Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#19884 Fri Oct 05 2007 08:09 AM
D
OP Offline
D
I teach at Oxon Hill High School in Maryland and my students designed the plans for a garage and then we had it built. They now want to give it a little style by adding some memobilia. We are asking if anyone has any extra things that they might want to part with to help our cause. The idea is to make it look like an old retro gas station or garage. Even things that need a lot of work is fine as these would be additional projects for them. We are open to most anything. I can email you pictures etc.We will also send you a tax letter for any donations made to the school. Thanks in advance for your support.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#19885 Fri Oct 05 2007 03:43 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Have you thought of asking the ART department or local sign shops to re-create the painted signs ? Drafting/AutoCad could do the artwork for the sign company to copy.
jm2c
db

#19886 Fri Oct 05 2007 06:24 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you have a wood and metal shop you could design and build a visible gas pump, like DB suggested, get the art department to make the signs,.that way you can make everything to match... make it an all-school project.
I'm sure there are plenty of old pics in members hands so you could determine what signs would go with what brand.....gas,tires batteries etc. You wouldn't want Gulf maps in a Standard Station.
Maybe paint/design signs using your own artwork in school colors using the mascot as a brand?

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
#19887 Wed Oct 10 2007 09:10 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I went to school at DuVal High in Seabrook. Small World. We used to play you guys in sports all the time. I don't know about now though. It has been 18 Years since I was last there. I heard my school turned into a dump.

Anyway back to your question. I would go to an old junk yard and also look for old car parts. Old steering wheels look cool mounted on the wall. Maybe a set of old mags on the wall too. An old grill from a 60's or earlier vehicle. As for signs, I would go to the local swap meet and see what you can dig up. Maybe a trafic light too. The posibilites are endless.

Good Luck,
Mike (now living in California)

Mike

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved