Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Petroliana Discussion
38 minutes ago
If your in ohio Wednesday the 20th, tomorrow. Feel free to stop out to my building in kenton ohio,lots of signs and petro to check out, free soda pop,cold water,its hot. Alot will be for sale,probably around 200 signs,etc. Ill be here from 9 to 9pm ,pm ,please pm or call or text for address. Kenton is 1 hr northwest of Columbus oh , cell 567 208 2603
0 13 Read More
43 minutes ago
I got a few replies on this sign a couple years ago, but the seller & I couldn’t come to common ground on a price, he has contacted me with a fair price recently. Just wanted to get some opinions, good or bad before I pull the trigger!! I know they repop this one, or one similar. Sooo is it real? What year? And what do ya think a fair market value would be? There is no pole, or base, just the ring.Thanks chris
0 13 Read More
1 hour ago
Jack ,I am not going to Iowa Gas can we put our name on a list? You will be posting on Old Gas won't you. I would like to buy one.
36 1,284 Read More
1 hour ago
To clarify, the two BP stations I remember seeing were both in Massachusetts. I recall them being close to Worcester, and this was in the early 1970's. The reason they stuck out is because they were the only ones I had ever seen outside of Canada, which is where my family came from and we visited every year. I also recall the first Mobil station I ever saw with the futuristic round pumps was located on the Wampanoug Trail between Barrington and East Providence. where the road forked toward Seekonk. I'm sure many more station rebranded than I recall, but I only remember the two that change to Getty. I was fortunate to have lived when stations still gave out prizes, like Patriots tumblers at Mobil, plastic horseshoes at Gulf, tiger tails at Esso, Red Sox posters at Atlantic, football stickers at Sunoco to name a few. In addition there were always some game going on at Shell, Sunoco or Mobil were you collected playing pieces to win prizes as well as giving out S&H green stamps, pumping your gas, checking the oil, air pressure and cleaning your windshield! Virtually all that ended around the time of the first oil embargo in 1973. Again I have to say thank you for reminding me of all the wonderful memories of my childhood in Barrington!
5 136 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
2 hours ago
the rim is 19" 1930 & 31 only
1 182 Read More
3 hours ago
One more significant price drop and a quick bump before she goes into the abyss of long term storage eek

$3500 OBO and I can meet you at the CTO show/swap in Columbus this Friday Noon-ish or Sat AM.
3 672 Read More
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by SandPCollector
I lived in Barrington RI from 1964 to 1975. I remember the Cities Service change to Citgo in 1965, the Atlantic change to Arco in 1970 and the Esso change to Exxon in 1972. Flying A was bought out by Getty, but there weren't a lot of Flying A stations that I recall seeing. Getty expanded by rebranding other stations - I remember a Gulf and an Arco station changing to Getty. In addition to those brands I remember Texaco, Sunoco, Mobil, Gulf, Phillips 66 (not many), American and a couple BP stations in Massachusetts during the time I lived there.

Thanks for giving me a trip down memory lane!

Barrington's right down the road! I have a spreadsheet somewhere with a little more detail, I didn't see any BP stations in the directory. Maybe they weren't in RI. And the spreadsheet lists which stations converted to Getty. Also, I was able to tell by the ads in the City Directory that there was one guy who sold his Esso station and bought a Mobil station. I'm not sure how common that was. This period covers my first 10 years and the impression I have of gas stations when I was that young was that they started out as full serve but self serve was emphasized more and more as prices went up. Also, they were more like garages when I was little, then became more oriented towards selling conveniences like soda & cigarettes. I also remember the stations where there's an attendant in a glass enclosed closet sized room, but that wasn't until later. I think Stop & Shop still does that.
5 136 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
6 hours ago
I am still looking for a bonnet for my Tokheim 600 Series Visible.

Thanks,

TN Volunteer
0 12 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
7 hours ago
Schuco's are sold, The Marx Tractor and Tank are now selling for $165.00, plus shipping. Message with any questions.
2 183 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
9 hours ago

11 554 Read More
10 hours ago
Jack I can't wait. Thanks for all you do.
36 1,284 Read More
10 hours ago
Great pumps everyone! Wow there are some nice ones!!
33 1,358 Read More
10 hours ago
Looks great!
8 236 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
10 hours ago
Happy birthday Loyd!!
12 137 Read More
10 hours ago
I'm 23!
47 1,468 Read More
Welcome New Members
10 hours ago
Welcome to OldGas!
6 91 Read More
11 hours ago
Nice work!
1 154 Read More
11 hours ago
Pre-paying has crossed my mind, but I really don't want to do that. My plans are the day the book goes to the printer I will announce I am taking orders. Thanks for offering, I appreciate the trust from all of you.

Small details:

We have arranged financing, not enough, but it will get us started with the printing.
There will be no wholesaling of the book, I will be the only seller.
My goal is to have the book with me when I go to Iowa Gas.
Forgot to mention this when I posted what the book will include. It will also have an appendix, this will have details about a pump or a pump series that is too large for the picture page, a lot more info to help identify a pump.

Thanks again,

Jack
36 1,284 Read More
11 hours ago
Ahhhhhhhhh - just heard on the evening news that the heat index tomorrow in southern Maryland will be 100. Lovely. Hope the AC holds out!
12 137 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
11 hours ago
Looking for a lead on an original National A-62 with the green porcelain. Would prefer something that I can restore.

Thanks

Grant
0 26 Read More
11 hours ago
Ha, that's great! I love looking at the classifieds in old newspapers or auto magazines. I have a Hemmings somewhere from the year I was born (1976) that my Dad kept. I remember as a teenager looking through it and seeing most 50's Cadillacs for under a grand...just blew my mind at the time!
Darin
1 55 Read More
12 hours ago
Happy Birthday Loyd!
Ryan, hope your feet stay dry...
Nice Mural Jim...love pictures you can 'walk' into!
Les, I guess you gotta invest in a mower with a real good headlight. : D
Gary--if you use a light meter, you may find you also need less lights with the LED's to get the same luminosity as the halides (well--anyway I know it works when replacing old fluorescents). Less units = less $$$. If I remember correctly (but I'm old, so my memory fails me a lot) the halides send off some heat, so your AC bill should go down.
Darin, are you going to tease us with that without pictures?

90's with high humidity--typical Maryland summer.

Aren't you glad for that modern invention, air conditioning?

Hope the rest of your week goes ok.
12 137 Read More
12 hours ago
Was doing some research on the Clear Vision pump company, since I'm located in Wichita, KS. While going through the old papers I found a classified ad in Augusta, KS (just east of Wichita) for a used Clear Vision pump for sale for only $100! Guess I didn't see this bargain in time - the paper is dated January 1921 - haha
1 55 Read More
12 hours ago
Vintage Model A Firestone Tire Display

I about fell over when I discovered this piece recently in a southwestern Mi. barn. This is a Model A, Ford Tire and rim, sitting on top of a vintage Firestone display rack. I believe the rim itself dates to the 1930's. Rack has signage on front and back. The tire itself is a Firestone 4.74/5.00-19, not particularly old but the rim definitely is. I think the rack will clean up nicely with a little elbow grease. The farmer I bought this from told me that his father owned a firestone tire outlet and he used this display in his store.
Interesting piece of Firestone advertising.

Shipping: This item is avail. to pick up at my Hillsdale Mi. location, "or" upon request, I would be willing to take to the UPS in Coldwater Mi. for them to package & ship for you. You would have to make your own arrangements at UPS before I deliver. Message with any questions or comments.

$350.00
1 182 Read More
12 hours ago
Jack,
Count me in also.
Brian
36 1,284 Read More
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved