Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15296 Sun Aug 12 2007 11:13 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Hey folks, I'm pretty new to gas pumps, and have a few questions for you all. I've had a pair of old pumps sitting around for a while, and finally had some time and money to work on them.

After painting,

and after new parts.

The pumps are Wayne model 10's, which I know are commercial or fleet pumps, as they do not have a dial to calculate price. The face also says something to the effect of "Not for Resale." Does anyone know about how old these critters are, or an approximate value? I don't expect them to be worth much more than the parts that I've put into them, including hoses, nozzles, and signage, but I would appreciate any guesses. The pump on the left is the more complete of the two, with all of the guts intact, and I duplicated the faceplate for the one on the right, as well as molded and cast a new nozzle "sleeve." I still need to cut some plexi for the window, and come up with a gasket to match the original. The parts all took a lot of beating with a hammer to straighten out, and I left many of the dents and dings for my own aesthetic value. I don't like them to look brand new.

Anyway, I hope this is enough information to get a ballpark figure. Mostly, I'd really like to know about how old they are, and appreciate any input anyone might have.

Thanks,

Matt

------------------
"The little bikes may be fun, like the industry people say, but Volkswagens are fun too, and so are BB guns. Big bikes, Ferraris and .44 Magnum revolvers are something beyond fun; they are man-made machines so powerful and efficient in their own realms they challenge a man's ability to control them, to push them to the limits of their design possibilities."
- RIP Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)

[This message has been edited by ItchyTriggerFinger (edited 08-12-2007).]

"The little bikes may be fun, like the industry people say, but Volkswagens are fun too, and so are BB guns. Big bikes, Ferraris and .44 Magnum revolvers are something beyond fun; they are man-made machines so powerful and efficient in their own realms they challenge a man's ability to control them, to push them to the limits of their design possibilities."
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#15297 Sun Aug 12 2007 11:22 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
hi matt,welcome to oldgas.the model 10ss are from around 1963 according to jacks book.value shown is 200.with the work youve done to em i am sure they are a little better than that.lookin good!mick ps a little white paint and some more mobil signage and that garage would make a cool station!!check vics place for gasket

[This message has been edited by oldnfuelish (edited 08-12-2007).]

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
#15298 Sun Aug 12 2007 12:07 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Matt,
Nice job. Your pump could also be a 11, 12, 13 or 14. They all looked alike, just something different inside.
I have a parts/repair manual (was in the box with the pump when it was delivered, new) available, and possibly some color ads. Just email me if you are interested.
Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identification book and Air Meter Identification book
Looking for more information on your pump? www.petrolianacollectibles.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#15299 Sun Aug 12 2007 02:10 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks very much for the help! They both have the original tags on the side identifying them as model 10's. The serial #'s are 0430986 and 913, and there is an H8 stamped on the tag to the right of both model and SNs.

The original paint was a solid dark red over the whole pump, and I assumed was unbranded. I figured I wouldn't be hurting them any by painting and sticking the Mobil stickers on there, but haven't drilled yet for the porcelain Contains Lead signs. Should I use stickers there as well? Or does it matter?

Jack, I am interested in the manual and ads, I'll send you an email today.

Thanks again guys,

Matt

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved