Hey folks, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Tom, a 35yo scientist from Dallas. I finally have a real job and have decided to put together my dream car garage. I have a few hotrods now and needed something to spruce up the garage. I got on eBay and immediately became addicted to petroliana.

Although the addiction is new, the love for old gas station stuff is not. When I was a teenager I bought an old Tolkheim pump and "restored" it myself. I acquired an original (hopefully) Mobilgas Special globe and then a matching shield (see below). I also bought a single Sky Chief lens.

Now the addiction has become severe. I just bought a 6' Texaco sign and am bidding on just about everything I see on eBay. Luckily I'm cheap and lose most of the auctions I bid on. I'm also a bit spooked about the fakes I keep hearing about. I limit myself to bidding on stuff people wouldn't likely fake (cheap and big).

On the way to picking up the Texaco sign, I ran into a guy with a large (6' maybe) Amlico sign, decent shape with no ring or post. I haven't been able to find much info on Amlico--is this something that would be a desirable piece? What would be a decent price to pay for this sign. It is in slightly worse shape than the one pictured here, but without the mount: http://www.gassigns.org/amlico.htm Not the coolest sign, but different.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, and maybe get a little feedback on the sign.

Thanks, Tom

Tom