Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
I'm seeing some different versions of 42" gas and motor oil texaco signs where one version had the 'Reg US Pat Off' with 'Made by the Texaco company USA' and another has 'Reg TM' with 'Made by the Texaco Company' without the 'USA'. Understand they went from US Pat to Reg TM in about 1930 but confused about the dropping of 'USA'. Was the 'USA' legitimately dropped about the same time, if at all, or does this signify a 'foreign' (whatever that means) sign, or a fake. Wendell (Old Iron) and I have been checking this out and so far cannot come up with a definitive answer. Hoping someone out there knows. Thanks.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ive had the exact same coke sign one from 55 one from 56 the 55 said reg us pat the 56 said reg trademark

Hunt long and hard the good stuff still out there.
Jonathan lowry.
D
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
D
My DSP 42" Texaco is dated 1935 and has the REG. T.M. and no USA. I don't think my sign is foreign and I know for darn sure the sign isn't a fake!
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
L
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
Seems that after discussing this the Alex, Blacktee and Wendell that Pre 30's had the 'USA' and 'US PAT' markings and after that point the USA was dropped and US PAT went to REG TM. It seems some (or most...but maybe not all?) were stamped about the 6 o'clock position with the date right at the outside rim. Thanks for the replies all.

Last edited by Leverhead; Tue Oct 16 2012 12:57 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved