Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Shop Talk
Forum List
All Recent Posts
Petro Auctions Now
Google within Oldgas.com
How to Register
More "How To" Help
Who's Online
99 registered (J, Micieli, Bass Master, Nucky, Lucky Dog, MATT ALVAREZ, upsgaspumps, hemistudegasser, cancollector, SandPCollector, highoctane93, Newpumpguy71, mrcavalcade, henlovestoys, Stu K., Huskerscott, newguy, hotroddeuce, mcguffeyd1, Bob Richards, ninjarobert, rlovin871, r49th, SeinfeldKramer, Awd, Bluefox, huskybob, pickurt, Bill jr, intagas, Robert's Relics, 77859charliey, Chryco, 1965CHPCSP, JimT, SKomatinsky, Proud_Dad, mikey, petropumps, gaspumpfrank, essco, carolinaskies, allnickcats, codeplus, TheGriffin, junknjohn, moparjess, DWSheffer, Rjhart123, Sinclair Dino, Oilcanman87, Young's Union, Wes Maxwell, archer2, takitez, Dawron, pgerald, PETRO NUT, Nubbers123, Cold Pizza, Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave, PlainBroke, gbates, Tunk-Z28, Keystone Gas Man, Let er' Buck, Daveb, Tankar, LOWright, Leverhead, Savinsam, hillsideshortleg, Recycle68, Koby, Dewdude, Mytime, clrk217john, mavericks8371, Craig Osbeck, Blair Underwood, Jamie P, kentjay56, Catauladave, 1qtlow, cannonball, Adam2130, otisbagotis, oltoydoc@vintagegas.com, Barage, floridabob, 48chief, hancock-oil, K W FRITH, 7 invisible), 377 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome New Members
Yup I'm New
by mfontes
Sat Feb 13 2016 02:18 PM
New member from northern Ontario
by Highway68
Wed Feb 10 2016 08:32 PM
New guy
by Wizard47
Thu Feb 04 2016 09:28 AM
by davidlc
Tue Feb 02 2016 10:17 PM
rotating globe motor kit
by Gus
Mon Feb 01 2016 08:16 AM
Newest Members
Tony21361, rlovin871, mfontes, Service oil co., RunningRat
17067 Registered Users
4 minutes 24 seconds ago koolmotor sign by hemistudegasser

looking to buy the 24 inch version koolmotor sign either the round or the clover. in condition of 8 or better. thanks

0 Views · 0 Comments
42 minutes 40 seconds ago Fry 17 5 Gallon with original Cylinder by Rjhart123

Great old fry 5 gallon missing one lower cover and handle asking 4200 has a good original cylinder as well. Call or text for info and more pics 5135436656

29 Views · 0 Comments
57 minutes 53 seconds ago Sav'n Sams and Royale pp by Nubbers123

Still looking for these pump plates. Several things working but would like to talk if you have these.
See post on my Ford, GMC and also have Golden West dark blue mountains - and $$.

15 Views · 1 Comments
59 minutes 28 seconds ago Citgo Lighted Sign by PlainBroke

Excellent condition - ready to hang.

Front panel is Lexan.

No cracks, scratches or fading.

The white in the middle of the trapazoid is glare from ceiling lights.

$375 - can deliver to Peotone.

PM if interested - Thanks!

32 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 10:33 AM Gas Globe CD, First Edition. As-New Condtion. by Jolly-John

I have the first edition (2012) of the Gas Globe Guide CD available. It is in "as new" condition, and comes in the original case. This searchable CD has color photos of about 5,200 gas globes, including a rarity guide, original globe body type, and value information that was current at the time of publication.

There is also gas and oil company history shown for many hundreds of brands. There is just a ton of info on this CD. As I mentioned, the CD is searchable. Let's say you are considering a White Flash globe, and you didn't know this was an Atlantic brand. You can just type "White Flash" in the CD search box, and it will take you right to the White Flash globes in the Atlantic section.

The second edition (2016) of this CD is now out, and does include even more globes that have been "found" since 2012. However, this 2012 CD should still be a valuable resource for someone just getting interested in gas globes, or for the more general gas/oil collector. I've tried to price this CD accordingly.

