Print Thread
#105071 Thu Feb 07 2008 08:10 AM
T
tagree0 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hey folks, I just wanted to make a quick post to draw your attention to the globe album. Lastgas15 collected thousands of pictures for the globe album and I have spent the last couple of months cropping and researching the pics.

We now have over 1000 globes from over 200 companies in the album. I still have about 1000 more to go, but these last ones will go slower because they are more difficult to identify.

At any rate, I think we can now say that the globe album is a useful resource.

I know for a fact that there are some inaccuracies due to my limited experience, so please post a reply with any mistakes or miscategorizations you see. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Tom

Here is the url:
http://www.gaspumps.info/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core%3AShowItem&g2_itemId=1316&g2_page=1

Tom
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#105072 Thu Feb 07 2008 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for all the work you did on this. I know it takes a lot of time.

Email sent.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
#105073 Thu Feb 07 2008 01:02 PM
V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
That is awesome! Thanks guys, I know that was a lot of work.
While we are on the subject of globes, I have an idea and am wondering if its worthwhile or stupid. For that matter, it can apply to signs,pumps, shakers, maps, whatever.
Heres my idea: What if we had a section on the site that listed recent sales/prices? Members could post the final sale price from ebay, other auctions, and private sales. We all know that as soon as a guide is published, you cant rely on the price guide and there are lots of posts asking "what do you think this is worth?"
I think this would be valuable info for members.
I am a beginner globe collector and I save printouts of ebay and other auctions to give me an idea of what I should offer for a globe. When I see something I like, I see if I have any recent sales in my file to guide me. Obviously, what someone paid for a globe ( or pump, sign etc) once doesnt mean thats what its worth, but it helps. If we had a bunch of members post to this, it would really help someone decide what to pay for something.
Im no computer wizzard, but I assume there would be an easy way to set it up so people could just cut and paste and it could be organized so it wouldnt be a hassle to do it. The only drawback I can think of is all you guys who sell and prefer to have emotional, or uninformed buyers...and thats not a slam, thats business, believe me, I know.
So, stupid, or worthwhile?
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
#105074 Thu Feb 07 2008 09:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Tom;

Looking really good on the globe album! A huge undertaking but it will be a tremendus resourse for the Oldgas community. Thanks for all time that you have put into the project!

Lonnie

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
#105075 Thu Feb 07 2008 09:56 PM
I really have to thank Tom for volunteering to take on this task. It does take a lot of time, but the result will be wonderful. Keep up the great work, Tom!

Here is a shorter link to the Gas Globe Album.
http://www.gaspumps.info/gallery/v/globes/

Now I need to upload more gas pump pictures into the Gas Pump Album next door to the Globe Album.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#105076 Fri Feb 08 2008 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The globe album is a huge project. Thanks Tom!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#105077 Sat Feb 09 2008 07:24 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The globe album looks very good. That's a great resource.

John, for what it's worth, I think that is a pretty neat idea. I do the same thing with printouts and things stuffed into books and tracking items on Ebay just for what knowlege I can get after the auction ends on the item. Heck people are always wondering about values on here in the general discussion area anyway. So I see the potential for the interest in it. Could be a major undertaking though.....Dave

........Dave
#105078 Sun Feb 10 2008 07:08 AM
Thank you for taking the time, I have loved just looking through all of the globes.
Matt

Matt Jamison
#105079 Sun Feb 10 2008 06:11 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great job on the globes Tom!!
I see the Badger globe as Badger oil....I could be mistaken but wasn't Badger just a grade of gas from Wadham's fame in state of Wisconsin?

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
#105080 Mon Feb 11 2008 09:27 AM
T
tagree0 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Thanks guys.

Thanks Minuteman. I'll do some more research into the badger brand.

Tom
#105081 Mon Feb 11 2008 12:34 PM
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Don't know if the Badger Oil Company was associated with Wadhams but this lens is on the backside of my Badger 60-62 lens.

Bill Fortune
#105082 Sat Feb 16 2008 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It should be mentioned that several dealers, auctioneers,ebay sellers, and collectors gave permission to THIS site to use their globe images for the Oldgas.com Globe Album.
A big thank you to Scott Benjamin, John O'Hern, Butch Greer, Aumann Auctions, Matthews Auctions, and countless ebay sellers and collectors here on Shop Talk.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#105083 Sat Feb 16 2008 01:50 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I agree with Lastgas, and also thank all who have provided images. Even some of my pics are in the album. Keep up the good work.

Kim

PS
(As a side note, I believe that once you have posted an image in the Oldgas site, you have given them legal permission to use the image on this site. For example, no person needed to contact me for permission to use prior images I posted in Shop Talk, which are now used in the Globe Album. "Images posted on Oldgas.com Shop Talk are protected by copyright on behalf of the image owner. Members do give Primarily Petroliana permission to display the image on the Web.")

------------------

Wanted
*SuperAmerica SA, Holiday or Erickson
*Loxtercamp, Greenwald Service, Greenwald Standard Oil.
*Grey Crown Globe, Standard Oil Signs, Posters

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved