stove used to sit on!
Now I don't remember any stove from my last visit, but I sure recognize porcelain when I see it and I told him I was positive we were looking at the back side of a porcelain sign! With a puzzled look, he bent down and moved a couple of nails so he could lift the sign-- and THERE IT WAS!
Evidently there had been a Buick dealership in this little town that had been located just across the street from the elevator! I suppose they had given up an old sign at some time or another when a piece was needed to set the new parlor stove on?
How in the heck did I miss it on my first visit to the elevator? I KNOW that I was in the same room and standing in virtually the same spot on the last trip-- and somehow had missed seeing the round porcelain sign on the floor in front of my feet? AMAZING!
I really enjoyed my time with the man that now owns the place and I have plans to go back some day, because he showed me a pile of dirt where he swears that at least 2 pumps and some signs are buried! Not only that, but we confirmed it, because there is a corner of an old sign sticking up in the overgrown grass that is porcelain! CAN YOU SAY BACKHOE!!!
Pictures are of the old elevator and a "before" & "after" of the Buick sign!
I hope you enjoyed the little story, and the moral of the story is: "Take the time to go back for a second look"--it might surprise you!!

183 Views · 7 Comments
Yesterday at 08:51 PM Station Attendant/Auto Dealer Mechanic Hat Toppers by Jolly-John

I have seven gas station attendant/car dealer hat toppers. Some are NOS. They are for sale as a group. These are just the toppers, and do not include any frames. NOTE: All of these toppers are the proper height, in order to accept an oil company or car maker patch in the front. I simply didn't puff all of these toppers up before taking the photos.

1. DeSoto/Plymouth logo patch topper. Gray striped pattern cloth. One mended hole in the very top surface. Also, some spots from use here and there. I have not done any cleaning. Presents very well. (two photos)

2. Buick Service logo patch topper. A bunch of heavy (undercoating?) material on this. I'm thinking the value is in the nice original Buick patch, which miraculously doesn't have any of the black gunk on it. I have not tried to clean this topper. (two photos)

3. NOS dark blue topper, with the stripe pattern in the material. I believe this one is correct for a Standard attendant's hat. No problems to note. (one photo)

4. NOS very dark blue topper. No stripe pattern in the material. No problems to note. (one photo)

5. Lighter blue topper. No stripe pattern in the material. Mended small hole and general wear on the very top surface. (one photo)

6. NOS off-white topper, with stripe pattern in the material. Has a few small spots on it, that I have not tried to remove. (one photo)

7. NOS off-white topper, with the stripe pattern in the material. Has quite a few spots on it. I have not attempted to do any cleaning. (one photo)

The price is $150 for this group of seven pieces. Shipping is additional. Your personal or business check, or a money order are welcomed. Thanks.

104 Views · 2 Comments
Yesterday at 08:46 PM Items that I can bring to Dixie gas on Friday by oldiesbutgoodies

Here is a list of a few items that I am willing to sell and bring to Dixie gas if paid for in advance. I will text or email pics upon request.
Dayton 50 $1900 Or reasonable offer
Bowser 102 $1000

Bowser 22c siamese pump 2- available $900 each
Tok 620 with nice blue cyl. $1800

Text me with any questions because I will be on the road all weekend.

115 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 08:22 PM Cities Service can rack by K W FRITH

This is an all original Cities Service 3 tiered can rack. Its in the best shape I have ever seen, with original paint and absolutely "NO DAMAGE" to the shelving! This unit has been used before, but I doubt that it has ever seen gas station duty! It is just too straight and clean! Pictures show both sides!
I can box it and ship it, but I would rather deliver it to you at the Peotone show!
Price is $800 plus shipping or free delivery to Peotone!

149 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 08:15 PM Erie 53 Gas Pump by Chevrolet SS

Original Art Deco Erie 53 gas pump. Can bring to Dixie Gas in Sevierville, Tennessee next week. Asking $18,500 or best offer. Call for more specific details or questions. Thanks, Ron
(815) 762-2616

I have pictures for any serious buyer. Too much trouble to post here. Sorry......

156 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 05:47 PM Handy old bench / table. by tom 2 tone

used this bench dozens of times, it came from a junk yard they were clearing out a long time ago. never altered... came just as you see it (less the overspray) slides around real easy, slide it out the back door, grind, weld, paint, put a plank on it sometimes... must have been a dozen different colors on the top of it. whom ever had it ground the angles smooth so the top is flat. - welded a few early ford dash holes up on it yesterday.

could never replace it.

120 Views · 5 Comments
Petro Recent Posts
Texas City Refining (TCR) Plastic sign for sale
by TheGriffin
Fri Sep 04 2015 07:20 AM
Go back for a "SECOND LOOK"!
by DWSheffer
Fri Sep 04 2015 07:06 AM
Job Well Done
by bagged1961
Fri Sep 04 2015 07:00 AM