The price is just $23, plus $5 for U.S.P.S. Media Mail shipping in a protective box. Thanks for looking. John

33 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 10:26 AM Fry (Guarantee Measure) Speedboy Model 70 info by rlovin871

Hi, Guys. I am a new member that just found your website! I have a Guarantee Measure (Fry) Speedboy Model 70 visible gas pump that I am going to restore. It has been in my family for over 40 years. My mom and dad brought it home in the early 70's and my dad (an electrician) turned it into a yard light in the backyard ! Best I remember, they bought 2 pumps (used 1 for parts) for $15 total from the owners of a closed country gas station. Anyway, I have the pump now and am planning on restoring it. I've looked on the internet, but so far I haven't found too much information about the Model 70, only that it was made in 1928. I haven't been able to find many parts for it. Any information about the Model would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

35 Views · 2 Comments
Today at 08:14 AM Wayne 70 by PlainBroke

Straight pump - has a few rust pin holes on bottom sides and doors but nothing too serious.

Face plate glass intact - sight glass/spinner and ad glass need replaced.

Lower pump unit has not been removed.

$875 - PM if interested - Thanks!

173 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 10:31 PM Sumpter County FL. Fairgrounds car show , pictures by 60wayne

Was at the fairgrounds for a car show yesterday Feb.12th and today the 13th.. There is still tomorrow but I am gone. Here are a few pictures from the show.

145 Views · 11 Comments
Yesterday at 07:18 PM Rebel Gas and Soda Show , pictures by 60wayne

There was a show called Rebel Gas and Soda in Starke Fl. yesterday Feb.12 and today the 13th. I went to the show on Friday afternoon and took a few pictures. I enjoyed the show, on Friday there were about a dozen dealers set up in spite of the high winds. {Not good for a sign show} The promoter had quite an impressive collection of pole signs and out buildings covered in signs. Many things changed hands, I bought a few things as well. It was nice to see other friends and hangout for awhile.
Lots of room for this show expand and grow.

286 Views · 27 Comments
Yesterday at 06:47 PM GULF Oil Collectibles Book. By Charles Whitworth by Jolly-John

This is the premier GULF Oil Collectibles book. It was written by GULF super collector, Charles Whitworth. It is filled with all color photos. I bought this book new, and it's been in our non-smoking home ever since. It is in "AS-NEW" condition. The book is 8-1/2" by 11". It has 146 pages, and is printed on glossy paper, so the photos show great detail.

You will absolutely not believe some of the GULF goodies shown in the book...quite a few obscure items are shown. This GULF book uses large, high quality color photos throughout. It starts with a GULF Oil history, and then moves on to collectible Gulf items, like cans, signs, clothing, station givaways, salesman's pieces, corporate-only items, and just about anything GULF you can imagine. Every photo has a detailed description of what is pictured. This was an expensive book, when initially published.

The price for this "as-new" GULF Oil Collectibles book I have available is $25, plus $5.50 U.S.P.S. Media Mail shipping. Your personal check or a money order are welcomed. Thanks for looking. John

115 Views · 3 Comments
Petro Recent Posts
koolmotor sign
by hemistudegasser
Sun Feb 14 2016 12:40 PM
Ad glass swap
by MATT ALVAREZ
Sun Feb 14 2016 12:31 PM
Rebel Gas and Soda Show , pictures
by Lastgas15
Sun Feb 14 2016 12:25 PM
Crown Gasoline Gas Globe Lenses
by SeinfeldKramer
Sun Feb 14 2016 12:24 PM
Fry 17 5 Gallon with original Cylinder
by Rjhart123
Sun Feb 14 2016 12:02 PM
Sav'n Sams and Royale pp
by advertologist
Sun Feb 14 2016 11:50 AM
Citgo Lighted Sign
by PlainBroke
Sun Feb 14 2016 11:45 AM
Fry (Guarantee Measure) Speedboy Model 70 info
by rlovin871
Sun Feb 14 2016 11:43 AM
general ethyl lens
by advertologist
Sun Feb 14 2016 11:35 AM
Sumpter County FL. Fairgrounds car show , pictures
by Savinsam
Sun Feb 14 2016 11:25 AM
What do these fit?
by Daveb
Sun Feb 14 2016 11:07 AM
Gas Globe CD, First Edition. As-New Condtion.
by Jolly-John
Sun Feb 14 2016 10:33 AM
Gas Station Albums
More like this
foxhead_ob.jpg

foxhead_ob.jpg

Petro Sign Gallery
sinclair 16"
Rocket motor oil
Porcelain Goodyear Motorcycle Tires Flange
Gas Pump Gallery
Fry 117 visible gas pump