Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9984 Sun Aug 12 2007 08:07 PM
R
OP Offline
R
have via an auctioneer friend .. a unique, if not rare... small TEXACO oiler complete with its original storage container .. hes been around a day or two and said he had never seen a nice old one like this .. as were not much into such things, i havent either ..

sure wish i knew how to do pic and computer things .. anyway we will try and discribe it ..

- a round pressed steel can... 6 1/2" tall overall and 1 3/4" diameter with a 3"+ long metal, needle style spout .. the storage container states... enables you to get protective lubricaant into hard too get at places ..
- this nifty 3oz texaco home lubricant container is in exceptionally nice... near mint condition with virtually little wear ..
- the full color illustrated scenic house and garages setting, surround graphics, are brightly painted directly on the metal body ..
- the complimenting round full color 7x2" storage container by the texas company usa, is also in great shape ..

thought this inquiring mind would see as to to what the board experts might have to say regarding any other available info or value about this little gem ..

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#9985 Sun Aug 12 2007 08:29 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I used to have a, 650 different, handy-oiler collection. If it what I think it is, it is from the 1950s or 1960s, and is fairly common. A picture would be great.

Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identification book and Air Meter Identification book
Need ECO parts? www.petrolianacollectibles.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#9986 Sun Aug 12 2007 09:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hate to pop your bubble, BUT the EARLY ones were oval shaped w/ a lead spout & cap like this; http://cgi.ebay.com/Texaco-1920-s-OVAL-h...1QQcmdZViewItem
then an oval RED with the building around the bottom. The next version was the round ones like you are describing.
Cans are lithographed printed [like newspapers by a printing press], not painted or screened on.
ENJOY what you have because of the condition it is in & the container it came in.
db

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved