Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40029 Sat May 15 2004 05:27 AM
O
OP Offline
O
Help if you can. I have an eco 97 it continues to run when the lever is lifted and no air is required. It has an air leak at the bottom of the main valve ( the little sq. hole). I have replaced the main valve, the check valve the diaphram but still has the problem can anyone help me. Thanks, Old Bill

Bill
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#40030 Sat May 15 2004 07:13 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bill, I'll send you these Service Bulletin(s) but here's what it says-

"M-113A
Prior to March, 1951 it was necessary to disassemble the mechanism to service the check valve. Figure 1 shows the old design, which requires removal of the diaphragm to service the check valve. (See Service Bulletin M-81A).
Since March, 1951, the check valve has been located as shown in Figure 2. Of course, it is first necessary to remove the mechanism from the housing. (See Service Bulletin M-82).
The orifice plug shown in Figure 2 is made of stainless steel and normally should not require replacement. However, if exceptionally bad operating conditions make replacement necessary, the orifice plug can be extracted as indicated in Figure 2. Then, invert the diaphragm cover and properly align the new orifice plug with the receiving hole in the casting, so as to avoid damaging the orifice plug when driving it into place.
CAUTION: The orifice plug should be driven in as far as possible against its shoulder, employing a BRASS rod so as not to damage the seat on the plug. NOTE: In case a new diaphragm cover is ordered, the orifice plug will already be installed in the casting."
Ron Scobie
c/o Ron Scobie Enterprises
7676 - 120th Street North
Hugo, MN 55038-9426
Phone - (651) 653-6503
Email - rscobie@gaspump.com
Website - http://www.gaspump.com

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun