Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78729 Sun Apr 22 2007 12:45 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Over the past several months some of our "Of The Month" features have been sporadic at best. We've gotten too busy,participation has been light, etc.
I'm pleased to announce that we have renewed our commitment to bring these features to you.

Buys Of The Week will continue with its regular Sunday night start. Larry "Doc" Schultz aka The American Garage will continue as host of this popular feature.

Company Of The Month will continue with the same format. A different enthusiast will cover their favorite company each month. COTM will continue to start on the 1st of each month. I want to thank Doc for hosting this feature for so long. Unfortunately he no longer had time to do it. For the time being I'm hosting COTM. Someone is interested in hosting but I haven't had a chance to confirm it yet. As soon as I get that confirmation I'll update this notice.

We are in need of people to do a COTM feature. If you want to do one just email me at Lastgas15@aol.com and let me know.

Found Along The Way will remain unchanged. Wes Worsham aka Thermactor will start a new FATW on the 5th of each month.
FATW covers old stations, pumps and signs found in the wild, etc, etc. Basically old petro stuff we've seen in our travels.

Map Of The Month is coming back! Tom Hilliker aka NoChevys will kick off a new MOTM on the 10th of each month. This is an interesting feature that I've always enjoyed.

Sign Of The Month will also return with me as the host. I'll start a new SOTM on the 15th of each month. I'm hoping to eventually turn this feature over to a more experienced sign collector but I'm looking forward to the challenge until that happens.

Pump Of The Month is returning with some changes. Richard Allen aka GatorGasPumps will host this feature. Richard has some very interesting ideas for POTM.
POTM will start on the 20th of each month.

Globe Of The Month will be hosted by John Jarvis. John will start a new GOTM on the 25th of each month. John gets alot of good natured ribbing about the "Jarvis Jinx" but I'm confident in handing GOTM over to him.

There's more in the works too!!! I hope to announce another feature in the next few months.

The hosts of our regular monthly features have made the commitment to bring these features to you for the next year.
In the past we've always had more participation when we stayed on schedule. We fully intend to stay on this schedule:
BOTW, Sunday evening.
COTM, 1st of the month.
FATW, 5th of the month.
MOTM, 10th of the month.
SOTM, 15th of the month.
POTM, 20th of the month.
GOTM, 25th of the month.
These features will start in May.

I want to thank Doc, Wes, Tom, Richard, and John for bringing these features to you.

Please remember that while the hosts of these features do alot of work, ultimately we need your participation to keep them going.
If YOU have something that fits the featured catagories be sure to post it! You can post any time, not just the week that feature starts.

Bob Drake
Lasgas15

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 04-22-2007).]

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#78730 Sun Apr 22 2007 12:51 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Way to step up guys!!! As I can I will add photos!!!

Scott Wright
#78731 Sun Apr 22 2007 01:25 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Glad to do GOTM.
I have some ideas and will start with some basics so new guys will learn some in and outs of the globes. Globe can be scary but with a little help from this site i hope everyone will be comfortable collecting globes.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#78732 Sun Apr 22 2007 05:39 PM
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
BOB Did you get my email?
Ryan

WTB - Any thing from ILLINOIS FARM SUPPLY COMPANY
#78733 Sun Apr 22 2007 07:21 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thanks everyone that stepped up to help on these features.
I especially want to thank JJ for bringing back the Globe of the Month. I've missed it!
Also I want to say this. In the first paragraph I read "participation has been light". I think all of us need to start thinking of this site as "OUR" site. Yea these guys run the site but if we don't start posting when we can provide information then the site isn't as good. I know that a lot of guys who used to post here often still look at it almost every day. I've recently gone back to mostly being a lurker myself because of what I think is a lot of unchecked personal bashing but I'm going to try to participate more when I can because I love the info I get here and if I can provide anything I will. I don't have a large collection or a lot of knowledge but I think even making a post that you are enjoying something that someone else has posted helps keep this site interesting.
chris

#78734 Sun Jun 24 2007 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'm pleased to announce that Ryan Miller a.k.a. Oil Stuff will soon kick off a new monthly feature called Petroliana Collectible Of The Month, or PCOTM for short.

Some of you may remember Scott Shipers very popular Collectible Of The Week feature from a few years back. PCOTM will be similar to the old COTW feature with a few key differences. PCOTM will cover a different type of petro collectible each month. The format will be similar to Company Of The Month where a different enthusiast will host the feature each month.
PCOTM will give everyone a chance to show and educate us about their collecting specialties. Some of the things that we expect to be covered are: Body Shop collectibles, 5 Qt cans, Sign Pole Thermometers, Oil Can Banks, etc.

Petroliana Collectible Of the Month will start on the 12th of each month.
To get on the PCOTM schedule you can email Ryan at illinioil@yahoo.com

The new schedule for Showcase is:

BOTW, Sunday evening.
COTM, 1st of the month.
FATW, 5th of the month.
MOTM, 10th of the month.
PCOTM, 12th of the month.
SOTM, 15th of the month.
POTM, 20th of the month.
GOTM, 25th of the month.

Please contribute to all the "Of The Month" features. If you don't have anything to contribute please drop the hosts an email and let them know you appreciate their efforts.
Bob Drake
Lastgas15, Moderator of Showcase and Stories

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved