Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Shop Talk
Forum List
All Recent Posts
Petro Auctions Now
Google within Oldgas.com
How to Register
More "How To" Help
Who's Online
179 registered (Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave, Vernski, JimT, DCpate, Mr.Wadhams, 2 Gallon Luke, dwright, db_cooper, lubeoilman, krupp13, gasgeezer, Aaron S., Hud Oil, Oilcanman87, coltex, Derbygas, Sinclair Dino, Oldgas, bsplichal95, Tankar, wfort39663, Todd68, Rjhart123, Stingray, MARK SMITH, Wes Maxwell, K W FRITH, Derbygasman, mikey, CDN67427, mcguffeyd1, J, Micieli, Stevenrogers, Coops 427, Chryco, LOWright, Iceman, powerlube, garagejunkie, clarkin, Dave Richey, herns, Young's Union, essco, TC, gmc, moparjess, Fasturn402, Dewdude, Andy, tbert1, kentjay56, goodgulf, HoneyBearFarm, gatorgaspumps, cig31, PlainBroke, Cold Pizza, johnnyreb, speedy1962, Brian Matthews, Bluefox, Petro 2013, Catauladave, ryanfair, clap, frankpl, dundign, Bob Richards, TexasBest, sfm1951, romerx, Gasman84470, vert1, Newpumpguy71, Tbirdgas, TJammer, Steve C., SandPCollector, hotcidr, bagged1961, VEEDOL_AL1, BryceG, hemistudegasser, publicenemy1925, 57-Chevy, 4GAS&OIL, hawkike, MDQG, FosterChild, merctech, S gas, chevyll, petropumps, eric grinder, Speedracer, sandman325, Paul Bell, Xman4444, WayneH, ccookpe, Bass Master, Jamie P, Hardy's Garage, 1PetroFan, belair57, hancock-oil, carolinaskies, cggas, Jamison, Keystone Gas Man, Silverplate, nochevys, Blair Underwood, mrcavalcade, Collins6738, SWABBY, Craig Osbeck, oldnfuelish, H1HUMMER, petro & rodz, pumpdoc, 1Roman, Metro69, skinfxr, bmclemore, caddy, cmeon66, 60 Parkwood, mpoole, hobbies4howie, gmstuff, otisbagotis, Scott Shipers, keithia, old&rusty, Jack R, coopwyo, rustyrelicks, hotrodfun1, Yellow57, Savinsam, thermactor, 5 quart, Hawkestone, Boxcar, 983jeremy, Big Block Cat, lineman4801, r49th, texaspelican, Tico man, savex, SNUFFYGALORE, gasmelincelr, wocopep, Benjamin, Bruce E., oilmanpat, Loyd Pierce, shelibby, Markymark63, intagas, katfsh, henlovestoys, BlkAngus, 13 invisible), 327 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome New Members
Newby to Gas pump Reno's (Site Glass Spinner)
by Hdub
Mon Mar 30 2015 12:16 PM
NEW MEMBER -INTROUCTION AND QUESTIONS
by HAVOLINEGOLD
Thu Mar 26 2015 07:26 PM
Auction
by DaleWescott
Tue Mar 24 2015 09:44 PM
1st Post for me
by Doowop
Mon Mar 23 2015 08:11 PM
by signgurl27
Mon Mar 23 2015 04:10 AM
Newest Members
speedy1962, mblake 101, ccookpe, ArthurLong79, Hdub
16282 Registered Users
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
46 minutes 38 seconds ago Gilbarco Model 96 door by speedy1962

I looking for a Gilbarco Model 96 door with ad glass. would appreciate any advice on who to talk to or where o find one.

thanks,
Guy

12 Views · 1 Comments
55 minutes 17 seconds ago Thunderbird Gasoline Items by Tbirdgas

Looking for Thunderbird Gas items,have any??

19 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 03:45 PM OUTSTANDING 48" PORCELAIN TYDOL GAS IN THE RING by herns

I BOUGHT THIS A WHILE AGO, IT WAS COVERED IN 4 LAYERS OF PAINT, WHICH OBVIOUSLY PROTECTED IT VERY WELL! NICEST TYDOL GASOLINE SIGN I HAVE SEEN, STILL HAS SOME FAINT PAINT ON THE SIGN, I RAN OUT OF STRIPPER AND PATIENCE THE LAST TIME I WORKED ON IT. $2950 SHIPPED CHECK OR MONEY ORDER PREFERRED.

