Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Want to Buy Petroliana Jump to new posts
Bennett 966 Doors with Ad Glass fuelboy 2 hours ago
Looking for a pair of Bennett 966 doors with the ad glass (item 3). Along with the reflector behind the ad glass attached to the door (item 19).

Please let me know what else you may have for a 966. Shipping to 77062.
0 9 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion Jump to new posts
Milwaukee Gas Pump Identify Please Brassnozzle 11 hours ago
I can’t figure out what version this pump is.
Seams like the Sure Lock is way lower then what’s pictured in Jack’s books. I found this pump way up in Northern Canada. Is there a Canadian version of these pumps? Thanks Everyone!

Also does anyone have any parts for the Lock or anything else that’s melted off. Cheers
0 59 Read More
Parts Gav 14 hours ago
Need 36b frame only 6 sided American gravity base. 76 bennet top
0 46 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices Jump to new posts
Tokheim 39 Station Lighter Top - Rare Petro 2013 Yesterday at 11:58 PM
For Sale - Tokheim 39 Station Lighter Top
Media blaster w/primer.
Dings, bumps, some light rust through, but fixable.
Option, cut out center and weld to your top!
Please review picture.
$275 Shipped or Best Offer
Sterling Heights, Mi.
0 173 Read More
18 inch GULF letters redmike Yesterday at 11:55 PM
Looking for a set of blue GULF letters 18 inch tall in great shape for a fair price!! Thank you!
0 28 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion Jump to new posts
Veeder-Root - Price Setting Problem HighOctane Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Hi everyone. New member here with a question that I've searched on this forum with no success, so hopefully I'm not covering well-worn ground.

While I am new to this site, I am definitely not new to restorations. I've restored a '49 Ford and a '48 Indian and a vintage race car, so while not a pro, I know which end of the wrench to use. But, doing a gas pump and especially the VR mechanical computer is all new to me.

Attached photo shows my VR with the variator section removed from the counter section. The 10 cent and 1/10 cents Rack Links are removed in the photo.

My current project is a Wayne 70 gas pump that I picked up about 25-30 years ago. It has spent most of that time inside my garage, just waiting for my attention. Thus the "works" are in pretty good shape. As a matter of fact, the gears in the variator look great and most spin in what appears to be a normal way. I say "most" because the gear that drives the counter wheels is locked solid. Will not spin. I cleaned the counter gears and they are in good condition and rotating the drive on the counter moves the money wheels easily. Even befiore I cleaned and oiled everything it reset correctly every time and as I spun the variator, the counter wheels spun correctly before I tried to reset the price per gallon. After I tried the reset, the money wheels would not spin. I am installing one of Kevin Frith's motor kits so motorize the VR. I have a service manual/bulletins with information on the Veeder-Roots, so I understand the basics of how it works and how to set the price. But, it is only basic knowledge and I'm sure I'm missing something that leads me to my dilemma.

My problem is in resetting the "Price per Gallon". As I mentioned, most of the gears in the counter appear to move correctly, both in resetting to zero, and in "delivery" mode. I understand how the price per gallon is reset by inserting the pins through the range plates and into the holes in the range lever and gear. All three range lever and gear assemblies move up and down freely on their vertical shafts. And, the Range Lever and Gear rotates properly in towards the Cone Gear, so that you can insert the Range, Lever Pin, into the desired hole in the Range Plate and into the hole in the Range Lever and gear. This is true of all three price settings - 10 cents range, cents, tenths. The problem is that once the pin is set for the 10 cent price range, it jams or locks up the entire mechanism. Either the gear on the 10 cent range or the shaft that drives the money section is jammed. But, like I said, it wasn't until I tried to reset the price per gallon. I guess I inadvertently buggered something up.

Is it possible that the Rack Links that mesh with the gears on the bottom of the price wheels are keeping the gears from rotating inward? Is there something that must be released, unlocked, loosened, etc. on the Rack Links to allow the gears that drive the money section to spin free? The Range Lever and Gears will rotate in and out, but I can't get the shaft that rotates the gears that drive the money wheels to move. Nothing I've tried seems to work.

One other thing that might shed light on this . . . When the gallon counter and money counter were both spinning (before I screwed it up) as I rotated the main drive, one gallon resulted in 16 cents showing on the money wheels while the Price Per Gallon was actually set to 34.9 cents. This was before I tried to change the price per gallon setting.

Finally, one last question; my computer does not have, nor does it appear to ever have had a bell on it. I would like to have this when I motorize it, as I remember this all too well from my old high school days. Is there a way to add this feature to my computer? If so, how, and where would I get the necessary parts ?

Hopefully one of you Veeder-Root experts can clue me in to what I need to do. Thanks for taking the time. I didn't mean to be so long-winded, but I wanted to thoroughly explain my problem. Any help you guys can give me will be very much appreciated.

Patrick
0 37 Read More
WTB Rubuild of Veeder Root 56 Bloodhound1958 Yesterday at 10:02 PM
Looking for someone to rebuild my Veeder Root 3 wheel 56 computer. Unfortunately Joe Yocom doesn't normally do them and did this one as a favor according to the video description. WTB similar service. Thank You

0 30 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions Jump to new posts
Wadhams Gasoline Price Sign wads Yesterday at 08:56 PM
Looking for an estimated value on this sign? The sign is tin (thin metal) and measures 32 3/4 in wide by 52 in high.

