Next Thread
Print Thread
#18117 Tue Jul 02 2002 08:24 PM
+
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
+
At the Columbus Show this past june A gentleman had a tall M&S 80 For sale, it was painted in Polly Gas colors, well almost, the green was olive drab gloss instead of the bright green I've seen elsewhere, although I thought his pump was great in the new O.D.green , I over heard an other man say that it wasn't correct and he would never sell it, and that got me thinking that some people in the hobbie look at a pump like an artist does a canvas, while others look at a pump with perserving it in elagent form as if it would be judged in a tour de elegance. Is eather one wrong ? Idon't think so. but my hats off to this gentleman for giving me a new look at my pumps. thanks

Chris Holt
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#18118 Tue Jul 02 2002 08:53 PM
A
A
Chris,
I also restore and race old sports cars. In that hobby we have some clubs that are purists that will not allow anything newer than 1959 and other clubs that run Mustangs that are faster than "vintage" Cobras! The hobby has to be big enough for everyone or it rapidly becomes no fun for anyone.
Lee

#18119 Tue Jul 02 2002 10:07 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Chris...I field tons of calls from people asking nearly the same question you are, and my answer to them is always the same: "IT IS UP TO YOU"!!! Yes, there are correct colors for certain brands, but everybody has to do what makes them happy. We probably all go overboard in our "pristine" restorations anyway, you've gotta know that pumps were never glossy slick with perfect chrome, at least not for very long. My advice is do something that is pleasing to you, even if you are reselling the pump, if you really dig it, chances are someone else will to.
Seth/Vic's Place

P.S. How did the A38 door work out??

#18120 Wed Jul 03 2002 01:23 PM
+
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
+
Seth,
The doors for the A-38 worked out great! Thanks again , when I'm done I'll send some pic's One things for sure it will be different

Chris Holt

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved