Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana Jump to new posts
UNION 76 TRUCK DOOR SIGN. hawkike 5 minutes ago
Ebay item no.-124198985725

Bid through "oldgas"

An 'Old gasser" bought the last one I listed,keep the lights on!
0 1 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices Jump to new posts
Old 6’ Gulf Service Station Signs Neonrelic 26 minutes ago
Recently found in Gulf Oil warehouse 6’ light up sign lenses. Very good condition no cracks some have original aluminum retaining rings and some do not. Been stored for a long time they could use a good cleaning I’ll leave that to new owners. Local pickup in Tampa Florida. Price is 350.00 each with frames and 250.00 each without frames . Greg 517-795-5683
0 22 Read More
Petroliana News Jump to new posts
Re: Fall Hershey AACA BrianH 40 minutes ago
Jim,
I think Mike is entitled to his opinion, whether you agree with him or not, just as you are. You don't know him, so you can't say if he's made any effort in the past to do anything about it or not.

Concerning voting for elected officials, I totally agree. I have voted in every Presidential election and most mid-terms since turning 18, 32 years ago. You don't always get who you want. I also spent several years this past decade trying to wake people in my community up to what is going on in the world without much success. Most folks just don't want to be woken up. It's slowly happening though.

I live in Michigan and though the court says that Gov Whitmer did nothing wrong, I think the constitution is pretty clear that her declared State of Emergency orders issued after the first one ARE unconstitutional. Courts don't always get it right and are subject to political pressure whether we like to believe it or not. But that's just my opinion.
5 115 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana Jump to new posts
Re: A Couple Road Trip Pictures coltex 2 hours ago
Great idea Eric. I think I will start doing that also.
175 6,397 Read More
Re: Wayne 492 J, Micieli 2 hours ago
Price?
2 151 Read More
Re: Fall Hershey AACA T-way 3 hours ago
Your governors are elected officials - so you actually had a say in their holding office.

If you don't like who's in office, get off your a$$ and work to change it.

And no court has found that any govener has broken the law.

So you 'opinions' are just that, your opinion.

Those issues are not what this site is about - so I would suggest you refrain from pushing your opinion on the rest of the members.

Later . . .

Jim
5 115 Read More
Re: Seloil Cabinet vwbusjukie 3 hours ago
I’ve got 3 of these all are in same shape. Open to offers one or all
1 279 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: What colors to do this repo light shade? toplescuda 4 hours ago
Wow. What kind of crazy top is that? I kinda like it lol

Being this was a reproduction. And I can do what I want with it....i want to mount it to the top of a old pump
My pump already has a spot for a globe. Do that make a base. That will bolt to this area. And then I just add a 2 1/4 pole

Here is the pump I'd like the mount the pole and shade to
6 124 Read More
Re: Fall Hershey AACA 57-Chevy 4 hours ago
I am totally disgusted. 50 years ago we hunted and killed Commies,
Today, we let them run states and tell us what we can do, where we can go, what we can buy.
My gosh people, what has happened?

It’s Memorial Day, Remember where your Freedom came from....
5 115 Read More
Re: Wayne 492 Speedracer 5 hours ago
Very nice pump and globe. !!!

PM sent / (telephone call)
2 151 Read More
Wayne 492 CEPPERS77 5 hours ago
Wayne 492 with authentic Gilmore globe.
2 151 Read More
Re: NOS Fisk Sign with Box BryceG 5 hours ago
dated 1957
3 348 Read More
Re: Wayne 492 Floats Stew King 5 hours ago
I agree , but it is very well made like from the factory , just can't figure why they are there . I know where 1 of the brass float hooks up but the other does not seem to have any function at all ? When they are inside the cylinder it's sure crowded , the cork float and the other just about touch and the brass one binds on it's lever .
16 274 Read More
Re: Ford Sign Hanger Question Stew King 5 hours ago
Send me a PM , sorry I can't post it , tried to no avail , and I will send you a photo from a US Ford sign catalogue that shows a hanger for the common , oval Genuine Parts Sign not the small Cdn. V8 but would work as the top curvature is about the same . The flat bottomed one like the one in your picture would probably work better for the winged sign . There was an original winged sign on top of a pole outside of the Ford dealership in Forestburg 25 + years ago . It was just bolted to a flat piece of angle iron on top of the pole .
6 1,375 Read More
Re: NOS Fisk Sign with Box CEPPERS77 5 hours ago
Date is??
3 348 Read More
Re: Fall Hershey AACA gasmansgp 6 hours ago
I agree. Unfortunately, it was not one of the questions? I take the Swedish outlook on this and have from the start....just that nobody asked me? Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Originally Posted by MetroPetro
I wouldn't hesitate to set up there.
5 115 Read More
Welcome New Members Jump to new posts
Re: Newbie from NorCal Norcal_FlyingA 6 hours ago
Thank you Randy!
4 30 Read More
Wayne Double 452 Greg Michigan 7 hours ago
I’m gearing up to make a batch of light shades for the Wayne 5 gallon double. They will be done at a shop that specializes in spinning metal. They will be just like the original shades. I don’t know the cost yet, but if I can get enough interest to amortize, I’m guessing about $85 per shade. Please contact me if you have any interest. Thank you.
Greg Fortin call or text. 810-444-5563
0 105 Read More
Re: Restored Wayne 519 aajf 7 hours ago
As you all can tell Joe restored this 519 to top notch condition. I bet it could actually work like it did day one. I was in contact with Joe during the restoration and he put quite a lot of time and pride into it=) LOOKS AMAZING JOE!!!!!
2 319 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana Jump to new posts
Re: A Couple Road Trip Pictures yeley101 8 hours ago
Love the story, the photos to back up the story, and the history. I'm with Clifton......way more value (to me) to the items I own that have known history. I try to write things like this on paper and put in a file. Sometimes I wire a tag with the history to the piece. Otherwise, that info gets lost forever.
175 6,397 Read More
Re: What colors to do this repo light shade? Cold Pizza 9 hours ago
Blue & Cream were popular colors back then too.
6 124 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions Jump to new posts
Re: Old Gas Map Question DWSheffer 9 hours ago
Older the better.....IMO the majority of maps from the late 40's to the 70's are mostly a dime a dozen. Out of the companies you mention, all are plentiful major oil companies. Look for small independent or regional oil companies, those are the ones that have more value, even later ones. Also, what collectors call "graphic maps" with lots of attractive artwork that usually run the 3 main panels when a map is initially unfolded are collectible, generally these are earlier maps as well from the 30's or before. Good luck....
Darin
2 34 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions Jump to new posts
Re: Old Gas Map Question MetroPetro 9 hours ago
I've been saving maps for a long time and have accumulated thousands through many outlets- flea markets, tag and estate sales, swap meets, gas shows, auctions, friends, etc etc. They are a relatively lower cost (with exceptions) gas collectible. You can obtain examples from obscure companies that have higher priced items (cans, globes, signs) that may be out of reach price wise. Maps are neat little windows in time that can show what equipment, signage, products were in use at those stations.

Maps can be tough to display. Many map collectors preserve their maps in archival grade plastic bags or sleeves, and can frame or store in 3 ring binders. Others prefer to display in road map racks that were used in the service station. Most collectors are fussy about condition and will pass on damaged maps.

Maps can be had cheaply in bulk lots, averaging under a dollar each. A majority of maps are valued between a dollar and 30.00 each, depending on brand, state, year, collector preference, etc. There are also maps worth more, some reaching into the 100's of dollars each.

I recommend anyone interested in maps join the Road Map Collectors Club. They put out a nice newsletter and have a national convention. Contact them at www.roadmaps.org
2 34 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana Jump to new posts
Re: Wanted: Southwest GULF pump DOORS Johnnyrock70 10 hours ago
Bump
1 60 Read More
Re: Fall Hershey AACA MetroPetro 10 hours ago
I wouldn't hesitate to set up there.
5 115 Read More
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2020 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved