Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Shop Talk
Forum List
All Recent Posts
Petro Auctions Now
Google within Oldgas.com
How to Register
More "How To" Help
Who's Online
61 registered (JGD, nuts66, marky, ryanfair, LC 336, poleman, bam-it, Fasturn402, ROCCO2, hotroddeuce, Mikegoe, Cold Pizza, LOWright, Petro 2013, Restoration-1, TheGriffin, Jwsloop19, Newpumpguy71, LSx, ed1966ss, VEEDOL_AL1, MTO3101, Keystone Gas Man, Wes Maxwell, 72Scamp, H1HUMMER, SKomatinsky, hancock-oil, codeplus, pasngas, dgklink, nochevys, olddutchgas, TLueders, wolf1980, vwbusjukie, CDN67427, ABCTrip, Sinclair Dino, Big B1, warriorgas, rrogers, Mattgas, krupp13, BobbyT, Stu K., old&rusty, jrsironworks, sandman325, SandPCollector, Nucky, s10truck, gasmansgp, huskybob, jmac2043, mrcavalcade, JimT, 4 invisible), 157 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome New Members
New member from Wisconsin
by vettfanatic
Thu Oct 08 2015 03:35 PM
New Member from Texas
by T Mc
Tue Oct 06 2015 10:32 PM
New Member from the North East
by bigredmf
Tue Oct 06 2015 05:20 PM
New member from Lebanon Tn
by MTO3101
Mon Oct 05 2015 05:58 PM
New from Jacksonville Florida
by don carlson
Fri Oct 02 2015 09:55 PM
Newest Members
carnutcraig, merdock, newguyfromdcny, Wuilliams Rios, Rocky
16763 Registered Users
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Today at 03:57 AM 13.5" vs 15" capco by Steve C.

According to the globe CD, Sunoco only used 15" globes in metal frames. At least that is all that is depicted on the CD. And going through all 439 archived Sunoco pics that I have, never do I see a capco style frame.
The CD also mentions that in the process of transitioning to these style pumps (it says the wayne blend pumps. I'm not sure this is a blend pump, but it hopefully makes my point), they also eliminated globes on their pumps. On page 7 of the CD it states that the Sunoco never used plastic globe frames.
So although I've never seen an authentic picture of one of these style pumps with a globe on it, I've seen enough of them reconditioned like this one, with capco's, to make me think that there were some of these that used capco style frames.
Is that a wrong thought and is every pump that is reconditioned with a globe like this one in error? And the builder wrongfully added the globe mount?

My question is, are there 15" capco's (and I don't mean repops) or did Sunoco have 13.5" lenses during this time period? Or did this style pump/globe combination never exist?

Also, if anyone is in possession of a Sunoco picture of any of these style pumps with a globe on it, I would appreciate it if you would email me a copy. (see profile for address).

24 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 10:57 PM Large Red Crown sign. by Toys4Fun

This old photo was in the local paper archives. And I was wondering about that large Red Crown sign if it is wood or something else? Anyone have a photo of one or some insight on it? Thanks Les.

37 Views · 1 Comments
Yesterday at 08:21 PM Gas & Oil Memorabilia Estate Auction by Rich Trice

We have a great auction coming up on Oct. 24, 2015 in Greensboro, Maryland we are selling a collection of oil, gas and ford memorabilia items.

Here is a link to the auction and we are offering online bidding as well.

69 Views · 1 Comments
Yesterday at 08:03 PM Pennzoil Curb Sign by Iceman

Interested in an oval Pennz sign to fit my stamped curb base.

45 Views · 1 Comments
Yesterday at 07:57 PM Man, this hobby can be painful! by Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave

Here is the 4th load home but still on the trailer waiting for my boys and I to off load it.
It's a Ray F. Becker 1940s metal 3 bay service station building made in Portland and was a Richfield station on East Sprague in Spokane Valley where a Pawn 1 building is now.
Taken down bolt by bolt and piece by piece about 25 yrs ago.
This last load is the heaviest so far and I need a loader or boom and longer more heavy duty of a trailer for the other beams!
They are substantially heavier than these beams on this load.
Take care and drive/ride safe!

157 Views · 1 Comments
Yesterday at 07:43 PM Globe Gasoline Cloth w/ Logo, NOS by coltex

Here is an NOS, dusting/washing cloth in the original paper from Globe Oil Co., McPherson, KS. The son of one of the original owners used to frequent my business in Colorado. I got these from him. I wished he would have had a stack of NOS signs. LOL.

Anyway, they measure 6" X 9" folded up; 18" X 18" unfolded. What a great logo.

$ 14.00 shipped to the lower 48. I sell in order of PM received.

92 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 07:25 PM Making a Bennett 966 to visually work by ed1966ss

I've been working on a design to have the Bennett 966 pump I'm restoring to visually work as it did when in service. Here is the progress as of today.

The lights will be activated via the push/pull handle on the side cover. I'll use LED bulbs so the power draw will be minimal. All wiring and porcelain sockets were replaced and wiring is routed through the rigid conduit that was original to the pump.

To enable the pump dials to spin when the nozzle handle is depressed I've added a few components. These include a small AC motor, an AC/DC power supply, an Omron 12VDC relay and a small momentary switch.

98 Views · 13 Comments
Yesterday at 05:55 PM Martin & Schwartz 80 Mobilgas Script Top $6500 by Newgasman

Beautifully restored Martin and Schwartz M&S 80 Wayne 80 gas pump. Great red and white colors with Mobil signs front and back. Original steel Mobilgas script top lights up and would be a perfect addition to any garage or man cave. This is a beautiful restoration inside and out.

$6500 or best offer

Located in Southern California

213 Views · 1 Comments
Yesterday at 05:26 PM revere air water light pole by Huskerscott

Anyone have a revere catalog showing the different air water poles available? I have one with a square top and fluted bottom.

95 Views · 3 Comments

The book will be going to the printer shortly, my hope it will be available before Christmas.

The book will contain a lot of things besides pictures and value, one that I am working on is a list of visible cylinder sizes. I know there is a small list in the gas pump supply catalogs, but I want to really cover the subject, so I any of you can supply me with any information I would really appreciate it. Post it here or email me at: jhsim@petrocollect.com

Please give me your first and last names so I can acknowledge your contribution.

Jack Sim

149 Views · 3 Comments
Petro Recent Posts
Making a Bennett 966 to visually work
by ed1966ss
28 minutes 9 seconds ago
Pennzoil Curb Sign
by krupp13
Today at 05:37 AM
Bama Gas next weekend in South Alabama
by TheGriffin
Today at 05:30 AM