242 Views · 1 Comments
Today at 02:33 PM 6 Footers by H1HUMMER

I'm still looking to buy some (2 or 3) 6 foot signs for my exterior shed decor, rough barn hangers okay ! within a few hundred miles of Kennewick, Wa 99336 would be nice grin

If anyone has anything please pm me ! Thanks Z

111 Views · 2 Comments
Today at 01:35 PM GULF & WOLF'S HEAD CANS by ROCCO2

Gulf car wash cardboard full can $12.00 Wolf's head one gallon $20.00 all plus shipping

thanks
rock

106 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 01:28 PM 1 Pound Grease Cans by Sinclair Dino

Hello, 1 Pound Grease Cans 15.00 each shipped. the Sinclair can has paint loss at the bottom. All cans are empty . I will do a deal on all. Prices shipped to the lower 48 states. PM with questions. Payment by paypal (Buyer pays the fees) Or money order. Thanks for looking. Dino

93 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 12:43 PM Shell cans by ROCCO2

three shell cans all full $23.00 shipped
thanks

rock

164 Views · 2 Comments
Today at 12:13 PM Shell Kerosene Flange Sign by BryceG

Rare Shell Kerosene double sided painted metal flange sign. Difficult to find in good condition. One side in very good condition and other side has a little bit more wear but still pretty good. Can provide more information, details, and/or pictures by request... just PM me.

$1250

207 Views · 1 Comments
Today at 12:12 PM BLUE MOBIL CANS by MORE RUST

What years did MOBIL use the blue oil cans with the red Pegasus?

Jim

55 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 12:07 PM Paying it Forward! by K W FRITH

I really believe in the concept of "Paying it Forward", and within the gas & oil collectibles hobby, I have tried to do as many good deeds for others as I can. Sometimes it has been a tip on where to find a special sign they are looking for, sometimes its been a tip on a smoking hot deal on a gas pump, and sometimes I have sent something to another collector, simply because I thought they should have it.
In turn, I have received many of the same things back from others, not return favors, but brand new unexpected things from friends and strangers alike! Some things were small favors and others were BIG favors, and every once in a while, I will receive a small gift from someone, simply because they thought I needed it!

WELL, THIS PAST WEEK HAS COMPLETELY ASTONISHED ME!

First off, I received a message from Kelly Callison. She and her dad, Dave, use the handle "Warriorgas" here on Old Gas. She needed my address because she had just chanced upon something she wanted to send to me. My curiosity was instantly piqued, and I started watching for this item to show up in the mail. When it arrived, it brought back a flood of memories from my past! It was a liscense topper from the Schommer Nash dealership here in Devils Lake. I don't ever remember being inside their dealership, but I remember their body shop very well and was frequently over there, as I was fascinated by auto body repair. I even got to know a couple of the Schommer brothers fairly well! What wonderful time, remembering those moments from a time long ago! Kelly had made the week for me with a simple gesture on her part, that was an act of total thoughtfulness!

FAST FORWARD TO TODAY!

I often receive things in the mail from ebay, or an Old Gas member, so when a package arrived on Saturday, I didn't think anything of it, just assuming that it was another small item I had purchased. The package sat in my entryway for the rest of the weekend, and I grabbed it today and took it out to the shop to open it and check the condition.
When I got it open, there was a note inside from Tom Hilliker (nochevys), that said "this can belongs in your collection more than mine, please enjoy the can". Well I tell you---I was a bit surprised by this note and I hurridly dug into the box to see what he was talking about? To my utter amazement, inside was one of the best Cities Service Penetrating Oil cans that I had ever seen!!! I have been after one of these cans for several years and I remember losing out on one in an ebay auction that brought over $350!! Every one that I find has always been such poor condition, that I didn't want it, and they always brought WAY TOO MUCH! I couldn't believe my eyes! Here I was staring at a 9+ example that someone just sent me because they thought it was where it belonged! Talk about an act of unselfish caring about the hobby!!!
I am so truly humbled by these 2 acts of generosity, that I had to share my feelings about what these 2 people have done for me and the importance of "Paying it Forward" in this world! Whether it be within this hobby, or within your community, please find time to do some small favor for someone else, with no thought of compensation! I really believe it will make a difference in this busy world of ours, and for some unexplained reason--- it seems to come back to you tenfold!
My sincere thanks to Tom and Kelly! May your rewards in life be greater than you can ever imagine! God Bless you!

305 Views · 10 Comments
Petro Recent Posts
BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 23rd - 29th, 2015
by coltex
Tue Mar 31 2015 09:57 PM
Unusual Hayes Clockface Pump
by bsplichal95
Tue Mar 31 2015 09:51 PM
Paying it Forward!
by bsplichal95
Tue Mar 31 2015 09:47 PM
Gilbarco Model 96 door