Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Shop Talk
Forum List
All Recent Posts
Petro Auctions Now
Google within Oldgas.com
How to Register
More "How To" Help
Who's Online
57 registered (veltex, TheHorse13, petropumps, ROCCO2, Garagetrim, minuteman, Done4, Ryan Underthun, herns, Savinsam, Gas Junkie, bennett_646, pickurt, Adam2130, frankpl, The Rip, TonyG., 4GAS&OIL, hornsrus, Paul Bell, Jason K, gaspumpg, J, Micieli, Koby, Goober's Station, richlube, puregas, LOWright, Loves Cars, 57-Chevy, RedHat, PetroPlus, bigandtall, A P Ogle, Gasman84470, gatorgaspumps, huskybob, Lappin864, Gassman, Howardstibel, Konnor Splichal, Blackout, Don Beaver, Tankar, K W FRITH, PlainBroke, BryceG, Metro69, Greg Michigan, buzzy56, essco, coopersplace, GHH, chevy3535, 3 invisible), 188 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome New Members
by ljbargains
Tue Sep 19 2017 01:52 PM
by jruscher
Mon Sep 18 2017 07:37 PM
by bullsvt9313
Mon Sep 18 2017 05:16 PM
Gas and oil Lease signs, Whats the attraction?
by kris1961apache
Tue Sep 12 2017 10:14 AM
from Belgium, passionated about corvette & old garage
by Mathieu
Tue Sep 12 2017 02:16 AM
Newest Members
Justin Floyd, ljbargains, jruscher, bullsvt9313, Loves Cars
18395 Registered Users
50 minutes 32 seconds ago Old Sinclair stickers? by Savinsam

I've had a big stack of these Dino stickers (don't stick anymore) for many years. Just wondering where they would have been used?

8 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 09:17 AM Ace High globe by K W FRITH

Super nice Ace High globe lenses on the original gill body. I believe this globe to be NOS, as it is absolutely immaculate! I have owned it for at least 10 years and have enjoyed the heck out of it. Both lenses are immaculate so I'm only posting the one because I didn't want to remove it from its perch to photo the back side.
Price is $1500 and I will deliver this globe to Peotone in October.--Thanks--KEVIN

67 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 09:09 AM Husky globe by K W FRITH

I have owned this globe for several years and its time to move it on! Both lenses are immaculate and the frame is in excellent shape. Both sides are pictured here for you. I will take $4000 for the globe and deliver it to Peotone this October. Price is firm. Thanks--KEVIN

86 Views · 1 Comments
Today at 02:26 AM Apology due promotors Dry Creek/Susan Moore show by puregas

I received a PM last night asking me why I was trying to "run down" the Susan Moore show on this forum? I don't feel that anything I stated was "my trying to run the show down". If it was perceived that way, then I sincerely apologize to anyone who might have been offended but especially to James and Ivan.
I stated that I had told James two weeks ago at Dixie Gas that I felt that their show is just too soon after Dixie, "IN MY OPINION!" I stated that I believe the show would benefit from a change in date of the show, again, "MY OPINION!". I also stated that I hoped there's a good turnout.
I was also asked in the PM if the Indy Ad show is more than two weeks after Dixie Gas? Then I was told that it has nothing to do with the two week period between shows. Well, again, "MY OPINION", but I believe it has everything to do with the two week period between shows. I don't believe vendors have enough time to find new merchandise after two weeks time. I believe the buying public feels that with the exception of a few new vendors that they will have already seen the merchandise of the vendors two weeks ago. Also, its expensive to go to back to back shows so one will ask themselves, "will it be worth it for me to go to this show?". There are some people, both vendors and the public that live further south that may come to Susan Moore but not Dixie, but overall, since most people have to pick and choose, most people are going to choose a larger, well established show. It also gets back to the fact that not everyone can take off and go to the numerous shows that are out there.
The Indy Ad show has also always drawn a different crowd of people that generally didn't effect the Alabama show. While the Indy Ad show has not always hit on the same weekend as the Dry Creek/Susan Moore show in the past, never before has there been an ad show, a gas and oil show, a general antique show and an auction, all in one venue.
So, IF,"it has nothing to do with the two week period between shows", then what is it??
Again, if I offended anyone, I apologize! As I said earlier, this was just my opinion and I guess I should have kept it to myself! I'm always amazed at how many hits posts on Old Gas get but people hardly post anything anymore. Not hard to understand why. Again, "IN MY OPINION!".
Pat

136 Views · 3 Comments
Yesterday at 09:54 PM G&B 105 Double Visi Pump by Konnor Splichal

Finally after two months of going back and forth on trying to figure out how to get it, but it is finally home. It is a G&B 105 double visi pump. I know that it is rusty but it is fine for me. Nothing cooler that the double visi's below the clock mechanisms. I finally have a pump that competes with my brothers. NFS!! Thanks and enjoy the pictures!

82 Views · 4 Comments
Yesterday at 07:41 PM 1941 Tidewater Safe Driver Award by pumpingethyl

Nice 1 year safe driver pin from 1941...$22 shipped

49 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 07:38 PM 1939 Gulf Sales Award Pin by pumpingethyl

Nice award pin...$28 shipped

38 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 07:23 PM Derby DOC Safety Award by pumpingethyl

Nice pin with threaded stud on back...$28 shipped

38 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 05:16 PM Recommend keeping eye on seller "da_cubbyhole" by RedHat

Just came across three items using photos of items from Morphys upcoming auction...Richfield Globe, X-Liquid cans and sign and a Mobiloil Wadhams can. I will attach a photo to show what I mean.

197 Views · 8 Comments
Yesterday at 04:58 PM Mobilgas Tokhiem 36B ? by shavron

I'm restoring a Tokheim 36B pump. It was painted blue all over. I was originally thinking of doing it over as a Texaco pump. I have there airplane banks and stuff. When I started to scrape off the Blue over the ad glass there were Mobilgas Special. So now I'm thinking is the pump was Mobilgas to keep that way. Now I started looking for images of old Mobilgas Tokhiem 36B pumps and are very few if any. So the question is did Mobilgas use Tokheim?
Is this from gas gas station that was bought out and changed.
Any Mobilgas guys out there to shed some light?, and as a general poll. Through your two cents in... Texaco or Mobilgas.

169 Views · 6 Comments
Petro Recent Posts
Anyone know anything about Tecopp?
by TheHorse13
Thu Sep 21 2017 10:33 AM
Old Sinclair stickers?
by Savinsam
Thu Sep 21 2017 10:12 AM
Apology due promotors Dry Creek/Susan Moore show
by gulfiend!
Thu Sep 21 2017 09:57 AM
Husky globe
by veltex
Thu Sep 21 2017 09:38 AM
Bennett sir meter in original Bennett box value???
by K W FRITH
Thu Sep 21 2017 09:28 AM
Ace High globe
by K W FRITH
Thu Sep 21 2017 09:17 AM
N.O.S. Masters Oil Bottles
by PlainBroke
Thu Sep 21 2017 09:07 AM
Mobilgas Tokhiem 36B ?
by K W FRITH
Thu Sep 21 2017 08:50 AM
Recommend keeping eye on seller "da_cubbyhole"