Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#529952 Mon Apr 21 2014 10:09 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
o.k., i've decided that the second pump on my island project will be sinclair "ethyl". pump will have a red body with white doors (96c). i just cant decide which ad glass to use in this one based on whats available.

here's whats available that seem to be appropriate for the pump:
1) yellow ethyl script, yellow isnt sinclair colors, but is "ethyl" appropriate color.

2) red ethyl script. red matches pumpcolors.

3) ethyl logo. this is the one i'm leaning towards.

4) red sinclair. i like this one, but think the solid red background will draw too much eye focus to the adglass in the white door & away from the pump as a whole.

5) this is what i really want & would buy in a heartbeat if it were reproduced, but havent found anything repop on this one.

looking for second opinions & recommendations on which you think would work best.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
sellersrodshop #529958 Mon Apr 21 2014 10:32 PM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Steve the last pic you posted is correct according to gas pump restoration book. Jim ( T-ways@email.com ) can make them for you.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Loyd Pierce #529961 Mon Apr 21 2014 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would use the red back round if I were doing it. The door will be white, white computer faces and white back round ad glass is a lot of white. The red ad glass will "pop" and tie in the red body of the pump.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Loyd Pierce #529978 Mon Apr 21 2014 11:53 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Loyd Pierce
Steve the last pic you posted is correct according to gas pump restoration book. Jim ( T-ways@email.com ) can make them for you.

DB referred me to t-way also. only thing is, according to his website, the ad glasses he makes aren't recommended for outdoor use & you know these things will be cooking in my yard. you know anyone who does concrete? looking to get this pad poured in front of the shop (17x37). so far, nobody has showed up to give an estimate...

MATT ALVAREZ #529980 Mon Apr 21 2014 11:59 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ
I would use the red back round if I were doing it. The door will be white, white computer faces and white back round ad glass is a lot of white. The red ad glass will "pop" and tie in the red body of the pump.

the other pump will be an "H-C" with the white ad glass & was afraid the red one might throw everything off balance. i may throw some red paint on a piece of scrap & stick it in there when i get a little further along & see what it looks like. as much paint work & design as i do i can see it in my mind beforehand & know what it will look like about 99% of the time, but this has fallen into that 1%...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved