Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Hello my friends. I hope all of you are doing well and I appreciate you taking a look at my post.

Here is a recent find of mine that it seems some of you may enjoy and I would appreciate some feedback on. I am not able to find anything like this item via the research I have done. You can see the pictures of the item below.

The top is a bit rusted, but it does have the Wolf's Head emblem on it with it also saying Wolf's Head Oil Refining Company Oil City, PA. Does anyone know when Wolf's Head was in Oil City, PA?? It could help date this item.

Has anyone ever seen one like this and is it even still collectable in this condition? Thank you all once again in advance for any assistance you may provide. Please take care and have an awesome day as well as week ahead my friends! : )

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
its from the 1970s-90s. I think they left Oil City in the 90s. The value is not much for that. Even if it was mint, you might get 20-50 bucks for a trash can.

Last edited by always lookin; Sun Feb 26 2012 05:49 PM.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Alot of collectors will use these for all kinds of purposes, trash cans, tables, etc. Locally I've seen even modern painted cans get $100+ in nice shape. Not so much for stickered versions.

If it still has the contents it's actually worth more for it than the can though.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
F
OP Offline
F
Thank you for the response always lookin and carolinaskies. It is greatly appreciated.

From the research I have done the style of the wolf with the red line above and below it on the can seems to be similar to what they used for advertising purposes in the 1960's and 1970's. It is empty so no value in the air that remains inside of it... : )

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
The shutoff spicket cleaned up and polished probably has as much value as the barrel, But there is someone out there that would want it I'm sure. I drove 1020 miles for one produced in the late 20s-early 30s as it was the company I collect, and was tickled to get it. But they are not for everyone.
Fellow that had mine,had a bet with a friend, he could sell it or he had to give it to friend to make grill out of. Best fifty dollars I spent as I saved a part of history.

Last edited by Loyd Pierce; Sun Feb 26 2012 07:47 PM.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
F
OP Offline
F
Awesome post Loyd! Thank you so much for sharing. I appreciate it. It is cool saving history from the trash dump/pile. : )

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved