Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Petroliana Value Questions
23 minutes ago
They made reproductions of this flange sign. I was offered one about six years ago. You have to look close, but you can tell if you know what to look for.
Looking at the condition of yours, I would say it was one of those.
2 60 Read More
Petroliana News
3 hours ago
Thanks Randy!
2 52 Read More
Petroliana News
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by okoil1
$8,500 for a fantasy Dog-On Good gasoline globe seemed expensive.

Can you explain?
2 95 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion
6 hours ago
Your Transport globe is from the Pennzoil Company. Don't know the value, but someone probably will....
1 70 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
6 hours ago
This is an original flange sign, It came out of a box of 6 signs and was the one in the best cond. Came from an old Chevron dealer in north idaho, If you look you can see it is different from the repros out there. It is in very good condition with more scratches on one side than the other and a slight fade line on the bottom. Its a painted tin sign and id say about 20" tall but can get an exact size on sun. Asking $950 406 360 1465
0 60 Read More
6 hours ago
This is sold. Thanks
2 490 Read More
6 hours ago
Ive picked up this Buick sign that from all indications is original. It came from north Idaho. It is a little rough so it wont comand top dollar but is super rare. I couldnt find any like it in my research, just the India and another repro dated 1947. Neither are the same. It has the Veribrite Chicago stamp on the flange, Im outa town for a few more days so i cant meaasre it precisely till sun but its about 20" id say. Thanx for making it easier to load pics, i can now be active in selling finally! Asking $1200 406 360 1465
0 59 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
6 hours ago
No collection, but I have both the regular and aviation Red Indian cans in super nice condition?
1 24 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
7 hours ago
Hey,
Looking to Buy a Canadian Oil Can Collection...
Quarts and all others...
Buffalo,North Star,William Penn, Red Indian, Red Head and all the others...
Send pics or Text me...
204-346-4248

P.S Any North Star or William Penn signs available out there?
1 24 Read More
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana
8 hours ago
Yep.......
1 92 Read More
8 hours ago
Here is a porcelian Gulf lubster sign in my collection that measures just under 15". I took it off my double lubster that is a little different from Daves. The one I have is marked GULF Refining in the cast iron
3 151 Read More
9 hours ago
Is the first sign a flange sign.
2 60 Read More
9 hours ago
Is there a reason you don't think the value is what you paid???
1 53 Read More
Petroliana News
9 hours ago
$8,500 for a fantasy Dog-On Good gasoline globe seemed expensive.
2 95 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
9 hours ago
Dale, Re the crank handle - it was on e-bay and had the square hole on the end but it is no longer there--pulled or sold. I was surprised because all the other crank handles were as you describe. Part of me was hoping it was made for the easel and misidentified, but the listing did not have the square hole dimensions.

I have a bunch of tools from when I was in my 20's (way back when), but alas a welding kit is not one of those... laugh

Jim, thanks for the socket tutorial. I bought that set back in 1980. I think I may have used it for my car 74, pre anti pollution (lots of room for a beginner to work with) Corolla as I couldn't afford to go to a mechanic while I was in school. I'll have to count the star points.

The square turn heads look to be hand made and vary very slightly in width along the shaft which has made it a guessing game, and my ignorance in socketry hasn't helped. lol I saw a universal socket, but thought it might be too wide for the space in between, but may measure and re look at that again.

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. With your information, I will try again getting samples from the hardware store (and car parts store), and if that doesn't work, I know a blacksmith (and maybe he knows a welder) who might help.

I love this easel and am finally in a studio where I can use it. It needs a 12 foot minimum ceiling to be fully utilized at eye level by 5' 6" me. I stand when I work, and it's the first time I've been able to stand and work on the bottom of some of my larger paintings without having to Jerry rig an extension on my other easels that always had the potential of slipping and damaging the canvas.
4 102 Read More
10 hours ago
I recently purchased this sign. It is dated 1924 on the bottom. It has the F signifying it was oil for the Ford Model T. I can't find another like it. Has anyone seen one or know a Value? Thanks

autoline
1 53 Read More
Petroliana News
10 hours ago
Just wondering what everyone thought about Morphy having an auction on a Thursday?

It didn't seem to have too much affect on prices, they seemed about right. Some high, some low... seemed pretty typical.
2 95 Read More
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana
10 hours ago
1940's clock.....1910's South African "Pegasus Motor Spirit" artwork on the face......seller that "doesn't know the history or origin of the items". This sure all adds up right to me, lol! crazy
Sad what people are paying for fake junk these days.
Darin

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-INGRAH...GAS-STATION-WALL-CLOCK-SIGN/202168950571
1 92 Read More
Petroliana News
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
March 10, 2018, Escalon, California, 15th Annual Escalon Gas Bash & Swap .. ... cool
2 52 Read More
Petroliana News
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
Any date on this yet?
2 52 Read More
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Wadhams sign is about 6 x 5. wondering if anyone has any info on it
0 46 Read More
Yesterday at 11:09 PM
Hello everyone. Any help or info on this Wadhams porcelain sign I have would be great. Not sure if it is repo or authentic. approx. 20.5 x 25.5
Also about these other larger Wadhams signs I have. Any info and possible values for insurance. Thanks
2 60 Read More
Transportation Bulletin Board
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
I need a well-packed, fairly small box (probably about 20' x 20' x 16") transported from New York state to the Peotone Gas/Oil Meet March 10 or 11. The contents are fragile, so it would be great to have an Old Gas guy do this, rather than a carrier like FedEx Ground. Will compensate the person, of course. If you think this is a "maybe", I can be more specific about were in New York state the box is located. The person who currently has the box may be able to meet close to you, or at your place. Any help will be appreciated a great deal. Thanks. John
0 26 Read More
Yesterday at 08:47 PM
More information from my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%20nozzles-2.htm

Jack Sim
5 260 Read More
Yesterday at 08:41 PM
According to Tim Rohr's findings:

Gilbert & Barker 10 T-176F 11 x 19
Gilbert & Barker 10 T-176 (Semi-Rotary), T177 12 1/2 x 24
Gilbert & Barker 10 T-176 (Dual Piston), T-179 12 1/2 x 26

Jack Sim
2 94 Read More
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings