Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bettin Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
Ever since I sold the two Woco-Pep globes last year at Carlisle and Hershey, I've had the (collector...could it be?) twinge of regret, as I originally bought them with the idea of keeping one for myself.

It was just about all I could take, listening to Roger Cherry and Eric Bair banter about the Woco-Pep globes all year.

But when Pat Anderton posted his collection of Woco's, I realized the version I had, was the best looking of the bunch - in my opinion anyway.

I noticed the Woco I sold to Scott, had not yet been resold, so after a few days of looking at it on-line, I bought it back at a premium (stupid is as stupid does in this hobby).

The globe arrived today with it's old yellow body. We cleaned the lenses (they are mint) and put them in a white porcelain body for our own shelf display.

I guess they are home at last......or at least for a while - depends on the "twinge".......

AS IT WAS....

AS IT IS NOW....

------------------
Ron Bettin
740-774-OHIO(6446)
bettin@bright.net

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Oh my, looks like the Woco bug has bitten Ron Bettin. And I thought he ONLY bought to resale. Could this be a different side of him? Hey Sinclair Joe, what do you think? Have we got the "sell for profit" dealer side to give in and collect a little? I know that Woco-Pep Ron has may just look a little better even than mine. I believe we may see a new side of Ron that collects to enjoy and look at. Congradulation Ron, join the collector side of the hobby!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He's ALMOST smile'n TOO !
Just might have a soft spot [SOMEWHERE].
db

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ron, I am glad you got it back... that's a nice globe. I didn't know you could improve it's looks but you did with the white body. Looks great!!!!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
WHAT A HOOT....

The fun continues...Lookin' good Ron!

I still have my Carlisle Fresh Woco-Pep(looking at it even as I sit here typing) in the original frame with the cracked yellow paint...Hmmmm, wonder what it's worth now????
Hey Roger, any suggestions

Also, what should I pick up this year that could be as much fun as a Woco-Pep?????
It's gonna be a hard act to follow I think

Sinclair Joe

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved