Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mac Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I wanted to give a BIG thank you to Jim Potts, Lance (Pogogas), and Doc at the American Garage for holding the "3000 Contest." I was suprised when I won the contest and had a heck of time deciding what lenses to pick out from Lance's "Pogogas's" awesome collection of lenses.

I went with the Aviation Dry 400 lenses. I finally got the globe body painted and mounted the lenses. I love it!

I wanted to thank Jim Potts for this great site and all he does to support the hobby. I wanted to say that, if you are looking for the best museum quality lenses out there, you really need to call Lance (Pogogas). The lenses I received are absolutely beautiful. They are marked with the date so there is no monkeying around about originality, but it is done tastefully the way all reproductions should be marked, in my opinion.

I also wanted to thank Doc for masterminding the whole "3000" contest. I believe he is the one who came up with it in the first place.

Anyway, here are some pics of Pogo's beautiful work for all to enjoy. I know I will. Thank you Jim, Lance "Pogogas", and Doc!

Take care,
Mac

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You got me by a day or two.

Nice globe!!! Man, they are beautiful aren't they. I'll probably buy one when I do my next pump resto.

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who put the contest together. It was a blast.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Mac thats a great looking globe, I know what you mean about the quality of Lances globes, he does nice work I own several of his ,And they all look great on top of my pumps.

[This message has been edited by +Chris Holt (edited 03-05-2006).]

Chris Holt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW, MAC....THAT SURE IS A SHARP LOOKING GLOBE. GLAD YOU WERE SHARP ENOUGH TO DO THE MATH AND WON IT IN THE END! THANKS FOR SHARING THE WINNINGS!
THANKS LANCE FOR PROVIDING THE PRIZE AND JIM FOR PROVIDING THIS AWESOME WEBSITE.

~DOC @ TAG.WEST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Hey Mac did you put that together after I left your place? Looks real good. I also liked your collection looks real nice. Thanks for the pump I like it

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
M
Mac Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Brad,

Yeah. I found some Wizard's aluminum polish and shined up the snap rings and then put it together. I couldn't get a good pic inside so I put it on the railing of my deck to shoot the photos. Glad it didn't fall off! Once I get all this construction stuff done, I'll get it up on my shelf and lit up. My whole house is getting shook up with all the work their doing.

Mac

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved