Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Shop Talk
Forum List
All Recent Posts
Search in Existing Messages
Google within Oldgas.com
Register New User
"How To" Help
Who's Online
143 registered (CDN67427, Dave Richey, Scott Shipers, Fasturn402, KD Gas, Catauladave, It's for sale, wheels29, Metro69, gatorgaspumps, big blazer, oldsarge, gaspumpfrank, derailer, 42packard, SOUTHFLORIDAGAS, Brian Sobecki, Wes Maxwell, Brandogas85, 72Scamp, Borno, hri_2008, archer2, danlap99, ALSS72, Dr Dave, herns, nam5072, intagas, babybull, Sinclair Dino, tomzcollectiblez, ironheadtom, TheGriffin, Wes Hague, Dead Road, db_cooper, Oldgas, gaspumpg, cig31, PlainBroke, Robert's Relics, moparjess, st.rod, 31ford, garagejunkie, Steve C., dundign, hawkike, 1937 GMC, fairlane_2, bppierce, MDQG, ward zaharia, oldoil, Shotzy13, buzzy56, oilcanman1, Mr.Wadhams, G & B T-179, NateS, Overworkeddad, pickurt, Maxgas, Yellow57, Perdue31, Terminator, gaspumpdon, sandman325, H1HUMMER, JW32, 66Ford, dane421, Done4, Iowa99, SWABBY, Oilcanman87, Keystone Gas Man, Recycle68, Tab, rbonitz, Bluefox, eshaver, Hemibird, Fiddy, sanbo72, Texas Dave, okoil1, Alex Dragone, Jay Leeper, gmstuff, Rental Cars, pasngas, Scott Williams, ETK, screamin flea, grabber, elsinore6, Derbygasman, GASandOIL, 1PetroFan, Craig Osbeck, Stevo, thermoman, Maps for the memories, Mustang_MJ, oilmanpat, indiananationals, JUNK KING, slyle133, s932, Dean Castellano, Old Racer, TeeTee, rodder1, redlion, 1Roman, Tankar, farmboy70, carolinaskies, BIGFOOT, oldpumper, RARIN TO GO, mikecips, RSnow, ryanfair, Esse's Garage, oillease55, gasmansgp, Vermonter, scottpcm, jbrooks, otisbagotis, mattthegasman, Aaron36, Loyd Pierce, 7 invisible), 305 Guests and 78 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
eBay Auction Links
More like this
Newest Members
Alex Dragone, Cabingal, 89sheepdog, olderthandirt, LMR
15341 Registered Users
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
11 minutes 58 seconds ago Replica Texaco Station by hri_2008

The replica Texaco station down the street from my house has been sold and is going to be demolished. The antique store next door bought many of the contents including the car from the roof.

13 Views · 0 Comments
21 minutes 23 seconds ago G&B pipe fitting by 31ford

I have seen on a number older G&B pumps and gas carts, a fitting that has an embossed G&B on it. They appear on the vertical pipes and look like they are where the hose would drop down. Anyone have a decent one for sale?

8 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 01:38 AM Researching, need help identifying '31 gas station by JukeboxJerry

We have a picture of a postcard with a Red Crown / Polarine gas station on it. It's postmarked "Peoria, Ill, Feb. 1932" and the Station / Bar-B-Q place is called the Tumble Inn. We're all from Peoria, and we can't figure out where the Tumble Inn was located. Any help ? Thanks, JukeboxJerry
http://oldgas.com/util5701/main.php?g2_v..._serialNumber=1

104 Views · 3 Comments
Today at 12:05 AM 1937 AC Spark Plugs sign by bkcraun

One of the nicer ones. $500 plus shipping. Trades considered as well.

173 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 11:42 PM Texaco Leaded Glass Globe by Iowa99

I bought this at a local auction last evening,dirty, but a survivor from the ladies parents station across the street from her home. The station had been Phillips, Texaco and I don't know how many other brands in the early 1900's. Also picked up a map holder which I think is Texaco, but no markings, paint on back a dark green like Texaco used. Wondered what fit in the small pocket on bottom of holder. I have driven past that place since 1958, and never dreamt such items were waiting for discovery. Raymond

182 Views · 7 Comments
Yesterday at 08:45 PM Quart Oil Cans $85 each shipped by Scott Shipers

$85 each shipped. Bottom row no tops. US only.

200 Views · 3 Comments
Yesterday at 08:22 PM Quart Oil Cans $50 each shipped by Scott Shipers

All of these quarts are empty with original top and bottom.

US shipping only.

All forms of payment accepted. Please no offers.

201 Views · 2 Comments
Yesterday at 08:19 PM Gulf Cards Honored DSP by Sinclair Dino

Hello, Here is a Gulf Cards Honored DSP 18" By 12". Nice Bullet Dents. Good Barn Hanger. PM with questions. Price 125.00 Shipped to the lower 48 states. Payment by pay pal or money order. Thanks for looking Dino

129 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 07:21 PM Every sign has a story in Old Gas Land by Wes Maxwell

I enjoy the stories on Old Gas about the road trips to get a load of pumps or the background on a new found sign. T Buckles and Kevin can spin a good yarn about their recent finds. It lets others sort of take part in the Thrill of the Hunt. I got this United States Tires sign about five years ago from my brother. It is not a Sinclair sign that I normally collect but it has great color, shine/ gloss to it with heavy shelving. There is also a vertical version of this sign. This signs story, as I recall it...

My brother has a friend that is a fellow collector. He knew a guy that had a "Shed made of signs". I think we all heard stories like this before and a lot of time, that's all they are, stories. Supposedly, back in the day when the Beach Company was making porcelain signs, they had a pile out back that were seconds, overruns or not sold for what ever reason. The story also goes that it was cheaper to sell the signs to the local farmers than it would be to try to remove the porcelain and reuse the metal. The farmers would then use the signs to patch a hole in the barn or fix a fence or any of a hundred other uses for cheap metal during the depression era. This sign supposedly was on the roof of the "Shed made of signs" until the wind blew it off back when. My brothers friend gave they guy $50 for it and he then kept it several years until my brother bought it. I then bought it from him.

The letters are actually deep blue but the camera flash changed the colors. My brother and his friend both said they saw this shed of signs but the owner all of a sudden got an attitude and would not sell any more. My brother would go by about once a year to check up and keep his name on the list for the day the guy decided to sell. I got a nice sign out of the deal and it has an interesting story to go with it.

573 Views · 35 Comments
Yesterday at 06:01 PM M & S 65 base by jbrooks

I have a lead on a M & S 65 but I just found out the base is missing. Does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,
Jonathan

50 Views · 0 Comments
Petro Recent Posts
Texaco Leaded Glass Globe
by gatorgaspumps
2 minutes 22 seconds ago
Looking for 900 seies Gilbarco reset handle bezel
by oldsarge
10 minutes 39 seconds ago
Quart Oil Cans $50 each shipped
by Scott Shipers