Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#258591 Sun Jun 12 2011 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I didn't want to put this in BOTW because I've purchased these nozzles over a few years and getting them "shined up" isn't really a purchase!
A couple years back I invested in a buffer and the compounds and grinding attachments and everything you need to do amateur polishing. Well it turned out great but I also learned just how much work is involved in doing a top job. My first gasoline nozzle had about 10 hours of work in it and I vowed to never do any for someone else because they couldn't afford to pay me enough that I would like the work!
Well along comes another Old Gasser that had some nozzles custom polished and when I inquired as to the cost, it was going to run about $90 to $110 per nozzle. I was discouraged and decided I would have to resolve to do my own! Somehow a light bulb came on in this dimly lit old brain(must be the gas fumes) and I remembered sending my Wayne 40 face plates to a fellow in Minnesota that was recommended by "Superamericaman". I got on the phone and the pictures will tell the rest of the story!
The place is "Mill Lake Metals" and the owner is Brian Standl. Hes a great guy to work with and is very reasonable in his fees. He only charged me $60 per nozzle plus shipping and they came back looking like this! I did disassemble them for him and he likes them bead blasted first but you will have to get your own quotes from him. I asked, and he indicated that he would be willing to do more, so if it interests you---call him at 320-594-2799.
I certainly am not going to do any more for myself when I can get this quality of a job at this price!!

Brass_Gas_Nozzles-resized.jpg

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
those look great Kevin

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Man, they look great.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LOOKS LIKE SOME "TOP BRASS" TO ME!

GREAT EFFORT KEVIN...YOU REALLY CAME SHINING THRU THIS TIME! wink

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've been waiting for this post, as I didnt get a chance to see them before Brian shipped them to you...they look great.

I'll add:
Brian will also polish all metals and offers nickel, copper, brass, gold...plating as well. I think he can arrange crome also, which will be over nickel. He is an expert in repairing cast iron by means of acetalene and cast rod.

He may attend Iowa Gas with me again this year if anyone wishes to meet him, pm me for my cell phone.

Kim

Wanted
*SuperAmerica SA, Holiday or Erickson
*Loxtercamp, Greenwald Service, Greenwald Standard Oil.
*Grey Crown Globe, Standard Oil Signs, Posters
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Kim does he do stainless that needs straightened & polished?

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I know he does stainless polishing. He has done aluminum and stainless pump parts for me, but would have to call him to discuss. I always tell people to email him pictures and then follow-up by phone. (He trys to avoid car parts and auto trim mostly because you cant polish a turd and then expect it to be perfect...) hope this helps.

Kim

Wanted
*SuperAmerica SA, Holiday or Erickson
*Loxtercamp, Greenwald Service, Greenwald Standard Oil.
*Grey Crown Globe, Standard Oil Signs, Posters
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice!!!!! I'm going to call.
Thanks

Looking for anything JENNEY OIL OR GAS

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved