Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45851 Fri Feb 07 2003 08:49 AM
B
beasly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I have just finished restoring an American 204-V 5 gal. visible. It turned out rather well. The only thing I need to make it totally complete is one of the sets of gears in the pump handle gear box. I posted this request approx. 6 months ago when I started this project and failed to get even one reply. I've e-mailed many sources I've seen on this site and most times I don't even get a reply. I'm sure with all the people who visit this site that someone would have an idea where to find these gears or an old junk pump that I could buy to get them out of. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
A great gentleman by the name of Chuck Pergl
(Gas Pump Globes in NY) was a lot of help in giving me all the dimensions of the gears,but had no idea of where to find them.
Again, any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#45852 Fri Feb 07 2003 10:51 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Beasly, you are not being ignored. The part you are seeking is not commonly just laying around. One thing about restoring pumps is you have to have patience, especially on the very old/rare ones. Just keep posting your request. Miles Little has numerous visible parts. Give him a shout. (704) 888-4639

#45853 Fri Feb 07 2003 11:01 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Is it a staight cut gear?? If it is, go to an industrial supply house that sells Browning products or power transmission products. They can usually get off the shelf gears that might work , may have to bore or sleeve the hole or make them thinner, drill holes etc. If its an oddball, you will have to make it yourself, scrounge at scrapyards or be nice to your local friendly Machinist. Just dont be surprised that you cant do it for 50.00 and cant have it in 2 days. I have made at least several gears for odd ball stuff, you are looking for a low speed gear and accuracy isnt the big factor. email me a bit more info.. dodogas@teus.net might be able to give you more info, Frank

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved