Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
OK, this might not be strictly 'petro' - but enough folks use these lights on their 'country store/gas station' set-up that I thought it'd be OK to post this here...

...a buddy of mine has this shade (just the shade) and would like to use it...can anyone tell me what kind of hardware he'll need (he can get a goose neck bent) to make this shade functional - and the best place to find it? The lip on top is 2" in diameter...thanks in advance for your assistance...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here's the part your bud will need. I've gotten mine from farms and antique flea markets. Tough little part to find on it's own, I've bought complete lights just for that part!!! Dave

photo (25).JPG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I believe, Kevin FIRTH can find a Wayne 60 showcase a lot easier than your friend will find that socket assembly.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
McMaster Carr used to carry the porcelain sockets and the metal adapter for the sockets.

I haven't needed such adapters for years...

Another note, the two Electrical Supply stores and the electrical contractors, I worked for; all had such items, in our extra "parts" bins... Might check with a local Electrical Contractor that does Commercial work... They might have the parts needed, stuck in a corner?...

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I have seen modern plastic screw together receptacles that will fit these so no need for the 3-set screw routine. But metal looks much better. Also there are repop lights with unpainted shades on the market so maybe doing a bit of a google search will help find a good source.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
I believe, Kevin FIRTH can find a Wayne 60 showcase a lot easier than your friend will find that socket assembly.

...heh, that's because Kevin doesn't have to find them - all he has to do is sit and wait for a phone call, and peel a few bills off of the top of the roll...won't be long before he won't even have to drive to pick them up...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
LSx Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage

this

-Brian

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved