Next Thread
Print Thread
#89468 Sun Feb 04 2007 09:24 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
This may look like a nice pump but yesterday it gave us a whole lot of problems, it started last weekend coming home from in auction in Richmond Indiana,We were driving down route 18 into Fowler when my dad spotted the pump,the nice gentleman sold it to us and we were told to come back whenever we could. Yesterday we gave him a call saying we would be coming for the pump.Anyway the pump still worked so the pipe was still on and in 9 degress weather with the wind it was tourture, finally we ended up cutting the bolt to release the pipe, that was the easy part. What the guy didnt tell us was the the pump base was about an inch in solid concrete, so we had to find a method to get the base free, we ended up taking a sludge hammer and hitting the base to crack the concrete along the sides and then scrap it away with a shovel finally it knocked free!! I was happy but couldnt feel my legs !!lol- after that we had a little trouble cutting the motor out but it was all good, all the bolts came undone easily and day2 its ready for the sandblaster...

Thanks,
Dustin Balduff

Dustin Balduff
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#89469 Sun Feb 04 2007 09:57 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Good story. Stories are what make "finds" lasting memories. I don't feel like I'm the only one who runs into stumbling blocks now. Keep sharing the pictures as your resto progresses. I love seeing pictures of peoples projects. Are you going to paint it? I have recently began painting and I have found PPG Chromabase base coat clearcoat easy to work with. I tried a Nason brand that was sold by the PPG dealer and hated it terribly. It stayed sticky for quite a while and attracted dirt and fuzz terribly. Does anyone have a source for basecoat/clearcoat that is economical compared to local dealers in PPG or Dupont?

MB
#89470 Sun Feb 04 2007 12:07 PM
Online Cool
Mike, try PPG's economy line Omni. Use Omni clear with the basecoat of your choice. Be sure to use the correct reducer and/or hardener in both base and clear for the temperature that you have. The fast Omni clear sets up fairly quick and still looks fine if you spray it slick.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#89471 Thu Feb 15 2007 01:48 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I have an update for ya,just got the skins back from the sandblaster and cleaned up and painted everything in the pump,the veeder root came out real nice..

Thanks,
Dustin Balduff

Dustin Balduff

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved