Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85855 Sat Jan 17 2004 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
WENT TO THE AUTO-MANIA SHOW TODAY IN ALLENTOWN , PA. IT WAS LIKE A MUCH SMALLER INDOOR CARLISLE...NICE BUT TOO SMALL!
IT WAS ALSO THE MEETING OF 3 COLLECTORS....TWO SEASONED AND ONE NEW. THE MEETING BETWEEN MIKE (gulfstuff) AND MYSELF WAS TO EXCHANGE FUNDS FOR A SIGN I'VE WANTED FOR A LONG TIME. MIKE MADE THIS ONE AVAILABLE TO ME AND WORKED WITH ME TO ACHIEVE MY GOAL. COLOR ME EXTREMELY HAPPY.
FOR THE EXCEPTION OF THE CHIP/DENT @ 12 O'CLOCK THE SIGN IS VERY NICE AND CLEAN. I AM SHOWING 2 PICS OF THIS FOR YOU TO DROOL OVER!!

THE SECOND SIGN WAS AN EBAY PURCHASE AND CAME FROM THE NEWER COLLECTOR (DOING A NEW GARAGE WITH HOT ROD). SAYS HE FOUND SEVERAL OF THESE ATLANTIC SIGNS IN AN OLD WAREHOUSE ON THE
FLOOR...ABOUT 19 OF THEM. THEY WERE ALL PRETTY MUCH ROUGH AND
WELL ABUSED...SHAME, HUH? HE MADE THIS ONE AVAILABLE ON EBAY AND IT ENDED @$31.00. NOT BAD FOR A BARN HANGER, EH? AND CERTAINLY BETTER THAN A CERTAIN MINUTE MAN
76 SIGN THAT TOM STOVER HAS! LOL!!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE WEST

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 01-17-2004).]

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#85856 Sat Jan 17 2004 07:05 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
OOOOOOHHHHHH OOOOOHHHH Wait till Hubba sees that one, he will be after it like a FAT KID on a SMARTIE !!!......LMFAO...

Cool sign , dont they always mean a lot more when you have to plan and wait to get it and make payments on it??? A lot different than just showing up at a swap and buying it!!

It will look great in your red sign room..dodogas

#85857 Sat Jan 17 2004 07:49 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Great looking sign,even the barn hanger.
---JERRY

------------------

JERRY
#85858 Sat Jan 17 2004 07:56 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SMARTIE, SMARTIE SMARTIE SMARTIE SIGN...WHOOOOOHOOOOOOHEHEHEHEHOOOO. GREAT SCORE DOC. LOL

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#85859 Mon Jan 19 2004 05:21 PM
G
G
WOW ! ! ! That Flying A sign didn`t look that good when it was in my garage. Can I have it back ?
Glad you are enjoying it Doc. It was a pleasure co-ordinating it all with you. You're a real gentleman. Please keep in touch.

------------------

#85860 Mon Jan 19 2004 05:28 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Mike, My Flying "A" savior! I owe my happiness all to you! Did you ever finish the deal with that other nicer one? I want to put my sign in front of the fireplace (I don't use it - ever since the squirrel incident!), but that bad boy is like an inch too tall! Still thinkin'.....oooh! I hurt myself! LOL!!! Let me know if ya get more Tydol, FA stuff....or gulfstuff too...hey that's you!
Keep in touch.

DOC Of The American Garage West

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved