Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

SOME PETRO MIXED IN WITH YESTERDAY'S GARAGE SALE FINDS....

THANKS! wink

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My buys from Columbus. Cities sign with different image on each side.
Super cool Champion tin and the always popular Pan Am.

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Wow Nice Stuff Greg!!

Here are my buys of the week:

Picked up this NOS Dorman Display:

And these NOS mid 20's Gilmer Belts:

And these NOS Carb Springs with original box

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here are a few of my buys from Columbus. Found some really cool items and got to see some good friends, great weekend!!

a2.jpg a1.jpg a3.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I got this cool little Cities Service brass tag from Ebay and the top No Smoking sign came from another Old Gasser. The top sign completed this set of 3 Standard Oil signs.

Brass Tag resized.jpg No Smoking resized.jpg

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I got a couple more things for the collection. I got the Sinclair HC one piece etched globe from the Hops. Used from about 1926 to 1935;

I also got this 30 inch double sided porcelain sign at Columbus from Butch. Probably from the early 1920's;

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Invader qt.

Invader qt.jpg
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I PICKED THIS PORCELAIN SIGN MAKERS PLATE OFF EBAY. A FRIEND OF MINE SAID IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ATTACHED TO A BIG PORCELAIN NEON SIGN. ANYBODY HAVE MORE INFO ON THIS TYPE OF SIGN. IT MEASURES 8"L X 2"T IN THE MIDDLE. I'M AWARE OF WHO "McAX" IS.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well its been a long time since I posted in the botw since i havent really bought anything since January. But since I was able to sale some stuff here on the site and at the cto show i was bale to bring some nice things home. I was even going to bring home a little extra cash but Lonnie and Aaron told I hadnt bought from them in a long time so i came home with no money but some neat stuff at least.

Hiotane Globe

Super A globe This globe my wife had achance to buy it an auction two years ago 15 minutes from my house and she pased on it beacuse the back lens was cracked she bought the other two. So imagine my surprise when I show up at CTO and I round the corner and there sets this globe I now have 8 versions of this globe.

Super A cans showed up at CTO as well crazy weekend

Purol Pep on glass single lens but hard to find on glass needless to say im on lock down again for awhile

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
two early ethyl signs

IMG_0242.JPG
two early ethyl signs- heavy porcelain

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I picked this up this morning. The guy does lawn work and landscaping. A lady told him to take an old shed in the back down. This was the floor of the shed. The reason he picked it up is because he watches the Pickers on TV and realized that a porcelain sign is worth cash. Other wise he would have tossed the sign. Score one for the pickers.

DSC01786 (2).JPG DSC01787 (2).JPG
Polished and ready to go a pump

Looking for Canadian Imperial and Canadian North Star.
John Neilsen
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I got a five gallons pennzoil cans yesterday and some signs

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Bought this 1938 double sided 6' Texaco banjo sign yesterday. Unfortunately, one side was painted over the porcelain (shown). The unpainted side is nice with a couple golf ball sized rust spots and no holes, slightly faded. I'm hoping the painted side is similar under the paint. Anyways, price was fair I guess for what it is. Temporarily screwed to the backwall of the garage while deciding whether to strip it or just leave it alone. This is my first pre-WW2 sign, so glad to own it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I got to sneak out & go junkin for a couple of hours & fetched this junk not 15 min's up the road from my place ,i have more to pick up this afternoon & the best is yet to come,believe it or not ,most of this was buried "both tops & sh sign & porcelain letters were anyways,there were about 10 s.w 612 doors with humble pump plates pulled from this place as well ,the guys grandfather worked for a humble jobber that had 6 stations in my area & evidently was responsible for removing pumps & junk back in the day,he said that he did not throw anything away & it was obvious,they had been clearing ceder & started uncovering all this stuff,he also showed me a gill body "TAILOR MADE GASOLINE GLOBE" in great condition ,he inherited the globe after his grandfather passed, so i did not bug him about the globe,or make an offer assuming that he was going to keep it,well i got a call about 20 mins ago & he asked if i was interested in the globe & wondered why i did not make an offer....lol ....im gonna make one tonight "for-sure" anyways ......had a blast nothing "spectacular" but definitely interesting!

Greg.......killer stuff like always!

_1.jpg _1.jpg _2.jpg
Last edited by DIESEL; Mon Jun 27 2011 09:52 AM.

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
1957 Tokheim Lubar Oil can cabinet opens up on all 4 sides.

Joey

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved