Next Thread
Print Thread
#326682 Thu May 17 2012 06:28 PM
S
slimert Offline OP
OP Offline
S
First off, great site!

I recently bought a Gilbarco gas pump I think it's a 906. It came with plastic doors and top. The doors seem very flimsy to me, and I am not sure the top will support the Shell milk glass globe without warping. Are there any options as far as buying reproduction metal parts? I would prefer the original parts but haven't found any.

Thanks in advance.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas.com!

I have seen plastic (ABS) doors being sold on e-Bay as wall hangers, sounds like someone may have bought them and put them on your pump. They could also be fiberglass pieces made by someone. The doors and the top were only available in steel for your pump.

If you place a want ad in the Petroliana Wanted forum you should have no problem finding some. 906's are common pumps and plenty or original and reproduction parts readily available.

Post some pictures.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm thinking that with plastic doors and top, you have a REPOP pump OR as Dave said, someone replaced missing parts w/ CHEAPER Plastic parts.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
About 20 years ago I purchased 100 pumps from a bulk plant. A couple of the Wayne 80s had fiberglass tops. These were the tall tops with no cutouts.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Pretty sure that your parts are aftermarket. I have used the plastic tops when doing a restoration. They work well but are not original. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

S
slimert Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The pump is original except for the 2 doors and top. I just not sure they are rigid enough. I'll try the wanted section, thank you all for the input.

gilbarco pump 3 24 12.jpg
Gilbarco pump

gilbarco pump1 3 24 12.jpg
Gilbarco pump panels

Last edited by slimert; Fri May 18 2012 05:09 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved