Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#369917 Tue Nov 13 2012 04:58 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Does anyone happen to know the approximate rpm of the input shaft on most Veeder Root meters to make them run at normal speed of the original pump? I have a bunch of small gear motors that might work to adapt to the pump to make the meter run as if it were actually pumping gas on a restored display pump. I saw a nice Tok 39 tall that had been rigged that way with a recirculating pump that pumped orange antifreeze through the sight glasses while running the meter when you lifted the pump handle switch. It looked and sounded pretty cool.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
When motorizing a Veeder Rooter. Pumps from that time period normally delivered 10 gallons per minute. It takes 4 revolutions of the input shaft on the bottom of the computer to deliver a gallon of gasoline. 10 x 4 = 40 RPM which should be the correct speed for a computer.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Dave. After I posted the question, I put a computer on the bench and figured out the 4:1 ratio but wasn't sure how fast they pumped. The gear motors i have are a lot slower than 40 rpm so I think they will be too slow. I appreciate your input....Gary

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Depends on how far ya pull the trigger [Watching a Young Girl or Old Lady pumping gas on other side of pumps!] whether you use a 20-60RPM motor. LOL

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved