Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#348457 Tue Aug 14 2012 04:19 PM
G
OP Offline
G
What are the paint codes for a sinclair green and I would assume the white is a regular white? thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
OMG!
Which Time Period?

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

G
OP Offline
G
my pump is not close to me and the globe is a newer globe the guy restoring it asked for the paint code so I asked. I didnt know it was that difficult I will just send him the globe and have it done that way.....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm Not hiding behind a FAKE User NAME [as most on here], Real Name, City, State w/ email listed in Profile.
Originally Posted By: Oldgas
Experts usually recommend that gas pump restorers have the paint store match the colors in the globe, sign or decal being used for the pump.

Old paint listings and color chip books from years ago often don't yield good matches. The components of modern paints are vastly different from years ago, making conversions from old formulas difficult. The results are usually disappointing.

One excellent resource is the book, "PCM Guide to Gas Pump Restoration" because of its 1100 pictures of gas pump paint schemes for various brands and grades of the old days. The book is out of print, but copies are sometimes available through Amazon.com. Click on the linked book title. PCM is in the process of trying to bring the book out again in digital CD format someday.

A question on Paint codes is asked every week, instead of doing a simple search. Even long time SINCLAIR collectors don't have all the different paint codes & you never stated what time period.

Robert, I was
Born a Dick &
I'll die a Dick

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
shocked Ouch! Can't we all just get along? The Sinclair white is a little "grayish" not pure white. I was at Iowa Gas and bought a Signal Gas pump plate,repo. I will take it to an Ace Hardware or Home Depot and they will match the colors EXACTLY by computer to use for a pump restoration. You could do the same with a Sinclair decal or any flat surface. I'll gladly help anyone on here if I can. Ed in Tucson.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just restored a gilbarco 96 c , took a original 1960 Sinclair pump plate to my local auto tire and parts store and they are a dupont dealer .They took a picture of the Dino and came up with a paint for me . The paint I used is a single stage paint and it's their secondary line called nason 2k urethane . The code off my quart can is GS354 IB . GS standing for green shade 354 is the code and IB I think tells them it's a single stage , this color was a little lighter green than I was expecting but it does match the original pump plate , my suggestion is to have them use this as a starting point and have them mix and darken the green to suit your Personal preference , I am a hillbilly that uses his wifes i phone to post from so I do not know how to post an image or I would. I hope this helps you some just from my own recent experience .

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved