Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
eshaver Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
My dirama collection was started by this former filling station that I grew up with. It is located at 3401 Patterson Avenue . Now while the origional building is now history , I was able to build a model of it . The building was built in March of 1923 . It lasted until 1965 when the city Fire marshall declared the construction in violation of fire saftey codes . See, both the origional office and canopy were Stucco over a wood frame . Since the large canopy shrouded the gas pumps, it was thought to create a safety hazard .
In 1965 , this building was torn doown and then relaced by a very bland Brick Colonial Revival building with a single attached garage .At this time the brand was changed from Richfield to Sinclair also. Sinclair was then sold until about 1969 when the brand was then changed to B P . The station continued to operate until the middle 1980s when it ceaced to sel gasoline and became a Dry cleaner drop off point .
This model has " Experimental " cars around it to give a What if look about it in around 1965 .

Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
K
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
K
WOW, that there is one awesome looking model station!! It must take a massive amount of time to build something like that. It's even the the right brand! grin Kent.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ed, Nice looking station.

C
C
Is that the Batmobile I see?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Holy Cow!!! I think it is. Nice work miniature crusader!
Mike

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Cool display. I like the activity and typical clutter supplies around the lift. Futuristic ride about to be HI-OCTAINED and wires for the birds to perch. Hey Ed, since Ive been with this site I have seen many of your displays and Im sure a lot I havent. Because of the size of your projects Im imagining that you display them on shelving or cabinets like displaying globes. Where as friends and guest can pan and view your collection. How are you set up? Roger

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
very cool Ed

Jay Leeper
eshaver Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Rodger , the Richfeld was shown ONE TIME at at a local model show here in Richmond Virginia . Turns out the contest was a " Rigg Job " . I didn't even garner an Honorable Mention . There were people in the host club that even mentioned it to me the next year that I got " Shafted an shafted good !" . For that reason , I put this station into a box , never to be seen again . I' prrobably won't do anything with it except if the Virginia Historical society wants it on a loan . Ed Shaver

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thats always a downer when your passed up on all ends during an event that judges ones talent and approach on what something should look like. I stopped taking my Model A roadster streetrod to all car contest shows. This all steel car was a ground off build, all the work be me in 4 years of detail, blood, swet, and tears just to see my work get beat out by fiberglass kit cars with owners writing out checks right and left for its construction. We know who we are but yet you cant ware your heart on your shirt sleeve! Get that baby out there where you can look at it ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
K
Well said Roger. That baby needs to be displayed where people can see it! It needs to be in a display case at a store or station in that area. Kent.

eshaver Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Rodger , Kent it was the International Plastic Modelers society - Richmond Virginia Chapter . They are predominetly a W W II aircraft kit building club . I havent been active in that club since 1994. Ed Shaver

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved