Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Shop Talk
Forum List
All Recent Posts
Petro Auctions Now
Google within Oldgas.com
How to Register
More "How To" Help
Who's Online
156 registered (Novaman, coke_and_stuff, Speedracer, Andy, SKomatinsky, VEEDOL_AL1, full-o-gas, goodgulf, Sarman47, Neil Gerrard, mcguffeyd1, Mr.Wadhams, cmeon66, Let er' Buck, SWABBY, LennyS, TexasBest, buzzy56, PETRO NUT, db_cooper, Rabbitman, LKYSPADE, Gasman84470, mavericks8371, Bob Richards, garagejunkie, trifiver, Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave, JUNK KING, cig31, H1HUMMER, CDN67427, ponyboy79, Mustang_MJ, hillsideshortleg, JimT, Scott Baselt, HoneyBearFarm, Jack Sim, BIGFOOT, cannonball, gatorgaspumps, st.rod, ROCCO2, Gas stuff.com, Steve C., Perdue31, Tbirdgas, daveybtv, OLDTINDEALER, George Sager, TheGriffin, marky, Aaron S., dundign, Rsljr1, stublue, kentjay56, Chryco, Dave Richey, Arrington, DWSheffer, jbrooks, JGD, Sinclair Dino, RARIN TO GO, Signs-R-Us, Catauladave, Jmill, Joe brugnoni, herns, shaunhiggins, keithia, Esse's Garage, Oilcanman87, Canadiandiesel, 1969L88, Ricker, DCpate, mrcavalcade, PlainBroke, Xman4444, Boxcar, dktoyz, oldnfuelish, Chance, gmstuff, jrsironworks, pumpdoc, Toys4Fun, old&rusty, 42packard, aquatic, Showcase, Vernski, savex, romerx, Oldgas, It's for sale, Sthudson, petropumps, Lappin864, wolf1980, Craig Osbeck, johninlongview, hawkike, fairlane_2, bagged1961, Robert77, Jason K, dane421, mikey, Bass Master, wocopep, 1PetroFan, ranchpump, Burtuckyboy, rbonitz, JeffS, ssb15, Hardy's Garage, skyrocket, Smoketree, Oil King, oldpumper, fleetcmat, coheley5, LC 336, bmclemore, Goober's Station, bowtiefan, tsubahog, JR Pat, GASandOIL, Mitchtr25068, azjockey, 63Vette, Overworkeddad, Dr Dave, Dewdude, hancock-oil, richlube, TC, wfort39663, iowaoil, 11 invisible), 276 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome New Members
Visible pump
by Westy
Wed Nov 26 2014 07:46 PM
New Member from Music City USA {Nashville}
by KY in TN
Wed Nov 26 2014 01:23 AM
New Member from Ontario, Canada
by Sarman47
Mon Nov 24 2014 10:53 PM
Hello From Buffalo NY
by daveybtv
Mon Nov 24 2014 09:11 AM
Official New Guy Introduction
by Senorx
Wed Nov 19 2014 09:20 AM
Newest Members
OchsAuctions, Westy, Sarman47, Cdp, Jmill
16047 Registered Users
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
44 minutes 57 seconds ago Washington DC area places to visit? by RARIN TO GO

Hi all! I'm heading to Washington DC tomorrow morning and coming home Sunday morning. I don't know much about the area so I was hoping some of you could recommend some places to go antiquing or maybe some collectors to visit. Probably nothing further than one and a half hours away from DC. An area with lots of antique stores regardless of what they have might be good. Thanks in advance for any leads! Please PM or post them here.

chris

I probably posted this in the wrong category. Can't keep up with the changes here. Hope it gets moved rather than deleted.

10 Views · 0 Comments
45 minutes 51 seconds ago Mike and Frank strike again. by texacokie

I seen tonight they screwed a older man on a ECO on the pole for 250.00 and was talking it down the whole time....sheesh.

42 Views · 1 Comments
58 minutes 38 seconds ago Richlube and Richfield quart cans by Xman4444

Still searching for any Richfield or Richlube quart cans.
Re-posting as my email address has changed.
If you have extras or doubles you'd like to sell please PM me or email with photos to kevintribe44@gmail.com

Thanks so much.

13 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 08:42 PM Tripple-head lubster by SWABBY

Hi gang...Just picked up a triple-head lubster today and thought I would see if there is any interest...Has all 3
screens, owner states the 3 dipsticks are in the tanks.
Cannot verify that right now. Box is good, as are all three
of the heads. Wooden handles are there also. Has all 3 wheels, 2 back 1 in front. Still has oil in it..575. Tks

63 Views · 1 Comments
Today at 08:20 PM ECO AIR METER MISC. PARTS by Jack Sim

NOS, original ECO Islander water spout. Three available $65.00 each plus shipping
New modern day ECO Islander water spout. Made by Milton. Last one, $20.00 plus shipping.
NOS plastic tubes, complete set of three, special price $20 per set (not $30.00) plus shipping, (have 20 sets available).

