Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#329807 Fri Jun 01 2012 03:22 AM
P
pzed2 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I am a newbie to gas pump restorations and I need some help with the pump I have. It is marked model 300xp it has the reset handle on the same side as the nozzle and hose. There is no sight glass but there is an aluminum plate that covers the sight glass manifold halfway down on the same side as the nozzle. The veeder root is a three wheel and the number on it is prefaced with a 56. I am missing the face plates and I need to know which ones I need and if anyone has them other wise the pump is very complete.Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
pzed2 #329842 Fri Jun 01 2012 07:17 AM
N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
Post pics of the pump please

Notchcad #330042 Fri Jun 01 2012 10:19 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
First I would advise you to have information on pumps before you go out buying one. As for pictures, all 300s look alike.

I believe you have one-half of a Tokheim 300 Twin. I cannot find anything to tell me what the "X" means, but if you had a copy of my Gas Pump ID book you would notice the P means that the door or doors have ad glass panels.

Sight glasses were governed by the laws of the city, county, state you were in. Some of the above required them, but then in the 50's they started to dissappear. If they broke, the repairman would simply put a pice of sheet metal over the opening and shut if off.

Faces were all the same, you should have no problem finding a pair, the computer is probably the correct one. Just get Joe to rebuild it for you.

If you are looking for information about your pump just go to Ebay, type in 'GAS PUMP LITERATURE A88"

For pictures of your pump and my Gas Pump ID book see my website (the largest website devoted to the petro hobby, over 10,000 images) see: www.petrocollect.com

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Fri Jun 01 2012 10:21 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved