Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Lookes like they have to be backed out to remove top they go throught. But beyond rusty. Any tricks out there? Except going bananas with a hammer, cutter and possibly pliers

Kris Strong
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
lots of lube and some heat

Looking for anything Hancock, Signal, Veedol/Flying A and Richfield
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I figured out a much easier way. First you design your plan, lay all the proper tools out, prepare your lubricant, give the pump a good stare, explain to it "Who's the boss" and then revert to plan B: Wrap a BIG MOTHER pipe wrench on and use brute strength. Quite easy after raging on it with the big wrench.

Kris Strong
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
If they break that makes it easier. But if you plan on replacing them anyway you could just cut them. But using a small propane torch & the big mother wrench helps a lot smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I soak everything 1st, if I'm thinking ahead, start a week or two before removing the bolts/nuts. pb-blaster, gibbs, and a mixture of acetone and atf. sprays work for getting into hard to reach spots. tt

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If the rods are threaded into the cast iron top plate, just cut the bolts in two and take the top to an experienced acetylene torch user and have him blow the threaded piece out of the cast iron. The steel bolt is softer than the cast iron and will blow out easily. Afterwards, just run a tap of the correct size and thread pitch through to clean the threads. Then acquire new rods. That's all there is to it....Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved