Next Thread
Print Thread
#366085 Sat Oct 27 2012 01:00 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Somebody asked about the pumps on boardwalk empire the other day. if they belonged to an old gasser and i dont think they did? I read that nucky thompson -"Enoch Lewis "Nucky" Johnson" in real life went to work for richfield oil company after he served his time.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Serialist #366089 Sat Oct 27 2012 03:15 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
most of that show is computer generated

dice. #366098 Sat Oct 27 2012 04:54 AM
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
I dont know about that....I have been to some of the places where this show has been filmed...and most are close to whats in the show. In one of the episodes there was a person working one of the pumps. If that was computer generated it was pretty good.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
57tbirdkid #366214 Sat Oct 27 2012 04:32 PM
D
D
I have one of the same standard oil gas sighns that was hanging over the top of those pumps lol...was pretty cool when i noticed it.

DarrenB #366269 Sat Oct 27 2012 11:13 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I grew up in Philadelphia during the late 30s into the 40s. It seemed like every other Sunday my mother would take us three kids, go down to the Reading RR station in the heart of Philly. and board the old coal burning train to Atlantic City.
I really remember going to A C to walk on the boardwalk on Easter. Me, my brother and sister in our Easter finest.

Looking at all the scenes in the show remind me of what the boardwalk looked like in those days, but unfortunately none of the scenes are being filmed in Atlantic City.

The series is being filmed in Brooklyn, NY. In a section of Brooklyn where they store overseas containers, they have built a replica of the boardwalk, on one side all the stores, on the other side a giantic green screen so when someone walks up to the ocean side of the boardwalk to look at the ocean, they are looking at a green screen.

The only thing I miss while watching the show is the smell of the freshly roasted peanuts coming from the Planters Peanut shop.

If you have the chance, go up the coast of New Jersey, Wildwood, Ocean City or Atlantic City, any one of these boardwalks, nothing like feeling a cool ocean breese, and holding hands with someone you really care for.

The so called "Good Old Days."

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sat Oct 27 2012 11:15 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #366413 Sun Oct 28 2012 03:10 PM
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
A couple of the scenes were filmed in queeens...a recent on in the last episode if eddys ice cream shop on metropolitian ave. That place is a blast from the past look it up.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved