Next Thread
Print Thread
#70702 Thu Aug 19 2004 10:12 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Please beware. I had Don Idoni pick up auto dealer signs for me.Instead of delivering them to me from Calif. to Houston, TX. he is attempting to sell them. One sign is a 12 ft. tall vertical neon/porcelain arrow with the word "Chevrolet" spelled out. The second sign is approx. 6 ft. wide X 5 ft. tall. It is a used car dealership sign that has a Chevrolet Bow Tie inset. The sign is dark blue and white porcelain neon. The third sign is a Plymouth 2-sided early opal glass sign that is also. It is approx. 4 ft. x 4 ft. with early Plymouth lettering and artwork.
He is attempting to sell them as a package. The signs are on a rented Penske truck driven by his partner, Rob. He has been seen this past week in the Midwest, OK. Illinois and possibly Indiana. If anyone has a lead on him please eamil or call 800 829-8265.
Thanks,

Ralph white

#70703 Thu Aug 19 2004 11:42 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Don't I remember this name from last fall? We all need to keep a close look out for these signs. Sorry to hear about this Ralph. Good luck and I hope you get them back.
Will be passing the word on to other gas people not on here.
Don

[This message has been edited by Oldgas (edited 08-20-2004).]

#70704 Fri Aug 20 2004 07:11 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
In any hobby, when the money gets big, the bad people come in. Some come as brazen, I don't care people. Some come as your friend and call themselves "experts" then go behind your back for kill.

#70705 Fri Aug 20 2004 07:47 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW! THAT'S SOME SERIOUS BADBOY STUFF...WHY DOES THIS CONTINUE?

GOOD LUCK ON TOTAL RECALL!

DOC @ TAG/WEST
drcoke@optonline.net

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#70706 Fri Aug 20 2004 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ralph:

I Dom in fact has absconded with your merchandize. Call the police. Tell them what you know and feed them any information you might receive from members on this site. If the theft value is large enough - you might be able to get a national APB out on him and the driver. I'm sure being stopped and hauled into jail will get his attention.

Just my 2-cents worth (okay maybe 50-cents! LOL)

Later . . .

Jim

------------------
http://www.vintage-logos.com

#70707 Fri Aug 20 2004 11:14 AM
Online Cool
Mr. Idoni has contacted me by phone and threatened to shut down Oldgas.com through litigation in Federal court. I have agreed to remove the comments in this topic that are threatening to him or used unacceptable language according to the Shop Talk Membership Agreement . I offered to allow him to respond on Shop Talk in this topic and promised that if he would do so, I would remove all other replies save Mr. White's original post. He refused to accept my offer of equal time at no cost to him.

This conflict is between Mr. White and Mr. Idoni. Mr. White has stated his comments and Mr. Idoni has declined to respond on this forum. I edited and closed this topic to preclude any objectionable content that may be posted while Mr. Idoni considers his legal options.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved