Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
For Sale Petroliana with prices
4 minutes ago
Selling this Bennet 76 ,has all internal parts,missing one inner face bezel,globe not included,$3000
0 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion
1 hour ago
Can anyone tell me if this plate is real or Fake and maybe what to look for?
I am waiting on pics of the back.

Thanks
Chuck.
0 21 Read More
Known & Suspected Unmarked Petro Reproductions
1 hour ago
Send me your email Address in a PM.
5 113 Read More
1 hour ago
Right. My first thought was this sign is original. With the Rack marks and the clip location, Im convinced it is not original. when placed on an angle (Like Peggys are) the clips would also be on an angle, which would be contrary to what a sign company would do- gravity, layout ect. Ron B. chimed in on Facebook again on these, saying they were made in the 90's and advertised in Hemings as repo's back then.
58 14,275 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
6 hours ago
This thread has a few cut, bent and mutilated signs in it.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=626705

I like my wheelbarrow example.
8 355 Read More
6 hours ago
Wouldn't happen to have a sight glass manifold would ya??
1 111 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
9 hours ago
Looking for a bennet 541 frame
0 24 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
9 hours ago
Hi, I'm looking for a Union 76 rotating ball sign. These are very large and are 6 to 7ft in diameter and light up. I'd like to find something complete if possible and I'm willing to travel. Also I'm willing to pay a finders fee if someone can put me in touch with someone who is selling one and a purchase takes place.

Thanks,
Brian
0 20 Read More
9 hours ago
I have no idea why they would cut up such a cool sign but oh well,,, probably the only way I'll ever be able to afford one with the prices on these!
Painful but great thread!!
8 355 Read More
10 hours ago
Maybe the visi gage don’t belong to the pump? Post a pic of where the pipe comes out of the top side of the pump, I’m thinking the visiguage model has a notched top. Or maybe the sight glass manifold doesn’t go with your pump? Chris
2 96 Read More
10 hours ago
Have two doors $100 for the set,Two horseshoes $100 for both,light assembly $125,and computer with side totalizer $325, may be able to deliver to cto show.
1 111 Read More
10 hours ago
A re-purposed Quaker State sign.
Brian
8 355 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
10 hours ago
see eBay item number:162975555743
7 620 Read More
10 hours ago
Missing the motor and pump assembly,$2500
0 160 Read More
11 hours ago
I just recently bought a 615. I found a McDonald Dubuque with the flex spout. It also has a hanger/hook on top that fits the harness/collar.
4 148 Read More
11 hours ago
7 1,909 Read More
11 hours ago
I have a horizontal Exide. Had for many years. It is porcelain...heavy.
5 205 Read More
11 hours ago
Haha that’s the best looking backboard I’ve ever seen.
8 355 Read More
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
If this doesn't qualify as petro related, I would ask that the mods move it for me. Anyway, pics tell the story. The box works as it should , but you can feel that the hinge assembly has been used plenty and I don't know how long it will last. $28.00 shipped to the lower 48 . Thanks, Tom
0 64 Read More
Yesterday at 09:43 PM
the visigauge style won't use the front/rear sight glass.
2 96 Read More
Yesterday at 09:03 PM
The paint and litho printing are all oil based. Apply WD40 and feed them. It will neutralize the rust and preserve the original coatings. I apply this to my old originals every six months and they still look great to my eye.
9 538 Read More
Yesterday at 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by wayno48
From what I have seen from Randy He's smarter than that. I'm sure he's already killed the surface rust. " it's only original once"

There was no intended insult in my post. If I offended the OP, I apologize. The point of the post was to help novices, such as myself. I have read repeatedly on here where people speak of leaving things as they are and never say anything about neutralizing or arresting rust. A novice reader could, by such remarks, be led to taking no action and then have a multi-hundred dollar item continue to deteriorate till it is not worth showing. How does linseed oil work to stop rust? What other techniques work for those wanting to preserve patina - rust reformer? vinegar followed by clear enamel?
9 538 Read More
Welcome New Members
Yesterday at 07:38 PM
Welcome to Oldgas.
2 21 Read More
Welcome New Members
Yesterday at 07:15 PM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
2 21 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 06:45 PM
Flite fuel lenses wanted , shield shaped