Next Thread
Print Thread
#310721 Fri Mar 09 2012 06:12 AM
F
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
F
I was wondering if anyone can help me identify my newly purchased Gilbarco gas pump. What year it was built? The model number is 996A17G. I'm guessing this is the 996 series? I'll try to send some pictures to assist. Are there any other ways of identifying a pump other than pictures and the serial number? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Firewater45

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The answer to your question is here:

www.petrocollect.com

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack's site has a lot of gas pump and air meter information available. You should visit there.

The Gilbarco 996 was made from 1947 to 1955, according to Jack's book, Illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps. There is an old Blue Book of gas pump production where one can look up the year produced according to the serial number. If you posted the serial number here, you could get the year if a member would look it up in their book. A picture posted here will usually get you the make & model identification provided by one of the many knowledgeable gas pump enthusiasts who are members of this forum.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved