Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47099 Tue Jun 24 2003 11:18 PM
M
MM Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Can anyone tell me how you reset the computer to zero's on a 1066? The dials all move... hooked it to a drill and it still works.... I just can't figure out how to get the numbers back to 000. Thanks!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#47100 Tue Jun 24 2003 11:59 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Dont know how old that pump is but usually just turn the reset crank handle..

#47101 Wed Jun 25 2003 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
MM:

If it's a standard Veeder-Root computer unit it should have a horizontal shaft that runs across the unit that has (or should have) a handle attached to it for resetting (if the pump is still assembled, that is). This shaft will be almost centered on the side of the VR unit.

If the handle is missing, you can get a replacement from the vendors listed elsewhere on this site.

If you have the unit out of the pump (or the side skin off) - slide the tip of a screwdriver through the slot on the shaft and spin the shaft. It will only go one way and will continue to turn until all the numbers are reset at '000'.

Hope this helps!

Later . . .

Jim

#47102 Fri Jun 27 2003 12:07 AM
M
MM Offline OP
OP Offline
M
It does have a VR unit.... mine is a little different. It doesn't have a handle to reset... someone who specializes in Bennett's said they were an electric reset and used a button? At any rate I have tried turing the center shaft and can't get it to reset. Its a little frustrating... it all work but can't figure this silly part out. Soon I should have a digi camera and maybe I can post a pic and can explain it more clearly...? BTW the computer is out of the pump... the whole thing is disassembled (the pump) and I have been dinking with the computer to figure it out....

#47103 Fri Jun 27 2003 06:17 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
MM:

Even if it was an electric reset - it still needed to turn a mechanical shaft to reset the VR. Unless the entire computer is electronic - which it doesn't sound like.

Figure out where the electric motor for the reset was located in your frame and that should tell you where it attached to the VR unit. Sometimes you need to be a little aggressive with the reset to get it to break free and start turning. Once you find the correct connection, try working it back and forth until it resets. I have found that the VR must be in the installed position for the reset to function correctly - so make sure the VR unit is upright while you try to reset it.

If all else fails - post a picture and we'll try again.

Later . . .

Jim

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved