0 3 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
36 minutes ago
Pm sent just noticed it was never read.
Thanks
3 145 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion
36 minutes ago
IMHO, reproduction bodies don't reduce the value of a globe significantly.

The reproduction milk glass bodies are being reproduced using the original molds - so other than the new bodies being a tad more white than an original, nothing else is different.

And as far as I know, we are the only company faithfully reproducing the mounting screws/washers and thumb nuts to mount the lenses.

Later . . .

Jim
4 150 Read More
40 minutes ago
Thanks for the gentle correction about your photo being from the Metro Petro gas/oil show in New Jersey (not Peotone. IL), my friend. How embarrassing. The guy in the far right looks quite like me, at least from behind. And, what really threw me was the plastic shelving sections being used on the far right vendor's swap table. That is exactly how I set up my vending space. Based on your location comment, I put on my reading glasses and got a magnifying glass out. Of course, you are right. I still admire that guy's fairly decent crop of hair, and rugged good looks...at least from behind! Thanks for the fun, MetroPetro. John
14 481 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
41 minutes ago
Gas Pump Ronnie’s Southwest 712 restored in 1980.

Thanks for sharing Ronnie!

Rob
12 582 Read More
52 minutes ago
Thank you Jim.

I can say with certainty that the globe and lens have been in a box for 17-19 years and owned for between 20 and 25 years.

I am learning, I understand that doesn't mean it's not a reproduction, sigh.....I'm trying to be as accurate as possible but it's proving to be very difficult.

So how do I know, or do I?

Picture and caption from http://www.lastgas15.com/types-of-gas-pump-globes/
4 150 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
56 minutes ago
Skelly globes like this one are reasonably common here in the upper Midwest. The lens themselves seem to be found more frequently than complete globes. So, guys buy the lenses and find a glass globe body (either original of reproduction), and a complete globe is created. Kevin's $500 thought for a complete Skelly globe like this one is about right, as I see it. However, it could bring more in other parts of the country, or from an in-person or auction buyer who doesn't have much globe knowledge, or who doesn't know "Old Gas" exists.

The original poster mentioned this Skelly globe came from the seller's parents grocery store/filling station. It always surprises me when someone sells such an old, interesting, colorful, displayable part of their family's history, like this gas pump globe. And, to gain just $250 in return. When an item like this globe is gone from the family....it's usually gone forever. Just me thinking out loud, of course. John

7 103 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
1 hour ago
Sunoco Gas Pump Pricer $425 shipped
0 34 Read More
1 hour ago
$1000
Tokheim 39 Short gas pump
The computer spins nicely and the bell rings. Porcelain computer faces are in original excellent condition, with no chips or touch ups.
It does have one dent in the corner and a small dent in the side near the computer reset handle. Neither are that bad.
No rust except for some surface rust. Very solid.
Shipping available.
Please see full picture set on our web site:
https://www.oldgaspumpguys.com/antique-gas-pumps-for-sale.html

We ARE the Old Gas Pump Guys!
www.oldgaspumpguys.com

[Linked Image]
0 27 Read More
1 hour ago
Richlube/Richfield Quart Cans Bottom Row $75 ea Top Row $60 ea Shipping Inc Can/US
0 38 Read More
1 hour ago
Sale pending
2 398 Read More
1 hour ago
First row $60 ea 2nd Row $45 ea Shipping inc Can/US
0 21 Read More
2 hours ago
I picked up these 2 Visibles on Saturday.
A Wayne 519 and a Fry117
9 303 Read More
2 hours ago
$400 for the pair. shipped to the lower 48
0 41 Read More
2 hours ago
MORE PHOTOS
1 37 Read More
2 hours ago
5 GAL SQUARE PURE OIL TRACTOR MOTOR OIL CAN $245 EMPTY.

5 GALLON ROUND PURE OIL CAN $75 EMPTY.

1 GAL TIOLENE PURE MOTOR OIL CAN $335 PARTIAL PARTIAL FULL.

1/2 GAL TIOLENE PURE MOTOR OIL CAN $315 PARTIAL FULL.

1 GAL PUROL PURE OIL ANTI FREEZE CAN $175 EMPTY.

1/4 GAL PURE OILS TIOLENE MEDIUM OIL CAN $325 EMPTY.

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING TO THE LOWER 48. MORE PHOTOS AVAILABLE. PLEASE PM OR TEXT ME WITH QUESTIONS.
1 37 Read More
3 hours ago
I agree with both of you. I don't think they pass the smell test. Thanks for taking a look.
3 127 Read More
3 hours ago
Just bought this Large 1950’s Wolverine Texaco Fire Chief Pump off of an old Texaco employee. He added an original mini fire chief pump sign where a paper label would be and he added an original contains lead sign on the side. Also used flat head screws for affect. The pump has shelving in the back. I wanted to share the modification and ask if anyone had this pump as a kid. Thanks
0 35 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
3 hours ago
Still looking for this globe!
12 1,675 Read More
3 hours ago
Thanks Eric
9 303 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
3 hours ago
Matt--I will try and get pictures of mine to you today!
3 107 Read More
3 hours ago
That body looks new (those are reproduced).

And talking for myself, I don't care what body a lens is displayed on.

I put all my lenses on glass bodies, no matter what they were supposed to come on.

I just don't like plastic bodies.

Later . . .

Jim
4 150 Read More
3 hours ago
I turned your picture for you!
Those bodies are typically worth $300 and you can expect about $100 for each lens if they are as nice as you say!
Anything above that would be bonus money paid because someone REALLY had to have it!
And we have all done that before! LOL
7 103 Read More
4 hours ago
A gulf plate and a globe . A few other smalls but nothing worth mentioning.
9 303 Read More
4 hours ago
Thanks I’m a sign guy but I had to get it. I learned a while back there isn’t a whole lot of this stuff around the time to buy is when you see it. Thanks guys I think I did well.
7 103 Read More
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 64 65

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2019 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved