Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98967 Sat Jul 14 2007 11:02 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well, I'm like a proud new father, just got home with a brand new bundle of Joy and I can't wait to show it to my friends! Intersting story behind this one..........

I lost out on this pump on ebay a few years ago, the high bidder was fellow collector I'd come to know, and was in the middle of a deal with. He outbid me at the last minute, fair enough, that's how auctions work. The kicker was he went awal shortly afterward, and left myself and a lot of good people hanging out to dry. But, good things come to those who wait, at least thats what I was taught. I got a call earlier this week from a fellow in Eatonville Washington, the same town this same guy now lives? Anyway, he says he heard I was looking for a Dayton 900, as luck would have it, he just happened to have on for sale, what a coincidence? So I went along, after we got through the story about how he aquired it and recently decided not to restore it, we made a deal. I drove down late last night to pick it up, he seem's like a nice guy, so after it was loaded and I paid him, I put him on the spot to tell me the truth. He say's this guy is his friend and a local Realtor, (No kidding I thought, I kind of had that one figured out by the sign on his house?) and is in a real jam and needed to sell the pump, fast!. He offered to pay this fellow to pose as a collector to sell the pump to me, which is fine, I really wanted a Dayton 900. I just hope he doesn't think I was dumb enough to not figure out what was going on. Bottom line is, I came out on the winner!

So Dave, if you're reading this, and I know you are, THANKS FOR THE PUMP! BTW I'm still waiting for the other shipment to arrive with all my Wayne 800 parts, seems it got lost? LOL!

------------------
Good Luck on the Hunt
Lance / The Pogo Man
Pogo's Pumps
pogogas@telus.net

[This message has been edited by PogoGas.com (edited 07-15-2007).]

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#98968 Sun Jul 15 2007 03:33 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Way to go Lance !!!!!

#98969 Sun Jul 15 2007 06:42 AM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
right on lance....

#98970 Sun Jul 15 2007 06:45 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Patience pays off. Good to hear the happy ending for you Lance. Thanks for sharing a photo.
Mike

#98971 Sun Jul 15 2007 08:15 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
VERY nice addition to the family!

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
#98972 Sun Jul 15 2007 04:56 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks guys. I did a little dis-assembly today, the pumps is complete and original, except for the skins. I plugged it in, and the motor and pump still work. The electrical is all working, when I removed the original globe delete cap, there was a bakelite plug screwed into to light socket, I don't think this pump has ever had a globe one it. That's 8 down, 2 to go, not sure what I'm going to collect when I get through my list????????

------------------
Good Luck on the Hunt
Lance / The Pogo Man
Pogo's Pumps
pogogas@telus.net

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved