Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
The owner of the Hays Visible gas pump on page 197 of Jacks new gas pump book has asked me to make an offer on his unusual pump. The pump is all there although the eared cap has been broke in two pieces but fixable. I'd have to drive about 600 miles roundtrip to get it. It is located in a small town in the middle of farm country. Like most people I would like to get a good buy but I don't won't to insult him either. What is a reasonable price to offer?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
I've had good luck telling owners I didn't want to insult them and ask what price would they be happy with. Most times it's been lower than what I would have started at. A couple of times their price was so far away from my top dollar I didn't make a counter offer.

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Tim.... Could you let us know how you come out with your pump.... I have a neighbor with the same exact Hayes.... and would like an idea as to what it would take to get away from him..... thanks

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved