Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Shop Talk
Forum List
All Recent Posts
Petro Auctions Now
Google within Oldgas.com
How to Register
More "How To" Help
Who's Online
133 registered (Sinclair Dino, 42packard, Mustang_MJ, Tbirdgas, pumpdoc, essco, 63shelby, SignCouple21411, SeinfeldKramer, Scott Shipers, Mobilgas 1954, indianfaze, dundign, Sarman47, CDN67427, Cold Pizza, petropumps, Bob Richards, marky, JimT, chevyll, Rsljr1, sandman325, Seanmel, Walt K, TC, Bluefox, Robert77, HI-OCTANE, Gasoline George, Oilcanman87, kentjay56, champlinman, KIP, romerx, Gasman84470, junknjohn, It's for sale, dfranchi, pipes, johninlongview, J, Micieli, Rene'P, danlap99, Steve C., Let er' Buck, krupp13, coltex, MDQG, olddutchgas, Jolly-John, frankpl, shelibby, gatorgaspumps, Craig Osbeck, oldwelder, bmclemore, J.E.Radebaugh, SKomatinsky, mrcavalcade, goodgulf, Stu K., souperhigh, ryanfair, wocopep, Frank R, 2 Gallon Luke, indymike500, Valdezee, The Rip, moparjess, Mattgas, Sinclair1951, bagged1961, Savinsam, ed1966ss, richlube, Jwsloop19, Oldgas, AZ_66_Native, Aaron S., Southtx, Jason K, 1PetroFan, coopersplace, Loyd Pierce, THERMOMAN, Rmac'n'Iowa, hotroddeuce, LOWright, ranchpump, OK Used Cars, PETRO NUT, Larry P, hawkike, mcguffeyd1, credon, sanbo72, carolinaskies, 63Vette, shaunhiggins, petro & rodz, Nigel, Dave Richey, pkhammer, 4GAS&OIL, gaspumpfrank, MarkBaisley, shawn, TexasBest, bkcraun, sellersrodshop, Oil King, scoobydoo, Catauladave, redindianguy, Mitchtr25068, john deere 6430, otisbagotis, scottpcm, cancollector, garagejunkie, George Sager, GASandOIL, MATT ALVAREZ, gmstuff, FoMoCo, 6 invisible), 342 Guests and 40 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome New Members
Alemite chassis grease machine
by Fuzzy
Thu Aug 20 2015 08:15 AM
by 22bell
Tue Aug 18 2015 12:10 PM
Hello from London
by floridabob
Tue Aug 18 2015 11:18 AM
new
by scoobydoo
Sun Aug 16 2015 07:16 PM
New guy out of AZ
by Halfton65
Sun Aug 16 2015 09:00 AM
Newest Members
MarkBaisley, TRuf, Dormie, Seanmel, bates1963
16645 Registered Users
August
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
24 minutes 9 seconds ago Auburn Fall Auction by Robert77

Is anyone going to Auburn to buy in the Fall Auction? They want $100 just to register to bid and another $50 per lot won, + a 15% final value fee!!! I'm looking for someone who might be going or who's already registered that would be interested in splitting the registration fee and bid on 1 specific lot for me. Please PM me if interested...

6 Views · 0 Comments
38 minutes 26 seconds ago GUDOL Motor Oil Quart Glass Oil Bottle by Jolly-John

I've had this GUDOL Quart Oil Bottle for the better part of 35 years. I have never been able to find a thing about this brand.

The round GUDOL Motor Oil S.A.E. 40 decal has been applied to a Harper & Shields bottle. The large S.A.E. 40 marking toward the top is also a decal. Comes with a very good condition, The AMCO Corp, New York/Chicago spout and cap.

The price is $95, plus shipping. Your personal or business check, or a money order are welcomed for payment. John

20 Views · 0 Comments
51 minutes 53 seconds ago Holiday StationStores Coin Bank. 1960's, 1970's? by Jolly-John

Here's an NOS Holiday Discount StationStores coin bank. Great graphics and color, with the two elephants depicting "BIG SAVINGS". Based in Minneapolis, the Holiday stores were very popular here in the Midwest. They sold everything from gas and oil to beach balls to live bait...to ammo for your .22. I believe this bank dates to the mid-1960's and into the 1970's. I'd certainly welcome any specific dating info from the gang here on Old Gas.

Measures 4-3/4" high by 2-5/8" in diameter. Very strong colors. This bank has a few minor paint marks, but certainly appears to be NOS. Displays very well.