Four clock face needles, repros. need to be drilled out. $10.00 each plus shipping.
New Islander bumper, last one, $15.00 plus shipping
ECO repro ID tag for ECO 15 and others, $10.00 plus shipping.

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/p5CG9Le4j][/URL

I don't do PMs, first to post here, then email me at jhsim@petrocollect.com for shipping details. We take Paypal with no fees.

Jack Sim

49 Views · 1 Comments
Today at 07:58 PM Jack's Illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps- 2nd Edition by JeffS

I have two copies of Jack's 2nd edition Illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps, so I'm selling one of them. Like new condition. $125 shipped.

Thanks
Jeff

96 Views · 5 Comments
Today at 07:41 PM ROMORT/ARNO MISC. AIR METER PARTS by Jack Sim

Front cover for Arno 41 air meter. Aluminum, nothing wrong with it, has old Arno glass, one used speer and two used trim pieces. $100.00 plus shipping.

Used Arno 41 air meter housing. In good condition except for the crack and the piece broken out of the side. You could make a dummy meter out of these pieces. $75.00 plus shipping.

Two new Romort/Arno trip pieces. $25.00 plus shipping for the pair.
Romort/Arno reset handle knob, original, $25.00 plus shipping
Romort/Arno 41 hose hook. We made them, exact copies and have been powder coated black $25.00 plus shipping

FREE SHIPPING IF YOU BUY EVERYTHING

I don't do PMs, first to post here, then email me at jhsim@petrocollect.com for payment details.

Jack Sim

44 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 06:47 PM You know you have too much time on your hands when by tbuckles

Since I am still recovering from leg surgery from that damn gas pump accident, I was laying on the couch with my leg propped up looking thru Wayne Henderson's 100 years of Gas Stations book. Then I started using Goggle Maps on my phone to punch up addresses and see if some of the old stations were still there. When he listed an address or cross street's sometimes you could still find the building. Sometimes they were remodeled so much they bore no resemblance to the original structure.

Which brings me to the pictures I have posted. I grew up a half block south of this station and drank a lot of pop from the Coke machine (more about that in a minute). My earliest memories of this station is about 1963 when my good friend Bruce Trump's dad and uncle ran it, it was "Bob and Jacks Texaco". The picture is from 1934. I distinctly remember the station using Tokheim 39's when I was a kid. Although the current picture does not even look like the same building I can most assuredly tell you it is.

This station sits in my home town of Knightstown Indiana on route US 40 at the corner of Jefferson and Main streets. Before I-70 was built I would set up at the station on Memorial Day late afternoon and watch all the traffic heading east from the Indy 500. I remember Bruce telling me that one day a limo pulled up and the driver got out and wanted to see the Womens restroom, it must have passed the inspection because the driver opened the back door and Phyllis Diller got out to use it.

I don't know why but I spent a lot of time up there but I did, hanging out, watching all the action. I can still remember how it smelled. I also bought my share of candy bars up there also out of the vending machine. Oh, about the Coke machine, it was a Vendo 110....my buddies and I were camping out in our back yard and went up there in the middle of the night to get a pop. Somehow we discovered that the machine would dispense the bottles without putting in more coins. Leave it say that if the pop would have been alcohol we would have been drunk on our butts and not sobered up for a week. But since it was pop we did get the belly ache...bad. The next day I was telling my mom about our "good fortune?" and mom marched me up there and I had to pay for all we drank...lesson learned, don't recall my age.

My mom was a professional photographer and she took a lot of pictures of the local gas stations. I will have to work on a then and now series.

Tom.

119 Views · 5 Comments
Today at 06:39 PM Two new signs by hotcidr

I had Dan Van Kannel touch these up, didn't want a full restoration on the Sentinel so he just cleaned it up. I'll keep the Ventura and sell the Sentinel
Great signs

98 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 04:49 PM Sinclair Oil and Standard Oil "Pop Gun" Give-aways by Bob Richards

I came across these and thought, someone might be interested?

Sinclair "Pop Gun":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Sinclair-O...v-/231400981060

Standard Oil "Pop Gun":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1938-STANDA...N-/191427529353

39 Views · 0 Comments
Petro Recent Posts
Tripple-head lubster
by Novaman
Wed Nov 26 2014 10:10 PM
Mike and Frank strike again.
by Rabbitman
Wed Nov 26 2014 10:03 PM