I am also guessing this sign in from the late teens early 20's.

Thanks
0 53 Read More
Esso + Essolube Oil Bottles RedHat Yesterday at 06:56 PM
$95 each

$10 to ship pints, $15 to ship quarts

No cracks or chips that I can see, one bottle has some cloudiness that should clean up
0 92 Read More
FLAMMABLE LIQUID SIGN. hawkike Yesterday at 06:02 PM
Metal sign measures 27" by 9",excellent condition as seen in the photos.

$35.00 shipped
0 97 Read More
Petroliana News Jump to new posts
Stay the Night in an Old Gas Station Oldgas Yesterday at 03:53 PM
What more could you want? Stay in an old restored gas station in the same town as The World's Largest Ball of Twine, Cawker City, Kansas.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/kansas/retro-gas-station-overnight-ks/

https://goo.gl/maps/Tpjmsh2KMboLiY4C6

[Linked Image]
0 89 Read More
NEON ENTRANCE ARROW gaspumpfrank Yesterday at 12:39 PM
5 Ft. Neon Entrance Arrow, Great Patina. $2500.00 Crated and Ready to go. will be at Carlisle Fall Show 910-330-3085,
0 169 Read More
Parts Craig Osbeck Sun Sep 27 2020 08:44 PM
I will try this again. Each time I do this with a lot of stuff the computer just does not take anything and locks up.

1) Tall bennett sight glasses, (2) $60
2) Bennett blue porcelain faces. $50
3) Shell blue print of tanker truck. $35
4) 39 tokheim polished hose outlet cover.$50
5) 39 tokheim sight glass with bezel. $50
6) 39 tokheim sight glass (2) $50
7) Powell 1" polished brass shut off valve. $375
8) Gilbarco sight glass (2) with cast bezel. $50
9) Polished brass visi gauge on glass missing. $100
10) Boyle Dayton door bezel.$35
11) " " control arm $25
12) MS 80 Hose reel $5
13) Outside retractor reel outlet Polished. $10
14) Gilbarco sight glass bezel. $5
15) Bowser light switch not sure if it is a 310 or 410. $25
16) Hi-way 13.5 lenses nice. $550
17) Clock face hands, 1 set Bowser exacto, one set Bennett 150, and three used hands Bennett 77. $35
Shipping not included
0 251 Read More
Locktite Patch Kits pumpingethyl Sun Sep 27 2020 08:41 PM
Selling as a group...$140 shipped for all 3

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
0 62 Read More
CAN SALE....FREE SHIPPING pumpingethyl Sun Sep 27 2020 08:35 PM
Cleaning out the shed.....FREE SHIPPING
Falcon qt...$39
RPM composite qt...$28
Marvelene qt...$30
Conoco qt...$30
Texaco gallon...$30
Fiebings saddle soap...$35
Simoniz...$15
patch kit...$28
Golden spectro...$40
Aqua shine...$25
Vico 1 pound...$49

0 155 Read More
Gilbarco pedestal air meter ALSS72 Sun Sep 27 2020 08:10 PM
Pedestal air meter going to Carlisle this week ,missing crank and front tag $1200 or best offer
0 162 Read More
ECO 25 on stand to Carlisle MetroPetro Sun Sep 27 2020 07:22 PM
$1300 delivered to Carlisle.
Have new face, dial.
0 185 Read More
ESSO script 3 piece reproduction globe to Carlisle MetroPetro Sun Sep 27 2020 07:16 PM
Nice 13.5 steel body from Mike Slama
$125 deliveredto Carlisle
0 125 Read More
SEASIDE 50TH.YEAR MEDALLION. hawkike Sun Sep 27 2020 05:55 PM
Brass,measures app 1 1/4" across.Dated 1898-1948.
" Golden anniversary" on the bottom front.
$15.00 shipped.
PM if interested.
0 105 Read More
WTB Bennett 150 psrts prairie rust Sun Sep 27 2020 02:51 PM
I need a few 150 parts. Top and mid castings. Original faces in good condition. Thanks. Private message me if you might have something.
0 26 Read More
WTB: Bennett 956 Retractor cover gpetry Sun Sep 27 2020 03:57 AM
Looking for the cover that goes over the rollers on the retractible fuel hose on a Bennett 956 pump Thanks!!
0 27 Read More
Phillips 66 frame Gas stuff.com Sat Sep 26 2020 08:09 PM
Anyone need an original Phillips 66 six foot shield shaped top frame. No pole. 1350.00.
0 246 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted Jump to new posts
THIEVES BEWARE hawkike Sat Sep 26 2020 07:32 PM
Heavy porcelain,measures 14" by 12".Excellent condition,embossed lettering.

$260.00Shipped.
0 91 Read More
custom blend 511 pump plates farmboy70 Fri Sep 25 2020 11:50 PM
Blue Sunoco pump plates. Need a pair of them in 8 to 10 condition.
Thanks
Dave
0 43 Read More
Sphynxoil Motor Oil Gallon Can (New Jersey) RedHat Fri Sep 25 2020 01:43 PM
Rough but uncommon, great addition for NJ collector’s like myself. Have not tried to clean up and no idea if it would.

$65 plus $13 to ship
0 128 Read More
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2020 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved