Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Petroliana Discussion
3 hours ago
I hooked the air to the meter for the 1st time and it pumps all the time. Are there any adjustment i can do so it stops doing this.
0 11 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
3 hours ago
The way the bottom two points of the star go into the text, the way the red 'settles' in to the top of the 'X'. It's a cut down 42"

The sign in question only APPEARS to have a thicker black border than 42". If you look closely and zoom in, what appears to be a black border on most of the sign, is actually bare steel. The sign in question may have been cut down 1/8" into the red, as I see NO porcelain at all within an 1/8" of the edge. If you look closely the thickest portion of black border is in the lower left near the word 'MADE' and the black still doesn't go to the edge, it is chipped there as well (approx. 1/8" from the edge). All of the black on the right side of the sign is pretty much all bare steel. In-fact most of the border is bare steel (chipped porcelain).

Your sign would have also been cut from the example on the right in my photo, because it says "REG US PAT OFF". The one on the right is the older sign from (approx.) 1929-1935, which was usually single sided, which makes sense with the sign in question (This is not always the case though - there are DSP signs before 1935). After 1935 they generally used the double-sided "REG TM".

I don't know if any of that made sense, but it is definitely a cut down 42".

And to answer your question.... definitely not worth $1300.

My 2 cents,
Steve

Here are two of mine for reference....
11 211 Read More
4 hours ago
Here is another set (Humble) that were hard to locate but not rare like the ones being shown.
28 801 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
4 hours ago
I don't think the repops fit like the original ones. Had anyone used them before?
2 63 Read More
Petroliana News
4 hours ago
Thanks Goober. I go to this show every year. See you there.

-Steve
1 48 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
4 hours ago
Looking for OEM Tokheim 34 reset. Nice original paint pump deserves better than repop reset crank. Who's got one can help me out?
0 18 Read More
4 hours ago
It’s a really hard question to answer as some plastic top oilers predate lead tops from the same company, vice versa, and some that have no rhyme or reason to when and why. I think it’s been asked a few times on the forum and there’s never been a straight answer for those reasons. Dating specific cans would probably be easier, unfortunately.
1 32 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
5 hours ago
PM sent
3 561 Read More
6 hours ago
Four oil cans and two bottles. All are full except Engine Par bottle.

Price is $85.00 for all 6 shipped to lower 48. Prefer PayPal and buyer pays fees.
0 84 Read More
6 hours ago
Price drop on this STP stand and 3 cans. $275.00 shipped to lower 48. Prefer PayPal and buyer pays fees.
1 289 Read More
6 hours ago
They fit a Bennett 76, so whatever size that might be.
7 295 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
7 hours ago
Dont have a photo but is a chicken pulley bone shape with base to fit a standard post/pipe and a round bracket at top to hold the porcelain bonnet and the hanging socket from the top. Made of light alloy material, cast and hollow to run wiring through.
thank you
Larry
2 114 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
My email is kikkinace69@gmail.com i have some I have esso s :white roses : castrol et al

2 195 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
BUMP.
1 163 Read More
Yesterday at 09:09 PM
Thank you for the information.
2 104 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
Yesterday at 08:29 PM
I was just charged a final value fee on ebay for an item that DIDNT SELL on ebay. About $190 in fees. I sold a Dr. Pepper sign on facebook that was also listed on ebay as a "BUY IT NOW", not auction. I ended the listing on ebay immediately when I sold it on facebook and ebay charged me a final value fee anyway. About a month earlier I had been contacted by someone via ebay messenger about selling off-line, which I didnt do, and they are using that as "evidence" that I might sell it in the future off-ebay.

I talked to them earlier January about this over the phone and they promised me all was fine, no charge will come. Now in February they sneek it into my bill without any info about it. Just got off the phone with them for about hour, they wont reverse the decision.

So anyway, warning to any of you who like to put your items for sale in multiple areas. Ebay is getting really crazy, be careful. I need to step back and figure out how to handle ebay or get out completely.
0 55 Read More
Yesterday at 07:09 PM
We have another single small display case in the museum, but this one just doesn't look perfect. Also the combination of the face with a display case didn't seem correct. Any info/help?
0 108 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
Yesterday at 06:37 PM
Have seen the Isle you speak about . Them guys have balls the size of orange crates.
Insane doesn't do it justice.
I'm a motorcyclist also I.ve rode since I was 15 ,I'm 61 and currently have 2..
10 381 Read More
Yesterday at 06:24 PM

I’d like to get a blank one & have my name put on it. Anybody got a blank one there tired of looking at? Even a rough one?
9 759 Read More
Yesterday at 05:34 PM
Cast iron copy of the National A1 hose outlet bezel $30 plus shipping.
Call or email.
Ron
0 115 Read More
Yesterday at 05:33 PM
Cast iron copy of the Penometer globe holder $45 plus shipping.
Call or email.
Ron
0 139 Read More
Yesterday at 05:31 PM
Cast iron copy of the globe holder for the pumps mentioned above. $45 plus shipping.
Call or email.
Ron
0 106 Read More
Yesterday at 05:30 PM
Cast iron copy of the Bennett-Shotwell handle with wood knob $50 plus shipping.
No PM's please.
Ron
0 88 Read More
Yesterday at 05:28 PM
Cleaning off the shelves. Cast iron Sharmeter light shades $45 each plus shipping.
Call or email. No PM's please.
Ron
0 122 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 04:48 PM
Anyone on here have any original patina Wayne 60s for sale? Prefer a narrow body but any interests me. Please call or text 5135436656 if anyone has anything. Thanks
0 78 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved