Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Shop Talk
Forum List
All Recent Posts
Search in Existing Messages
Google within Oldgas.com
Register New User
"How To" Help
Who's Online
169 registered (s10truck, olddutchgas, HoneyBearFarm, Iceman, oldpumper, TC, Sinclair Dino, Wes Maxwell, JimT, Tankar, Scott Shipers, frankpl, farmsigns, Jay Leeper, Catauladave, Bluefox, eshaver, s932, otisbagotis, minuteman, 47reotravis, Tbirdgas, herns, JGD, poleman, Gas stuff.com, aquatic, nam5072, Mark Carlisle, jbrooks, Yellow57, oldnfuelish, dundign, moore798, DWSheffer, 57CameoGuy, PETRO NUT, shaun, Bob Richards, dalin, JW32, Chance, tikiranch, indiananationals, Metro69, ponyboy79, pickurt, G & B T-179, SKomatinsky, J D Garman, lubeoilman, MDQG, tennesseepickers, J.E.Radebaugh, sellersrodshop, AZ_66_Native, Fiddy, richlube, Canadiandiesel, gbates, ROCCO2, BryceG, Chris Farmer, johnson gas, st.rod, 983jeremy, 89sheepdog, HI-OCTANE, hemigolf2009, Dave Richey, Cabingal, Hawkestone, ironheadtom, dodgeman60, Hardy's Garage, carolinaskies, Gasman84470, Invader Todd, Mike M., BlkAngus, Dr Dave, neatoldstuff, Craig Osbeck, nextxgas, highoctane93, trifiver, oilcanman1, big blazer, Overworkeddad, hotcidr, r-man, Newpumpguy71, Maps for the memories, belair57, cig31, thermoman, hawkike, Man-Cave-Shoppe, Robert's Relics, Brandogas85, gaspumpfrank, BIGFOOT, sandman325, gaspumpg, gameon, marky, huskybob, JOSBORN, nzoil, Mike's Mantiques, bagged1961, 77859charliey, Steve C., JUNK KING, 60 Parkwood, Goober's Station, Scott Williams, Oilcanman87, bkcraun, EJ396, Wes Hague, Mr.Wadhams, pipes, Jack R, Keystone Gas Man, wfort39663, Esse's Garage, wolf1980, hotroddeuce, Old Racer, jrsironworks, Tunk-Z28, clint, MATT ALVAREZ, Mike Ripp, katfsh, TILLER, David Montailbo, Jamie P, Proud_Dad, Brian Sobecki, Shotzy13, NateS, Rhodes Relics, standard of Nebr, dempsey, K W FRITH, SOUTHFLORIDAGAS, tractor12, nmgasman, Showcase, full-o-gas, Nubbers123, H1HUMMER, LC 336, ricesrides, junknjohn, Oldgas, erp7777, mr ford, SODAMAMAK, 8 invisible), 465 Guests and 61 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
eBay Auction Links
More like this
Newest Members
Cabingal, 89sheepdog, olderthandirt, LMR, Tenalquot
15340 Registered Users
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
1 minute 49 seconds ago Quart Oil Cans $85 each shipped by Scott Shipers

$85 each shipped. Bottom row no tops. US only.

0 Views · 0 Comments
24 minutes 56 seconds ago Quart Oil Cans $50 each shipped by Scott Shipers

All of these quarts are empty with original top and bottom.

US shipping only.

All forms of payment accepted. Please no offers.

44 Views · 1 Comments
28 minutes 16 seconds ago Gulf Cards Honored DSP by Sinclair Dino

Hello, Here is a Gulf Cards Honored DSP 18" By 12". Nice Bullet Dents. Good Barn Hanger. PM with questions. Price 125.00 Shipped to the lower 48 states. Payment by pay pal or money order. Thanks for looking Dino

44 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 07:21 PM Every sign has a story in Old Gas Land by Wes Maxwell

I enjoy the stories on Old Gas about the road trips to get a load of pumps or the background on a new found sign. T Buckles and Kevin can spin a good yarn about their recent finds. It lets others sort of take part in the Thrill of the Hunt. I got this United States Tires sign about five years ago from my brother. It is not a Sinclair sign that I normally collect but it has great color, shine/ gloss to it with heavy shelving. There is also a vertical version of this sign. This signs story, as I recall it...

