Next Thread
Print Thread
#65127 Mon Apr 25 2005 12:49 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
I would like to personally thank Roy for a great bash, Mike Slama for a donated pair of new Mohawk Lenses, Seth from Vics 66 for his generous donation of a gift certificate and items, Time Passages, and the many other vendors donating goods and services.
A special thanks to Greg Dravis for the nice plaques he made and were given to the vendors to commemorate the bash.
Lets all remember to support these guys that support us in the hobby. Oh yeah, happy birthday to Blackie.
Larry
PremoPetrol

larry ivy
#65128 Tue Apr 26 2005 06:30 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Thanks for the recognition, Roy sat in my booth at Del Mar Goodguys and we BS'd for awhile. He told me about the big donation his show makes to the Make A Wish Foundation
(I think that's the name of the charity), so I would have to say thanks to Roy for letting us be a part of his blessing to kids. We get solicited 2-3 times a day by car shows, swap meets, etc. for goodie bag items/door prizes and though we would like to get to all of them, we put the non-profit groups who donate to children's charities at the front of the line. Most of you know that I've got a corral full of kids at home, so that sort of charity speaks directly to me. For those of you who don't know Roy (I really didn't until Del Mar) he is a big 'ol boy that seems to be very easy going & easy to talk with. Again, thanks Roy for letting us participate.

Seth/Vic's '66' www.vicsplace.com

#65129 Tue Apr 26 2005 04:26 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Roy Reed does this every year at his bash. It was Jeff Pederson's [General Pet. Museum] favorite charity & Roy does it in his memory.
He has a raffle on both days, both raffles last about 30 min.
My guess is he raised $2,000-$3,000 this year.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved