Next Thread
Print Thread
#47817 Wed Apr 26 2006 12:48 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
i havent paid with paypal for a few months,i just paid for an item today.It usaully says paid but this time it says pending,then when i check the details it says will clear on May 1st.Is this a new thing,or is paypal backed up?The funds are there so why the hold up,it is a cash transfer from my checking accnt.thanks for any answers. Mike

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#47818 Wed Apr 26 2006 02:08 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mike after reading your thread I checked my palpay acct. and the two items I purchased in the last couple of days went right thru. I have been using paypal a little more than usual lately and have never received the message you got. Might want to go to your paypal acct and contract paypal and ask them to explain. Want to ensure that paypal received your money and not an outside source. Have received atleast two messages a day telling me I need to update my paypal info. Ofcourse not from paypal, but they keep trying. Good Luck.
Bob

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
#47819 Wed Apr 26 2006 02:53 PM
Hi Mike,
The pending thing is for funds that are requested from another financial institution and they are waiting for them to clear. The most common situation is the Paypal E-check. This usually takes 4 business days to clear. Paypal advises sellers not to ship until funds clear. Don't know why it takes 4 days in this electronic system. Credit card and Paypal balance payments are sent immediately.

Check your account to see if it is an E-check payment.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#47820 Wed Apr 26 2006 02:57 PM
J
J
If I may but in. This sounds like an echeque payment through Paypal rather than a debit/credit card instant payment. I have been paid with echeques several times and although Paypal say 4 days it's usually 10. Check which type of payment you made, if your card has been charged then query it with Paypal. Cheers, Johnnybgoode

#47821 Thu Apr 27 2006 04:54 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mike:

Sometimes it's not on 'your end' - but the 'other end'. The person receiving your payment may not have a valid e-mail, or there may be some other problem with getting the payment to them.

I had the same problem receiving payments thry PayPal recently. For some reason, the e-mail address that PayPal sent my payment notices to - suddenly wouldn't accept the e-mails. The e-mail program did not notify me of a problem - but as soon as I changed my PayPal account to go to a different e-mail address, everything worked fine.

Go figure ?

Later . . .

Jim

------------------
www.T-waysGraphics.com
Always buying Ethyl Globes, Ethyl Single Lenses & Misc Ethyl Items.

#47822 Thu Apr 27 2006 05:07 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
thanks guys,after 3 hours on paypal last night i figured it out.paypal will only pay instant if you have a backup funding source,my payments always come right out of my checking however my Visa card i used 3 years ago when i opened the paypal account had expired 2 months ago.I put my M.C. on there but since i already sent payment it is still being processed as a transfer of funds.thanks again. Mike

#47823 Sat Apr 29 2006 07:17 AM
G
G
Yep and when they say 4 days they mean 4 days, not 3 1/2!!! Bought a car for somebody and deposited his check into my bamk and it did indeed take 4 days!!

Happy motoring!!

Charlie

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved