Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Shop Talk
Forum List
All Recent Posts
Petro Auctions Now
Google within Oldgas.com
How to Register
More "How To" Help
Who's Online
122 registered (Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave, JUNK KING, Bass Master, Ricker, big blazer, Gas stuff.com, Man Cave, Redfishangler, pumpdoc, vwlfan, tomzcollectiblez, hotroddeuce, Ken Horner, Tico man, Scott Baselt, am4tide, hawkike, MoonShine, Lappin864, Arrington, DCpate, Cold Pizza, eightyeight, gatorgaspumps, LOWright, nochevys, T-way, trifiver, bkcraun, Savinsam, ponyboy79, NvrDun, Proud_Dad, sanbo72, Dewdude, Goober's Station, DuceCpe, shaunhiggins, OniTakai, Bob Richards, Dawron, 983jeremy, texassignman, derailer, gjz30075, BryceG, Dale Stephens, wolf1980, Joe Micieli, wfort39663, Oldgas, G Jones, TheGriffin, BlkAngus, Route66Ron, 32 gas, moparjess, Steve C., luminor89, DWSheffer, Neil Gerrard, junknjohn, hotcidr, highoctane93, Keystone Gas Man, TJammer, garagejunkie, dgklink, Metro69, gaspumpfrank, coltex, danlap99, Chryco, Oilcanman87, Fasturn402, Brian Matthews, rbonitz, lubeoilman, mattthegasman, JimT, VWMIKE, Sinclair Dino, archer2, souperhigh, AntG, Ryan Underthun, eric grinder, jwood7, cak, Tob, huskybob, rah, MDQG, Petro 2013, shelibby, petro & rodz, coke_and_stuff, Andy, Coops 427, Tunk-Z28, collectsocony, scottpcm, Hardy's Garage, PlainBroke, Blue Camaro, Maxgas, goodgulf, Catauladave, JGD, tbert1, Brandogas85, K W FRITH, Rabbitman, dundign, tbuckles, Wes Hague, 6 invisible), 275 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome New Members
Boyle Dayton Pumps
by eightyeight
Today at 11:41 AM
New Member Western PA
by vwlfan
Mon Jan 26 2015 02:30 PM
Hello Everyone! I'm new & I hope to learn a ton!
by Bubba's Digs
Mon Jan 26 2015 01:33 PM
Hey there folks
by lourenso
Sun Jan 25 2015 10:22 PM
Hi. I'm a newbe
by old dog
Sun Jan 25 2015 12:32 PM
Newest Members
Dno, Lucmeeuw, eightyeight, JB2K, OniTakai
16273 Registered Users
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Today at 01:08 PM WTB Graco Manual 306434 for Model 225696 Dispenser by vwlfan

Would like to purchase a manual or any literature for a Graco Model 225696 Gear Lube Dispenser, which I purchased. I believe the Graco manual number is 306434.

Thanks - Bob

13 Views · 1 Comments
Today at 12:04 PM M&S 80 cut-out top by Goober's Station

Any suggestions on how to install the glass in these cut out tops easier? The guy who did all my glass work passed away. I know he used a special tool with a small hook on the end. Should I bond the rubber to the top first then put the glass in after it is dried? Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is why I love Bennett pumps. Thanks Old Gassers frown

Goober

61 Views · 1 Comments
Today at 11:50 AM Gargoyle Motorcycle Oil Can by Proud_Dad

Mobiloil "B" Heavy body one gallon oil can. At the bottom it reads "especially suitable for the lubrication of motorcycle engines".
$100 OBO

97 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 11:47 AM Marine special quart oil can full by Gas globe guy

Hello all!!

Picked this up today. A little dirt on the top, and 2 dents. Can be fixed. $75 shipped. I will be getting 10 full NOS Kendal racing cans with the flags on them. Pm me if your interested.

Thanks
Noah

59 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 11:04 AM STOLEN Johnson signs in Cleveland, OK by DCpate

Some here may have dealt with Carl Davis from Cleveland, OK. He was 90+ years old and was quite the accumulator in this part of the country. Here's an article concerning Mr. Davis:

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/blogs/vanderbrink-auctions-blogs/carl-davis-collection

I was going through my notebooks and thought I'd call Carl yesterday when I learned of his passing earlier this month.

Carl had 3 Johnson signs sitting on the side of his house, rescued from a refinery that was right down the road from his shop. When he pointed to to the refinery location, it was nothing but pasture...

The 3 signs were: 1.) a 48" double sided Johnson in the frame. Very distinctive because there is a softball size hit near the center of the sign that had been touched up. Otherwise, very clean. 2.) a 30" Johnson ethyl in a funky curb stand frame, condition 7-8 3.) a 30" tin ROUND Johnson sign that had a center section where you marked the gas in cents. Weird sign, have never seen another. Was faded from being outside but very legible.

I spoke with Mr. Davis' daughter who informed me the signs were there when her father collapsed and had to be taken to the hospital. Approximately 2-3 days later, after his passing, she went back to his house and someone had taken a pick-up load of stuff including the signs. She was understandably upset and heartbroken.

Please be on the look out for any of these signs! In the alternative, if you have bought any of these signs, know they are STOLEN.

Thanks for any and all help.

186 Views · 6 Comments
Today at 10:46 AM 72" Pure Sign by JeffS

72" Pure sign. As you can see from the pictures, it has been touched up in quite a few places. One side has some discoloration from these touch-ups. The sign presents very well overall. Excellent candidate for the outside of your barn/building. $900.

Thanks
Jeff

99 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 09:27 AM Gallon Markers on a Fry 5 Gallon Baseless Pump by Route66Ron

What would be the correct way to mount gallon markers to a Fry 5 gallon visible. I've seen some photos of markers attached to a cylinder rod outside the cylinder. There are no tabs inside to mount the markers, I could fabricate something though. Also what about a nozzle hanger. Trying to do it as correctly as possible. Thanks for any input. Ron

30 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 08:41 AM 'aged' repro 30" Gulf sign... by gulfiend!

...please DON'T bid through Oldgas wink

...this is one of those cheap knockoffs that has been 'aged' and is being passed off as original:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Double-Sided-Porcelain-Gulf-Sign-30-diameter-/281580487377

96 Views · 3 Comments
Yesterday at 07:07 PM Fake Signal Products sign on ebay by hotcidr

Item #291367329140. As far as I know the Signal Products sign is a truck door sign and measures 13" across, not 12"
Just saying....

113 Views · 2 Comments
Yesterday at 06:36 PM Firestone motor oil 2 gallon can by 2 Gallon Luke

Still looking for a good Firestone 2 gallon if anyone has one. Will pay VERY good money.

57 Views · 0 Comments
Petro Recent Posts
Listed these on Ebay
by Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave
2 minutes 37 seconds ago
Northeast Gas Bash Sat. 2/21/15 Orange, CT
by shaunhiggins
21 minutes 46 seconds ago
WTB Graco Manual 306434 for Model 225696 Dispenser
by Savinsam
23 minutes 51 seconds ago
BUYING TEENS TO 30'S AUTOMOTIVE TIRE POSTERS ETC