Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Petroliana Discussion
2 hours ago
I have a pump like that, that I gave to my son. The face is clear plastic with the face details painted on the back. No one makes this that I know of but you can get a Bennett model 56 face that is aluminum. It will need to be trimmed a little to fit. It is available from Ron Scobie. http://www.gaspump.com/Other_Parts.html If you go to the face and hands section there is a picture of it.
1 16 Read More
2 hours ago
Hey everyone, long time lurker, absolutely love this site! I was at a garage sale this weekend and happened to see this Bennett model 58 pump in the lady's driveway and as I was leaving asked if it happened to be for sale, which it was to my surprise. Her husband had recently passed and she let me have it for $100.00 and I took a chance on it. I dont care what it's worth, I love it. It's my first gas pump purchase and I am gonna make her pretty again and display it my garage forever. My 4 year old daughter is a huge Disney Cars fan and she is so excited to gas up her Lighting McQueen battery car with it. Anyway, sorry for rambling. Does anyone have the gallons display part for sale or know where I can get one? Sorry, not sure if the technical name. Computer? Appreciate any insight!
1 16 Read More
2 hours ago
There was a thread on here a while back which made the connection between brands of gas and the brands of tires they usually sold. There was a list of each gas station and the brands of tires they were affiliated with (and sold).

You may find it interesting, here's the link....

Gas station tire affiliations

-Steve
3 71 Read More
2 hours ago
Have an opportunity to purchase this Starkey Coin Op Pump. The gentleman wants many thousands for it. I know its a great, rare, and rather historical pump. My question is this... it looks maybe cut or modified below the coin box door. With little examples of these pumps known I dont have alot to go off. Here are pictures of the pump and another picture I found I believe may be what it originally looked like? I see some metal jutting off to the left below the coin door. Only have these photos to go on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike 623-760-3550
0 18 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
4 hours ago
Great colors, nice sign.
2 60 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
4 hours ago
I'm not trying to be mean, but if you can get $200 for that sign in that condition, I would suggest to take it. My how things have changed.
7 242 Read More
4 hours ago
I Need a little help as I don’t want to ruin something . I need some input on disassembling the sight-glass from the cast iron top and bottom. Got the bolts loose but the top lid of the sight-glass won’t pop loose from the glass . I didn’t want to force it so I stopped . Are the glasses cemented into the top and base cast pieces looks a visible glass cylinder or ? Don’t want to break the glass as it is all original . So any help from someone who has disassembled one with success that would chime in and help quite do this successfully would be greatly appreciated . Googled site search but found nothing on this . Thank you . Picture for reference of the sight-glass .
0 22 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
4 hours ago
Cggas that's funny since that is also my last name on the sign. Hugh (Copgib)
2 136 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
5 hours ago
Discovered this one yesterday
13 1,450 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
5 hours ago
Vert very cool sign, I can see why you wanted it!
2 60 Read More
5 hours ago
Thanks RedHat

Was surprised to see the famous flying A logo under another brand...I bought the half tire display regardless. No idea of value but had never seen one before.
3 71 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
6 hours ago
Sold.
3 879 Read More
6 hours ago
Light manifold sold.

Taking offers on what’s left including the computer. Can deliver to Carlisle or Hershey.

Or I’ll trade all that’s left for a Wayne 40 top and frame rails.
9 470 Read More
6 hours ago
Greyhound flange Sale Pending...
3 284 Read More
6 hours ago
Ok thank you for the suggestions I will try it.
7 242 Read More
Yesterday at 10:41 PM
Tidewater Associated and Federal Tires had a lot of crossover advertising. I’m not sure on the specifics of the partnership but I’ve seen anything from cardboard signs that sit in the tires to posters advertising the pair together. Believe I’ve even seen an actual tire with the Flying A logo on it.
3 71 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 10:41 PM
Looking for this pump plate in particular...or anything else Flying A for sale

Thank you
0 38 Read More
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Wow!
1 89 Read More
Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Ok is this a Federal Tire Display or Flying A....Or Both?

I can’t find anything

Thoughts???

Thank you Old Gas
3 71 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 09:36 PM
BTT. I may have a generous line on borrowing one of these bases that GJones and I need.

Does anyone know what recasting a base (or a couple of them) costs? I seem to remember in another thread that it’s not horribly expensive.

Does anyone know of a reputable company that does it for a fair price??

Thanks,
Steve
6 460 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 09:32 PM
Dan, I would greatly appreciate it if I could borrow that base and have it recast. I’m sure Greg would be in on it too. Maybe the three of us can work something out.

I have been looking for a long time.

Thank you very much,
Steve
5 253 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 09:21 PM
Have a rough 753 that I will be restoring last part of October can lend you the base to have recast.
5 253 Read More
Yesterday at 09:18 PM
Sold
3 420 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 09:03 PM
how about some pics!!!!!!! charley
5 153 Read More
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
I would pay $200 for every one of these you find in this condition smile