Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I'm starting this post for Mike of fins vtwins. non and oil company related toy gas pumps and stations . I'll have 5 pictures from his collection to post and he can comment on each one if hes up early enough. ha ha , here goes.

L to R a pair of liquor bottles(high test, no doubt!) a visible candy dispenser and a pair of Avon aftershave bottles(there's a red version too--pretty easy to find)

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 09-29-2003).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Good Morning # 2, heres some more of non and company items from Mikes collection,

L to R Snap-on tools premium Gilbarco pump(there are others)-- Pair of Tok 850s, one a phone, the other a radio --- a "clockface" (hahaha!)--- A tin candy box--- and in the center, a glass Christmas pump/ornament

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 09-30-2003).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The tall pump is 11" big and is plaster and was white when I got it ...I got it at a thrift store for 3 bucks and painted to look kinda rusty. The lil one is a porcelain trinket box that my Mother inlaw gave me. Have a great day all.
--------------------------------------------
Hubba, hungover in Shoreline WA (too much "High Octane" last night.

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I know this is a terrible photo, but it's the best I can do right now. Being the "Old Toy Doc", I should be able to add to this collectable of the week. I have many, many old toy gas stations and pumps that I'd like to share, but have most of them packed for the move. The one's I don't have packed, will have to wait until I am able to download photos on my new computer.
Here is a photo with some toys. A tin station with lithographed pumps on the sides, a cardboard station that was a candy store give away, little pedal cars from Hallmark, a tin visible gas pump with a bladder that holds water to pump into your toy car. On the very bottom is two Husky lighters that I couldn't find good photos of to put into last weeks collectable show and tell. Darn!
I'll look for better photos. I really wanted to post some better stuff here.

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Going out of town for a few days so I have to post the other three images of Mikes,

My Russian gas station---looks like it says Texaco. Fill 'er up, Comrade?

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Heres number 4.

Assorted pumps

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Heres number 5, the last of his , thanks Mike.

My favorites 3 Dinky toy pumps from England The visible on the right even has a working hand crank I placed a quarter in front to give an idea of how small they are.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I have a few small pumps and a couple of
little gas stations,but can't post.
Anyone willing to post for me if I can
E-mail a picture?
---JERRY

------------------

JERRY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great pumps Mike. I have a toy Esso pump packed away somewhere.
Keep those pictures coming.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Hello everyone.

Here is a shot of Chris' collection of miniature gas pumps. Some are gumball dispensers and some are liquid dispensers. Chris will log on later and let you know what everything is.

Later . . .

Jim

P.S. Jerry (or anyone), send me your shots and I'll get them posted for you.

[This message has been edited by T-way (edited 10-01-2003).]

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Cool stuff guys, keep them coming!

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Thanks a lot for posting the pic jim.
As jim said some of the pumps are gumball machines, if you look close you can see the hole were the gumball drops out on both of the TEXACO pumps , the rest are drink despensers, yes you squeeze the nozzle and your favorite drink will be dispensed in to your glass, I started collecting them about 4years ago, some are very common like the Gilmore and the Musgo you can find them anywere , but the White Rose pump is a little harder to find, Pogogas found a White Rose for me up in Vancover, it's on it's way. I understand that there is a Gulf one out there , if any one has that one, that they would like to sell, drop me a line,I currently have , Red Crown , Texaco, Aviation Gas, Sunoco< Musgo, Supertest, Gilmore White Rose and White Flash, Im always looking for ones with brand names that I don't have. The pumps are 21" high and are diecast, Thank for taking a look.lets see some more collections.

Chris Holt
Here's my little toy gas pump restorer at work

Below is my Topper Johnny Service station with parts mixed from both their body shop and gas station sets.

Below is my entry for smallest gas pump island. It is marked LEGO and is part of a 1960 Esso station kit. Smaller scale than today's LEGOs.

I haven't let my grandson play with any of those, yet. But we do have a great time playing with a 1960s Playschool wooden gas station. It is very plain, but sturdy. Takes imagination. He has plenty of that.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Here is s shot of the small gas pumps I acquired a few years ago. I don't know who made theses little guys - but they are kinda cute.

Later . . .

Jim

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Here is a shot of my tin litho storage box (it's actually a Coke piece). I got it 'cuz it had to do with gas.

The pumps, Coke machine and the sign on the 'building' are embossed. And the 'roof' comes off for storage inside.

Later . . .

Jim

[This message has been edited by T-way (edited 10-02-2003).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved