Other than a missing receiver bezel and a reset crank, I've finally completed semi-restoring my Wayne 70. This was a VERY low-budget restoration, but I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.

I acquired it in pretty poor condition. Not one door or panel was straight. I did the best hammer and dolly work I could and used a little plastic filler. One side panel was so bad I had to cut a 10" by 18" rectangle out and weld-in a patch. Like I said, I didn't have much budget so, I created my own ad glasses, rattle-canned the paint and built my own light 'manifold' to save as much as possible.

I've generally been a quiet lurker on this board, but wanted to give a BIG THANKS to Old Gassers for advice on tearing it down, selling me new and used parts, and providing a ton of knowledge and instruction. The 'Search' function on this site has been indispensable.

The Veedol oil barrel came from my wife's grandmother's garage and was the inspiration to finish the pump with Tydol. I'm no Veedol Al, but it looks like I may become a Tydol/Veedol collector. wink

-Marc (Wagz)