Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Have you ever run across the pesky little @#!! clamps used on wayne 70's to hold the stainless steel bezels in place ?

I know I have and they are really a pain. They are made of pot metal and are peened to the trim bezels. When you try to install the trim they just pop loose. Due to time, corrosion etc they pop off very easily and are not prone to reattachment. Who knew you could purchase #0 machine screws (from Mcmaster Carr)? Thay are small enough to do the job and still have the glass fit !

I simply drilled 2 small holes(about 1/16") through the formerly peened area. I drilled from the other side following the new hole but with a bit large enough to sink the nut. I put it all together using a teeny tiny washer and it holds like (or better then) a champ.

Thanks Mcmaster Carr !

I am fininshing 2 70's and will post finished photos of both within a week or so. I did one Sinclair Dino and the other Flying A in a red and green paint scheme.

Hope this post helps anyone distraught by those ridiculous clamps. See photos and feel free to ash questions.

SW

wayneClamp2.jpg wayneClamp3.jpg wayneClamp1.jpg wayneClamp4.jpg

Always looking for more pumps, meters and signs.
Some say it is a problem, I say it is a solution
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great tip.i know I've had that problem!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I JB Weld the POT METAL pcs to Stainless Trim.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved