Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
2 minutes ago
Consider trade for an oval DSP AAA sign.I have other gas/oil signs also for trade.

This LOS ANGELES SEATTLE MOTOR EXPRESS porcelain sign. is RARE,yes I said the R word!

15 " sign would have been mounted on a truck/tractor door.

"Note" camera flash.
0 2 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion
27 minutes ago
It would really help if you took a photo of your item and posted a reply here with an attached photo.

How to upload an attached photo on this forum:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=703369
1 14 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
3 hours ago
40 9,064 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
3 hours ago
$500 shipped to lower 48. 18.5inx12in
0 90 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
5 hours ago
This is another Wayne station lighter that I have had in storage for a while now.

Rob
52 2,681 Read More
5 hours ago
Fordiana Series by Lorin Sorenson, All 6 books in the series.500.dollars,purchaser to pay packing and shipping.Have other books by Lorin,will list at a later date.
0 26 Read More
5 hours ago
Great creativity and craftsmanship. Love the claw feet.
3 302 Read More
5 hours ago
Thanks Dave. Good to know!
5 97 Read More
7 hours ago
more pics
1 159 Read More
8 hours ago
Really need to get this out of the barn.
Make a decent offer.

[Linked Image]

Link to web site and more pictures: https://www.oldgaspumpguys.com/gas-station-pole-light.html
5 1,839 Read More
8 hours ago
Also looks great in a blue body.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
5 967 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
9 hours ago
I'm looking to take offers for this Standard sign. I haven't had much time to research it, and have had worse luck finding out its value. l don't know much about it, is it's been sitting in my families quonset since before I was born, next to the Ford dealer signs that my Dad kept before closing his dealership. I also know its extremely heavy.
6 9,122 Read More
10 hours ago
Well hell, put it in a bag of dirt and shake it up..there is no difference in the pic you posted and what the ebay dude has. That air valve hasn't changed in over 100 years
4 142 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
10 hours ago
I need some help, advice, guidance.....anything. I have searched all over the internet, and I can not find any information on a few things. A brief background first........

My family had a ford dealership going back to the 20's. My father cut ties with Ford right around the time they rolled out the Blue Oval signs at all dealerships. My Dad saved a lot of things from my families Ford era, as did my grandfather, and great grandfather, My great-great grandfather had the same business, but it was called Froehlich's garage prior to our partnership with Ford.

Here's my issue/question/need for guidance

1. I still have all of our square Ford signs. I'm talking the large Dealership storefront signs that were erected in the air 50+ feet I have attached pictures of what I'm referring to. Not the actual signs I have, but the same Shape, color, etc. I can't even find pics of the square "Ford Trucks" one or the other Lincoln Mercury ones on the internet. I would have to measure the signs to provide dimensions, but they are very large. I think there are some even older ones, the ones that were skinny and more vertical from around the 50's.

2. In addition to the ford signs, I also have an extremely old, and very heavy Standard oil sign, I can't seem to find the same sign anywhere else I look. I can find similar signs, but there's major differences. My Dad told me it has value (he is now deceased). The one I have is one solid piece, whereas the ford signs I have are hollow squares, that would go inside a frame, back to back, so to speak. The Standard sign isn't plastic, or doesn't seem to be, but on top it looks like an adapter to power the sign, but it almost looks like a gas line? I don't know

Thank you for your time,
Nick Froehlich
0 45 Read More
14 hours ago
Thanks guys!
Jim,
Thanks for embedded the video ! That makes it so
much easier for everyone to click on .

Rob
15 281 Read More
14 hours ago
Here is an explanation of all the 39s, it is on my website.

Jack Sim
2 89 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
16 hours ago
About to start my first restoration. Uncle helped me find this gem in NJ. Was still attached to the tank before it landed in my garage!

I'm looking for a few parts if folks may be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help...

Dan

1) Nozzle - Looking for a brass G&B GBN-01
2) Clock face (I have a pretty good one that fits but I'm looking for a period correct plate which I THINK may be a 1930 porcelain)
3) Clock face hands
4) G&B T105 ID Tag
0 55 Read More
16 hours ago
Got two binders worth of maps, here’s one of the good ones. I’ll post more in upcoming botw’s. And some cans from tow of my favorite NJ companies
8 354 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
16 hours ago
Happy Easter everyone!!
4 108 Read More
16 hours ago
My first pump and restoration. I believe it is a G&B model 105 - single sided clock face.
106 39,238 Read More
Welcome New Members
16 hours ago
Welcome!
4 33 Read More
Welcome New Members
16 hours ago
Welcome!
4 26 Read More
Welcome New Members
16 hours ago
Welcome!