The price is $47, plus shipping. Your personal or business check or a money order are welcomed for payment. Thanks for looking. John

23 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 08:02 PM Two Eco Air Meters by SignCouple21411

Up for sale are two awesome vintage Eco air meters. One is a wall mount unit and the other is a pedestal mount with the hard to find water spigot flange. These units are in great shape with the frames having been sandblasted on both of them. Some surface rust has appeared on a few pieces but there is absolutely no rust through on any pieces at all. A couple pieces have some minor rust pitting but the metal is solid. I tried to capture this in the photos. These units have been disassembled as I was going to restore them but never got around to it. All of the pieces are there except that the wall mount unit is missing the actual wall mount bracket. The pedestal mount was also repaired on the base a long time ago as it was under multiple layers of paint. All the pieces that haven't been sandblasted were not cleaned at all so I imagine the grease and oil will come off easily. The chrome pieces will definitely need a rechroming if you want to restore them to showroom condition. The first four photos are of the wall mount unit and the second four are of the pedestal mount unit. These units could be delivered to Dixie Gas as long as they are paid in full before the show. Asking 900 for the pedestal mount and 800 for the wall mount. If someone would like both pieces feel free to make an offer on both items. Thanks a lot and have a great day!

[img]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b562/mgray129/0112f9ac7c1f3d2adcd16e470fbe35c1_zpsxfsjdquq.jpg[IMG]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b562/mgray129/95c01193ff8ca9cba6b89b350836a77c_zps8uqllzil.jpg[/img][/IMG]

46 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 07:00 PM It all began 156 years ago today by Vernski

On this date in 1859 according to my newspaper, Edwin Drake drilled the first successful oil well in Titusville, Pennsylvania.

49 Views · 2 Comments
Today at 06:54 PM Red Indian Signs at Shackleton Auction - Sat 19th by Oil King

For those of you looking for some mid grade Red Indian signs, there are 3 of them coming up at the Shackleton Auction this weekend. Here is the link to Proxibid showing all lots. With the weaker Canadian dollar I would imagine your US dollar goes a long ways on the buy and helps to negate the 15% buyers fee and shipping to the USA. Pretty good auction house from what I have heard.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=99690

Earl

41 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 06:26 PM Metal Quart Oil Cans For Sale by olddutchgas

Sorting cans and cleaning out the shop, all cans are metal and empty. Condition varies as seen in the photos, I will gladly send close up photos upon request. Some are missing a top or bottom lid.

Thanks!

Aaron

First group is $45 each shipped to the 48

146 Views · 8 Comments
Today at 05:58 PM National a62 a360 by Southtx

Looking for the bracket/piece that holds both the "National" chrome trim piece and it also holds the bottom of ad glass. Going to try to post a pic (first time posting one) of the same piece on the side I do have. Thanks Charlie

30 Views · 1 Comments
Today at 02:23 PM Early Mobil Pegasus sign by JW32

Anyone have any info. on a sign like this it is 2 signs & has a can between the signs. Signs are porcelain it's about 4 ft. It's a very cool piece. Not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.

Thanks, Jerry

184 Views · 10 Comments
Today at 02:18 PM Light fixture on Wayne 79 by mancave1

I need some advice. I'm in the middle if a restoration of aWayne 70 pump. I'm just about ready to reassemble, or at least I thought I was. I'm getting ready to rewire the light fixture. I've pulled the sockets and wiring. However, there is a black material inside that is very hard. I have not been been successful in removing the material. I have it out of the center of the fixture but the location where the lights branch out are full of this stuff. Can anyone help with an idea to remove this stuff. I have used drill bits but they haven't done any good. Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

58 Views · 1 Comments
Petro Recent Posts
the start of my new garage
by marky
20 minutes 13 seconds ago
Auburn Fall Auction
by Robert77
22 minutes 32 seconds ago
It all began 156 years ago today
by Sarman47
22 minutes 44 seconds ago
Bowser pump question
by Sarman47
34 minutes 5 seconds ago
GUDOL Motor Oil Quart Glass Oil Bottle
by Jolly-John
36 minutes 49 seconds ago
FORD Genuine PArts Sign
by Gasoline George
49 minutes 34 seconds ago
Holiday StationStores Coin Bank. 1960's, 1970's?
by Jolly-John
50 minutes 16 seconds ago
Fry pump shaft "nut"
by Walt K
51 minutes 9 seconds ago
wanted: gate valve for a FRY 17
by Walt K
57 minutes 40 seconds ago
Metal Quart Oil Cans For Sale
by olddutchgas
Today at 08:08 PM
Two Eco Air Meters