My brother has a friend that is a fellow collector. He knew a guy that had a "Shed made of signs". I think we all heard stories like this before and a lot of time, that's all they are, stories. Supposedly, back in the day when the Beach Company was making porcelain signs, they had a pile out back that were seconds, overruns or not sold for what ever reason. The story also goes that it was cheaper to sell the signs to the local farmers than it would be to try to remove the porcelain and reuse the metal. The farmers would then use the signs to patch a hole in the barn or fix a fence or any of a hundred other uses for cheap metal during the depression era. This sign supposedly was on the roof of the "Shed made of signs" until the wind blew it off back when. My brothers friend gave they guy $50 for it and he then kept it several years until my brother bought it. I then bought it from him.

The letters are actually deep blue but the camera flash changed the colors. My brother and his friend both said they saw this shed of signs but the owner all of a sudden got an attitude and would not sell any more. My brother would go by about once a year to check up and keep his name on the list for the day the guy decided to sell. I got a nice sign out of the deal and it has an interesting story to go with it.

127 Views · 11 Comments
Today at 06:01 PM M & S 65 base by jbrooks

I have a lead on a M & S 65 but I just found out the base is missing. Does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,
Jonathan

33 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 03:34 PM ANY QUALITY ADVERTISING THERMOS GOING TO CARLISLE by thermoman

Will be at spring Carlisle next week. Looking to buy desirable advertising thermometers. Looking for the harder to find pieces. Prefer gas n oil.....but any subject matter ok. Here is some of my personal collection.

Thanks Charles
302-275-1237

37 Views · 1 Comments
Today at 12:34 PM Look what I found on a 30's bicycle mudflap! by carolinaskies

Never pass up a vintage skip tooth bike, you never know what you'll find attached!

263 Views · 10 Comments
Today at 08:43 AM Firestone Sign Before and After by bowserman

I picked this firestone sign up at an estate sale. The price was right so I figured I would go ahead and try to clean the paint off. I have never cleaned a painted sign before only porcelain, so I was a little worried.

Before

317 Views · 10 Comments
Today at 08:29 AM Need Glass Cylinder for Tokheim Visible Pump by Mac

My friend Aaron just bought a Tokheim visible pump and is looking for a nice glass cylinder and 2 gallon markers. He thinks the cylinder should be 12" X 27". If anyone has one for sale, please let me know and I will have him get in contact with you. He thinks it is a Tokheim 600 series visible, maybe 620?

Thanks in advance.
Mac

28 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 08:10 AM A-38 Globe Mount by hancock-oil

Who makes the Best Repo A-38 Globe Mount or anybody have an Original for sale????(with or without stainless lid) Thanks Jim

60 Views · 1 Comments
Petro Recent Posts
Every sign has a story in Old Gas Land
by moore798
14 minutes 31 seconds ago
Quart Oil Cans $50 each shipped
by Scott Shipers
17 minutes 6 seconds ago
Eco Islander base covers
by ROCCO2
18 minutes 24 seconds ago
Gulf Cards Honored DSP
by Sinclair Dino
26 minutes 16 seconds ago
Texaco Banjo Pole
by Newpumpguy71
44 minutes 21 seconds ago
6 Foot Rebel Sign
by nam5072
44 minutes 31 seconds ago
Rare Du-Pont Authorized Service Station Sign!
by carolinaskies
54 minutes 33 seconds ago
Cosden Cop
by Tbirdgas
56 minutes 50 seconds ago
Firestone Sign Before and After
by nam5072
Today at 07:40 PM
OLD Gas Station Sign Lights - Style #2
by Old Racer
Today at 07:24 PM
website that helps you spot a fake sign