Hello, I am confused. I bought an Erie pump from a man who purchases it directly from a bulk gas plant in our local town. He said the pump is exactly as he bought it and he has no reason not to tell the truth. After buying it, I posted photos online and the confusion started. First, they said it had the wrong faceplates and they also notices, it had no chrome piece at the bottom. They said maybe the bottom of the frame was shortened and the chrome had been taken off. In that case, the doors would have had to be trimmed and then the side bottoms would be even with the door bottoms. But those modifications should not have affected the pumps meter-(dial numbers). They seem to be sitting higher in the glass window than all the ones I’m finding. I thought maybe the white faceplates had been cut but after taking them both off, I put them back to back and they both are EXACTLY the same height. I don’t see how anyone could trim those plates so perfect. They both even have a slight angle down in the corners of both sides. This had to be done in the factory. Do you know what is going on? Wrong sides? Wrong doors? Wrong faceplates? Modified frame? (I don’t see where bottom could have been cut) I’m not trying to restore it. I just wanted to add lighting and pass Howard’s restore a finish on it to show patina. However, I did want the meter and faceplate area to look factory. As it sits now, there is a big gap below and above the numbers. If I simply buy two new larger faceplates, it seems the gap will still remain at the bottom, and the top part will be too high. (because the meter looks like it is dead center of the glass) Not towards the bottom like all others I see. The last photo is faceplates that I have found that are larger than the ones I have. Please help! Thanks
Scott LaFleur

I buy Pan-Am stuff!