Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Petroliana Discussion
6 minutes ago
That looks so cool!!! It rarely snows where I live and when it does it does not stay very long. This is the only snow picture I have that a gas pump is in it.
2 64 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
20 minutes ago
I have a few pumps for sale. Can ship at cost or deliver to upcoming shows. Thanks

2 A38's - $2,500 ea

Bennette $1,250
0 25 Read More
21 minutes ago
I just added a Boyle Dayton curb pump Model 75 to my collection. It looks pretty boring with no signage or price box. Does anyone have some pictures that show some in service with some sort of adverting on them?
0 9 Read More
29 minutes ago
This was found in a bottle collection, does anyone know anything about it, what it held. It has graduations on the back and a picture of a paintbrush brushing something on the tire or tube.
0 5 Read More
30 minutes ago
20"diameter with 4'10" pole ,pick up or may be able to deliver to up coming show.$165
0 14 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
46 minutes ago
Nice pump! I’m not an experienced collector but I have a Gilbarco that I think is a 996 and its ad glass opening is slightly larger than then the meter opening. Yours appears to be the same sized openings...perhaps a 906 I need a panel but I’m confused between a 906 and 996. How were you able to identify your pump as a 996?
20 1,604 Read More
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana
52 minutes ago
We all complain about these people. Here is an easy opportunity to do something about it!
95 54,124 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
59 minutes ago
Thanks Paul
It is a bit rusty but fortunately only surface rust no holes.
4 112 Read More
2 hours ago
Dear Oldgas friends.

Do you know the story of the attractive young woman framed by a Kelly-Springfield tire that smiles at us from the billboards and magazine ads?

What about enjoying the Kelly old ads art by great illustrators such as Louis Mayer, Justin Gruelle, Laurence Fellows, the Master Peter Helck and the Streamliner train designer Otto Kulher, among others?

It is a pleasure to share with you the results of my ten-year research as a scholar especialized in the pioneer tire companies graphic design and advertising strategies (1880s-1930s). I’m a professor of Graphic Design subject at the University of Barcelona, Catalonia, a pasionated academic researcher and writer… and a collector too.

If you want to know more about the Kelly-Springfield Tire Co. and its amazing advertising history, download it in the link:
http://diposit.ub.edu/dspace/bitstream/2445/126382/155/41.pdf

There you will find an entire article devoted to Kelly written by me, accompanied by dozens of incredible images never published before. Surely it's worth looking at!

I hope you enjoy the fruits of my academic research, gathered in my Thesis dissertation dealing with the American pioneer tire industry: The Forgotten Years of Bibendum. Michelin’s American Period in Milltown: Design, Illustration and Advertising by Pioneer Tire Companies (1900-1930).

There you will find the story of other important tire companies such as Fisk, Gillette, Cupples, Lee, Republic, Hood, India and Miller, among others.

You can find them in the link:
http://diposit.ub.edu/dspace/handle/2445/126382

I wish you to be useful.

I'm looking forward to reading your comments and apportations to the topic!

Greetings from Barcelona, Catalonia.

Sincerely, Pau.

---------------------------------
Dr. Pau Medrano-Bigas
Professor of Graphic Design at the Grade of Design.
Department of Visual Arts and Design.
Sant Jordi Faculty of Fine Arts.
University of Barcelona.
------
Email (Department): pau.medrano.bigas@ub.edu
------
Member of GRACMON,
Research Group in
Contemporary Art and Design History,
University of Barcelona.
0 23 Read More
2 hours ago
Visiguage has been SOLD!
7 230 Read More
2 hours ago
That can would hold 5 gallons of petroleum product. It would usually sit on the side or in the back of a tank wagon that held various bulk products. It could just travel in a wagon or a pickup. It might hold a specialty fuel or oil. That can is post 1900. Early cans had no ribs/flutes, next were horizontal ribs. Later cans had the vertical ribs. That tag indicates that it was approved for sales in those states. Inside the top of the neck should be a brass tag that says something like "5 gallons to this point", with an arrow. I would vaguely say from the teens to the 30's for a date. My research indicates that these were not painted at all. I have some that are not painted. They are soda blasted, which gives a super smooth finish compared to sandblasting. In general I believe that is a fair price for that can with the company name. Some would argue higher, some lower. It is, of course, yours to paint or not paint to your liking.
1 134 Read More
3 hours ago
...the can dates from the postwar era...best to use some dish detergent to clean it up, as it's not to harsh...
1 58 Read More
Known & Suspected Unmarked Petro Reproductions
5 hours ago
The reproductions are getting better and over time it will be very difficult to distinguish between original and later produced. There are now "old" reproductions that collectors have had for years.
5 67 Read More
5 hours ago
That’s a pretty cool factoid thank you Jack
7 368 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
6 hours ago
@ 57-Chevy....Yep....me too...and it's really not easy to find these internal parts...I think it would be real cool when the meter will be driven by the original motor....
8 215 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
12 hours ago
Big Favorite, Lynchburg, VA...
5 404 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
12 hours ago
3 372 Read More
13 hours ago
gallon anti cans co op and amoco 10 ea-- Shell 15- CO OP and Amoco rough on back-- shell nice all sides no top--other anti freeze cans shown 5 to 35.00--anything of interest email me at dons.oilcans.signs@erols for prices- these and 5 qt cans left at www.oilnspeed.com site plus many new old car parts- speed parts etc- take a look- thanks don
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 85 Read More
13 hours ago
NICE pump! This is a little easier to see.

[Linked Image]
10 466 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
14 hours ago
Anyone have left over Tokheim 36 door trim? I am looking for the narrow short door trim. They are for a rustoration so they do not need to be real nice. I am also looking for a plated access door.
0 33 Read More
Yesterday at 09:44 PM
Awesome pumps Matt!!
48 1,806 Read More
For Sale Petroliana for Offers, Bids or Trades (unpriced)
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
Think this means "on sale here".Measures app.18" by 24" Will trade for AAA sign or?? Also consider offer.

The sign is tin and shows wear,scratches etc.
0 45 Read More
Welcome New Members
Yesterday at 08:42 PM
Welcome to OldGas!
4 68 Read More
Welcome New Members
Yesterday at 08:41 PM
Welcome to OldGas!
5 101 Read More
Petroliana News
Yesterday at 08:33 PM
Thanks for posting the photo, Kevin. Didn't "know" Brian by name, but I certainly recognize his face from many meets over the years. May he rest in peace. John
11 708 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved