Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
I found my first globe today at an antique shop out in the middle of nowhere. It's a Sinclair with a Capcolite base. From what I can tell, it looks all original. There are 2 different lenses, the pictures are below if I uploaded them correctly. Looks to be in pretty good shape. I paid $140, don't know if this was a good buy or not. It does look pretty cool though. The thrill of the hunt is the best part!

Brent

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great globe for your first! Beware... you can't own just 1 globe. LOL It should be easy to get 1 lens of each to put with your globe... then you can have 2 globes that are complete. Be very careful as you take it apart so one lens doesn't drop on to the other lens because we would hate to see you break or chip it.

Don't anyone say anything about me and break in the same post!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
feels good does it i found my first globe a one piece gulf globe for 450 [IMG]http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/...07ge.th.jpg"> MG][/URL]

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
Man you both did real good........You never forget the first one.......The hunt is the most fun.....
REX LIKES GLOBES

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Chevelle SS

If you want another Dino lens to make the globe the same on both sides shoot me an email as I have a couple extra Dino lenses.

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
G
If you think thats a rush, wait till you find your first WILD globe! In an attic or barn or bulkshed...Wherever!

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
The lenses are usually around 55 at the shows if you hunt for them.Lonnie Hopp sold me a couple of sets for that price and I think that Roger Cherry has some for a good price if you want two globes.Original capcos have value too.Youll never stop collecting globes now,that is until you ***** one!Good Luck!

------------------

C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Hey guys, thanks for the info on extra lenses but I think I'm going to keep it like it is for right now. I kind of like it.
Brent

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved