Next Thread
Print Thread
#79142 Wed Mar 14 2007 01:29 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Decided to go out and do some pump hunting today in the country. In a 2 mile area I found a Wayne 866, Wayne 60, Tokheim 39 Tall and a Wayne 70, all without a dent on them. The problem: Nobody home at any of them! The 866 and 60 were together, still had the original Atlantic doors and ad glass. Left some notes on doors, hopefully I get a call!

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#79143 Wed Mar 14 2007 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't wait for a call. Keep going back until you talk to someone!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#79144 Wed Mar 14 2007 03:45 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would keep going back. Notes usually don't work, at least they haven't for me. I've left notes many times and never get a call but when I went back on several pumps I got 'em. They probably threw the note away after reading it.

Mike

KJV Psalms 16:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
#79145 Wed Mar 14 2007 08:11 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Yeah, I'm going to go back at some point. I have a feeling the 866 and 60 have been asked about before as they are practically on the road, but you never know. The 39 though is quite hidden and I doubt many people have ever noticed it. Only reason I found it was that I had one of those "feelings" about the place.

#79146 Thu Mar 15 2007 03:05 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I bought my Wayne 60 off an old Farm. The pump was right next to a main road. Many people had told me I was wasting my time to ask about it since they had all tried to buy it. I went anyway and checked it out. The owners were nice and said thousands of people had tried to buy it over the years. They said make me an offer. I offered $300 which was about all I had in the mad money at the time. They said they would think on it. I had my doubts but 1 week later they called and said if I wanted it for $400 to come and get it. It was complete and had both Atlantic White Flash porcelain doors in good shape. When I picked it up they said that the most anyone had ever offered was $50. Now I know I got it cheap but all these other folks were really trying to rip them off and they knew it. Don't go too wild on your offer but offer enough to not offend them. Very few people now a days are clueless on pump values. These old farmers have attended enough auctions to keep them informed. Good Luck and keep us posted!!

Mike

KJV Psalms 16:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
#79147 Thu Mar 15 2007 07:12 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mike your 100% right about the farmers,I was bird hunting in South Dakota and found two visables.I thought I was on to something until the farmer busts out"Do you know what those things go for at the auctions?"This was in the middle of NOWHERE.I also bought a pump off a busy road that alot of people stopped to buy including my buddy that offered more than I did but I ended getting it for 100.00 less.Of course I buy my sweet corn from him.LOL

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved