Hello all,

So what aspects do you like most about collecting petro? Im a relatively young guy (26) but history has always facinated me. As young as 9 I got my first Sun Oils sign from my great grandmother and the rest is history. Very few friends of mine understand my hobby, they say " have you found any more gas tanks this week" I hate this because theyre PUMPS but oh well. I love the fact that it gives me the opportunity to hit the hill country on a Sunday afternoon. I get to see Gods country while meeting some very nice people and occasionally getting a pump.
I do agree that we should do every thing to preserve the past and nothing makes me feel better than getting an old rust bucket from a farmer, hearing all the stories he has about it, fixing it up and knowing I will give it to my future son/daughter someday. Being in Texas there are alot of towns and back roads to explore. Many places I have found are beautiful and there is a sense of quiet rarely found in the city,Im lucky to be in a hobby that puts me in that place.So what about you guys?