Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

Thanks Everybody!

GO PATS!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Finally got a Goodyear flange and a nice one at that.

goodyear flange.jpg
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R

02012015 031.jpg 02012015 030.jpg

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice early Gargoyle flange sign.

Not the greatest of cans but hard size to find. Hope to get a nice square quart to replace this one soon.

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I got this original red seal battery to go with the sign and goggles I already had.

I got this 36 inch tin hood tireman. I owned him once and sold and just recently got him back

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
About 2 years ago, I was in the great state of Idaho, buying a collection of Gas & Oil signs that Warren Burch (aka SWABBY) was selling. It was a long 2 day drive to get there and Warren was very cordial and introduced me to a fellow collector from the area named Mike. I ended up buying a couple of signs from Mike, and was treated to a full tour of his collection, including the nicely restored pumps in his house!
Well one of those pumps was a Bowser 300 that Warren had restored for him, and there was no expense spared in the restoration. The best of paint, all new plated fasteners, and all the details done to a "T"! I was so impressed with the pump, that I told Mike to give me a chance at it if he ever sold it, and of course, he said he had no intentions of EVER selling it, but if the occasion ever arose, he would contact me!
Fast forward to December 2014, and I get a call from Warren that Mike wished to sell the Bowser and wanted to know if I was interested? It was quite a bit of money, and I didn't have it at the time , but asked for 2 days to decide. A few quick calls, and I had enough sold to pay for the pump and I called back to confirm the sale. We had the holidays to contend with, and a few other things to get out of the way, and then we lined up NAVL to get the pump headed for North Dakota! I don't think it took over 2 weeks from the time I made the call, until NAVL delivered it on Thursday this last week!
The Warden loves this pump, and I don't have any pumps allowed into the house yet, but maybe, just maybe, this is the one! Thank you SWABBY and a very big THANK YOU to Mike for selling me this pump!

Bowser 300 001.JPG Bowser 300 002.JPG Bowser 300 003.JPG Bowser 300 004.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That pump is killer Kevin. You always have a good story too. laugh

Ron Gordon
Cell: 815.762.2616
Email: flash03@comcast.net
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
As many of us know, love will make a man do crazy things. For me that's buying a Petro sign! As many of you know, I like the farm and country store items much more than petro. Recently my girlfriend was scrolling Facebook while I was in class, and found this sign. I originally saw one 4 years ago when I started college hanging up at the local Cracker Barrel and have looked for one ever since. She likes all things Kentucky, so she had to have it. I never knew it was Petro sign until I sent a picture of it to a fellow oldgasser who gave me some info on it(thanks Jamie!) It was a small company started around Bowling Green, KY and later changed to Thrify Swifty.

Needless to say my girlfriend now wants any globe or items they used! Guess it took a few years but the Petro bug is trying to bite me. When asked if I could sell it down the road, she told "we can sell your kidney before you sell that sign."

If any of you guys have any more info on this sign, I'd love to know it!

Brandon Ferguson
Central City, KY
Farm Related Advertising
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Great sign Brandon, I will send you a pm.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice pump Kevin. Only a few items for me.

rsz_ba_40s_licence_plate_topper-1.jpg rsz_ba_40s_bakelite_key_chains-1.jpg rsz_ba_40s_bakelite_key_chains-2.jpg rsz_ba_hat_badges-1.jpg

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't know why...but, I bought another air meter for the stash. I like the muffler man.

rsz_eco_98_org_&_blk-1.jpg rsz_muffler_man-1.jpg

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Did some Swapping this weekend!

DSCF4999ar.jpg DSCF4997ar.jpg DSCF5002ar.jpg
Last edited by Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave; Sun Feb 01 2015 11:53 PM. Reason: wrong pic

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Few More.
I was worried about the HYVIS sign but not anymore thanx to a OldGasser that let me know it's the real deal! That info took away the lump in my stomach from the Seahawks loss in the Superbowl!
He let me know that it probably was a flange sign that has been cut. I think it was cut to use as a roof shingle or something similar.

DSCF5011ar.jpg DSCF5012ar.jpg DSCF5004ar.jpg DSCF5005ar.jpg

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I found this 6 footer for my buddy Alan smile

I found a RARE redwing stoneware pitcher that is the only one known to exist smile I then traded a collector for these signs!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice looking Goodyear Jon!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved