Next Thread
Print Thread
#46896 Thu Sep 09 2004 08:22 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
A fellow collector was nice enough to send me a picture of his Hayes X502 so I could see what a faceplate looks like. Now I have to figure out how to make one. Does anyone out there have a good suggestion.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#46897 Thu Sep 09 2004 08:59 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Yes Tim, if you could get a good close up of that finished face plate. and the correct measurments. Email them and call Jim Treadway from Vintage-logos he can make you a vinyl one or send him the old face plate along with that finished image. but call him first to see if he can do it. thats one way. HTH. that is if Ron Scobie doesn't have any. check our website for a look at the Black A-38 faces T-way made. they look great on a pump instead of the old white. good luck.

------------------
Dwaine. PCA member.

www.vintage-logos.com

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 09-09-2004).]

#46898 Fri Sep 10 2004 05:25 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
If TWay can't help you find a sign shop equipped with computer and program to scan and cut it out of vinyl like Dwaine says. One of my son-in-laws did a lot of this kind of good stuff for me when he ran a sign shop a few years ago. Broke my bubble when he quit.

#46899 Fri Sep 10 2004 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tim:

I can certainly help you out if you want to reproduce the faceplate.

A sign shop will be able to cut you new vinyl that will duplicate the larger type - but they can't do the fine detail of the smaller type or the 'logo' area above the '10'.

The only problem I can see is coming up with a suitable background color. My output shops will not be able to reproduce the metallic silver. The best we could do is a matching grey. Or we can (possibly) go with a clear background and you can apply the decal to a pre-made steel/aluminum faceplate. I'd have to check.

Shoot me an e-mail when you're ready to get started.

Later . . .

Jim

------------------
http://www.vintage-logos.com

#46900 Fri Sep 10 2004 07:25 AM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Check with Ron Scobie. He's got a huge list of plates. They are top quality too. Got a set for my Bennett 77 clock face and they were super.
Jeff

#46901 Fri Sep 10 2004 03:40 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Unfortunatly Ron does not carry this faceplate. The owner who is in another state is more than willing to have the faceplate scanned. I was thinking that he could have the images burned to a CD and then i could take it to a sign shop like you are suggesting. What I don't know is "What to tell the person scanning. Do it in the highest resolution, full size, 256 color,JPG, GIF, BMP etc, etc. Any tips there on what to ask for?

#46902 Fri Sep 10 2004 05:19 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Tim , T-way is off for the weekend. If you do not have the old plates. ask the guy for the exact measurments , holes if pos. then really, all you need is some good digital pictures, with a high pix, 1200 or so. I think that would look good on white. and T-way can do that no prob. or if you want to pay up , you can have screens made one for each color. have some aluminum plates made and you have control of it, sell a few if there's a call for them. thats one reason Ron doesn't have them, no call. good luck buddy. you can call T-way on monday.
1-586-986-8286

------------------
Dwaine. PCA member.

www.vintage-logos.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved